*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 2. - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2010, 06:38 AM   #781
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 2.

I'm not sure Vika's path to the QF will be as easy as some people seem to think. Call me a pessimist, but I believe Martinez Sanchez could potentially give Vika some trouble in R3. I don't think Vika's ever played her before, and her unusual style (leftie s & v, dropshots ā outrance) could give her fits if she's not ready. Wickwayer could be a challenge as well, though the quality of her performance is often hard to predict... at the AO she came very close to losing against the likes of Sema or Dulgheru, and yet gave Henin a real run for her money later on in the tournament.

Bit disappointing that Vika's not playing doubles this year. I suppose teaming up with Zvonareva to defend last year's title might have been a bit awkward because of the coaching situation, but I was expecting her to play with Kuznetsova, like earlier this year. Sveta isn't in the doubles draw either, and meanwhile Vera is partnering Safarova... that one looks like a last-minute arrangement to me.
Advertisement

Old Mar 10th, 2010, 06:47 AM   #782
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

On a different note, I see Vika's still very active on Twitter. Her latest post:

Quote:
i also did bag check after my practise!for tennis channel! its gonna be funny when u guys see it
about 12 hours ago via mobile web
So, something to look forward to. She seems to enjoy interacting with fans, often asking random questions and such. It's almost enough to make me create my own Twitter account. Almost.

Every time she writes "love u guys", I can't help but think of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rrgt2096c4

Old Mar 10th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #783
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrounder View Post
Well she avoided both Kim and Justine in the early stages which was the main worry. Wickmayer was probably the best 4R she could have got out of the possibilities other than maybe Petrova. From the QF onwards any tier 1 will be tough though really unless the draw opens up bigtime. Compared to draws she was getting after Wimbledon last year this one doesn't look bad at all

Are you still going to IW BTW Andreas?
No, unfortunately not I just wanted to join the fun!

Quote:
Vika appears to have chosen Marbella as her MM tournament for the first half of the year as TBE said she's on the entry list for it. This'l mean she'l be playing 5 weeks out of 7 up until RG (Marbella, Charleston, Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid) and will also mean she'l be going from Miami to Marbella, then back to US for Charleston the next week. What is she hoping to gain from doing that? unless the WTA have forced her to play at least 1 MM as a promotional commitment for a top 10er but Serena is also playing Marbella I hope she see's sense and withdraws if she can after she's retained her Miami title
Marbella Does she really have to play one? She should play Copenhagen in the 2nd half

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Edit this post ASAP, I know of people who've gotten bans for saying Dickmayer

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 02:24 PM   #784
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
Marbella Does she really have to play one? She should play Copenhagen in the 2nd half
I don't think you have to. I think the rules say sth like "top player are allowed to play"
And I think she couldn't play Copenhagen because of Wozniacki...unless they are willing to raise the prize money
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #785
country flag allrounder

allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritof42 View Post
I'm not sure Vika's path to the QF will be as easy as some people seem to think. Call me a pessimist, but I believe Martinez Sanchez could potentially give Vika some trouble in R3. I don't think Vika's ever played her before, and her unusual style (leftie s & v, dropshots ā outrance) could give her fits if she's not ready. Wickwayer could be a challenge as well, though the quality of her performance is often hard to predict... at the AO she came very close to losing against the likes of Sema or Dulgheru, and yet gave Henin a real run for her money later on in the tournament.
I don't think anyones suggesting it will be easy, this is Vika we're talking about afterall As i said in my previous post it's more of a relief she hasn't got any of Justine, Kim or Sharapova in her path before the QF stage because that would have made it far worse. Vika should really be able to beat MJMS on a hard court though unless she plays a really bad match, if it was on clay i'd be slightly more worried. As for Wickmayer, isn't she currently on a 3 match losing streak if you don't count FED cup? She also has the possiblity of facing both Safarova and probably Hantuchova/Oudin too before getting to Vika which could both be very tricky matches for her which there's no guarantee she'l come through with her current form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas
I'm not sure what the rules are on top 10ers with international events but i think all of them apart from Sveta played at least one last year. There seems to be some confusion on the tournaments forum over whether she's actually playing Marbella or not because TBE said she's on the entry list but according to the tourny site she's not on the player list that's been released I really hope she isn't playing there because it makes no sense with her playing Charleston the next week. No chance of her playing Copenhagen though i'm sorry to say, I don't think Piotr will want another top 10er there who's a serious threat to Caro winning her home MM title in it's first year She's playing in San Diego that week I think.

~The Official Anger Management Counsellor of Vikaland~

Last edited by allrounder : Mar 10th, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
allrounder is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 03:04 PM   #786
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Edit this post ASAP, I know of people who've gotten bans for saying Dickmayer
Everyone can dislike whoever he/she wants. People don't need to like Wickmayer because you do.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #787
country flag Christinawww

Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future

a top10 player is allowed to play one international before Wimbledon and one after Wimbledon. No more than that and they don't have to.
I really hope Vika doesn't play Marbella, it is very unlike her to play that many tournaments in a row. Last year she withdrew from Charleston with what I am guessing was a fake/not-so-serious-injury because getting to SF in Indian Wells and then winning Miami was a lot of matches in short time. I don't see her going far in those two events and then playing for two more weeks. I would be very surprised

Official Defender of Temper Tantrums in Vikaland

Visit http://www.victoriousvika.com for everything on Vika
Christinawww is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #788
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Christina, Marbella would be a bad decision.

I think we won't see Vika playing a MM tournament before Wimbledon this year. After Miami, I think she's playing every Premier clay tournament (Charleston, Stuttgart, Rome and Madrid) except Warsaw. And those 4 clay tournaments alone must be enough preparation towards the FO.

My best guess for Vika playing a MM tournament would be either one of the grass MMs or Seoul. But I think the chance is very slim she's playing 1 this year.
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 04:22 PM   #789
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleh View Post
suum cuique.
It's official, I'm cheering for Azarenka in IW. Unless she plays Sharapova in the final
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #790
country flag allrounder

allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future allrounder has a brilliant future

Vika has big chance to gain a lot of points at Charleston, Stuttgart and Madrid too with basically nothing to defend at any of them which would make playing Marbella seem even more silly. The Marbella tournament site released the player list with only 23 players on though with Vika missing so hopefully she already has withdrawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator
It's official, I'm cheering for Azarenka in IW. Unless she plays Sharapova in the final
I don't agree with the second part though

~The Official Anger Management Counsellor of Vikaland~
allrounder is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 04:40 PM   #791
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not sure what the rules are on top 10ers with international events but i think all of them apart from Sveta played at least one last year. There seems to be some confusion on the tournaments forum over whether she's actually playing Marbella or not because TBE said she's on the entry list but according to the tourny site she's not on the player list that's been released I really hope she isn't playing there because it makes no sense with her playing Charleston the next week. No chance of her playing Copenhagen though i'm sorry to say, I don't think Piotr will want another top 10er there who's a serious threat to Caro winning her home MM title in it's first year She's playing in San Diego that week I think.
Caro said she would probably try and make her friends play and it was rumoured that Clijsters and Ivanovic would come, but I guess not I think they are willing to raise the prize money, but I don't think any of the top 10 players would want to skip San Diego

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 11:06 PM   #792
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter. View Post
Everyone can dislike whoever he/she wants. People don't need to like Wickmayer because you do.
What he hell does that have to do with me liking Yanina?
Did I say that you must cheer for Yanina? I'm just saying it because two posters have already been banned for saying things like "Dickmayer"

Whatever, I don't even like you (along with Nina's other haters that I used to be friends or somewhat friends with) anymore after all of your idiotic comments about Yanina in the GM when you know nothing about her difficult draws, injuries, and problems with WADA

Anyways, I hope Vika withdraws from Marbella because I don't want her to play too much

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 09:27 AM   #793
country flag Spiritof42

Vika's scheduling is usually pretty sensible. Playing Marbella would not make a whole lot of sense, as has been pointed out, but since her name is not on the player list I don't think we need to worry too much about it.
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #794
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Vika's fans fighting like this makes Vika cry
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM   #795
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Quote:
What he hell does that have to do with me liking Yanina?
Did I say that you must cheer for Yanina? I'm just saying it because two posters have already been banned for saying things like "Dickmayer"

Whatever, I don't even like you (along with Nina's other haters that I used to be friends or somewhat friends with) anymore after all of your idiotic comments about Yanina in the GM when you know nothing about her difficult draws, injuries, and problems with WADA
You were trying to boss around Will into editing his post. And you can't know the reason(s) why people get banned, so how would you know those persons got banned because they said Dickmayer except if those persons told you the reason.

Must I remind you that I live in Belgium ? I heard her WADA problems 3 hours a day for like 2/3 weeks, I always hear about her injuries and draws in something called 'the news', and ofcourse Belgian sports websites. I probably know more about her than you do, even if I don't want to.
Closed Thread