*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 2. - Page 326 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #4876
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
Goddamned thigh strains.

I'm happy we got to watch that coaching session between Vika and Sumyk, I might not like him but I'm glad he was able to convince Vika that playing on is too dangerous for her. Hopefully this injury doesn't jack up her entire spring like it did last year.
I was just thinking about this... Vika is so unlucky, it's out of this world.
Quote:
It's a left hip flexor strain, so if she takes care of it between now and Miami she should be okay to play, though I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls out of Miami either, it all depended on how fast it heals. She's played a lot of tennis this week in both singles and doubles and crap like this happens.

And if I hear one more sarcastic irritating comment about Vika's bag check OR her "always retiring" and "not an athlete" I'm going to lose it. I'm so tired of people talking down about Vika's game, her grunt, her lack of power but yet bitching that she's a ballbasher. She's in the top ten for a good damned reason people. Deal with it.
Hopefully she's okay to play Miami. But yeah she has played so much this week.

And I know right? Petulant trolls.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #4877
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

WTF she's so damn unlucy everytime she's doing well something has to happen to her hopefully she recovers soon and is ready for Miami.
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #4878
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter. View Post
I was just thinking about this... Vika is so unlucky, it's out of this world.

Hopefully she's okay to play Miami. But yeah she has played so much this week.

And I know right? Petulant trolls.
I really hope she is able to play and put in a good showing in Miami, all things aside this was a good tournament for her considering her form. She got some fight back in her which I think we all were worried she'd lost in Dubai/Doha. If she does play Miami, she needs to skip doubles for a while, I know that sucks for Kiri, but it's just something that has to be taken into account.

Petulant trolls is a perfect description. The insinuation that Vika's fat/out of shape is making me laugh though, because if she's fat that what the hell does that make some of the other players? If she was out of shape, she would have lost long before this round.
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #4879
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

That is all.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #4880
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I really hope she is able to play and put in a good showing in Miami, all things aside this was a good tournament for her considering her form. She got some fight back in her which I think we all were worried she'd lost in Dubai/Doha. If she does play Miami, she needs to skip doubles for a while, I know that sucks for Kiri, but it's just something that has to be taken into account.

Petulant trolls is a perfect description. The insinuation that Vika's fat/out of shape is making me laugh though, because if she's fat that what the hell does that make some of the other players? If she was out of shape, she would have lost long before this round.
Yes I agree, she should minimalise her amount of tennis to singles only if she's able to play Miami.

E X A C T L Y. Some people just don't have the ability to think, it's sad.
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #4881
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Just got home, saw the news Oh Vika
Any idea on how serious a strain?
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #4882
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Cronin says Vika has, naturally, also pulled out of doubles.
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #4883
Break My Rapture
Heaux

New tweets: Hey guys! Very unfortunate for me today! I was really looking forward to the match! Going for a scan later. Hope its not to serious!

We hope so too, Vika. Fingers crossed.

Thanks so much for ur messages and support! Will try my best to recover soon. Xx
Old Mar 17th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #4884
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

The scans are usually just to make sure everything looks okay in there, hopefully, since she was able to walk on it, it shouldn't take too long to heal. Obviously even if it isn't torn or anything but the doctors tell her to not play Miami I hope Sumyk puts his foot down (again) and tells her she can't play.

Maybe she needs a new trainer though or a change in her fitness regiment. She's obviously showing weaknesses in her thighs and that could be due to not focusing on them enough in fitness to get them and keep them as strong as possible. I did kind of get the feeling by Sumyk's talk with her that this may be something they'll have to work on once she's healed. And playing so much tennis in both singles and doubles doesn't help.

Hopefully, this isn't too serious of an injury, and more importantly hopefully this doesn't destroy the confidence she gained this week by fighting through some patchy play.

This is all so depressing. Two steps forward, three steps back.
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #4885
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

There's a word for this you know.

Vika...
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 08:00 AM   #4886
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

Bad luck

Hopefully she gets better soon and doesnt play injured.
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #4887
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Vika is certainly a fighter- but she's putting herself in positions where she has to fight for every single win. She's used to fighting because she's getting used to struggling. That kind of thing is draining and could have a bad effect in following tournaments. With her history of injuries she cannot be playing these kinds of matches all the time. She's playing doubles too, that's a lot of court time. If she wants to win without exhausting herself she needs to improve her serve. She must know it's a problem, but it seems she cannot fix it.

As Mike said above, the day off will help though. Just as well for her really. Honestly, I'm still expecting the tiredness to show at some point against Caro.
Unfortunately the fears I (and other users) had of Vika picking up minor injuries etc were well-founded. This is why it's so bad for her when she struggles so much to hold serve and prolongs the matches. She exhausts herself.

Hopefully she recovers soon. I think she actually works quite hard on her conditioning- that's the impression I get anyway. Maybe she can do something about it. But she's just spending so much time on court, and her body isn't standing up to the type of tennis she wants to play. She wants to be tough, but she also needs to be smart, and start shortening those points, serving bigger.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #4888
country flag Langers

Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute Langers has a reputation beyond repute

Some say unlucky, some say injury prone, and to be honest she and her team would be foolish not to try and investigate why she is constantly suffering from niggling injuries. ALL. THE. TIME.
Langers is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #4889
country flag Vikaer

Vikaer is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Some say unlucky, some say injury prone, and to be honest she and her team would be foolish not to try and investigate why she is constantly suffering from niggling injuries. ALL. THE. TIME.
cannot agree with u more,inow think Vika's team including herself are quite stupid ,she's absolutely not good enough to play both singles$doubles,but she now plays doubles better than singles,come on ,she's expected to win GS in singles,hopefully,vika can give uo doubles a while ,focus on singles,esp on her serves,this year,i increasingly found her coach donot kown how to help her and is not able to help her.
Vikaer is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 02:30 PM   #4890
country flag Vikaer

Vikaer is an unknown quantity at this point

forgot to say ,recover soon,vika ,i wanna see your smile on the court.
Vikaer is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread