*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 2. - Page 286 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #4276
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 2.

Stream Aaaaaand I'm watching it. Even though it's on at 3:30 AM here, I have a snowday tomorrow because we're getting a blizzard. It's like the snow wants me to watch Vika.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #4277
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

I had no idea she played already until I just now checked the scores. School is kicking my butt.

Solid win, the amount of breaks and the second serve points are very worrisome (even for the wta). Please, please, please play better tomorrow against Saint Kim tomorrow.
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #4278
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

19.30 local time? Argh. Aussie tennis season will be the death of me.

Come on Vika!
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #4279
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

Vika lost 3-6, 2-6. Kim was too good on the bp's

saul1333 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #4280
country flag AnDrEi.b

AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold AnDrEi.b is a splendid one to behold

Vika

Dulgheru - Pennetta - Lisicki - Groth - Goerges - Niculescu - Rus - Mirza - Halep

Olaru - Larsson - Cadanțu - Domachowska - Begu - Li - Platon
AnDrEi.b is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #4281
country flag Spiritof42

Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute Spiritof42 has a reputation beyond repute

Meh. That was a frustrating one to watch.

Clijsters's serve was a bit of a mess (in part because of the wind). Vika had a ton of chances to break (as usual), but the fact that she only managed to do it twice, and both times on a Clijsters double fault, says a lot about this match. And how many times did Vika have game point(s) on her own serve, only to screw it up and get broken?

Vika just wasn't able to grab any of those decisive points unless they were handed to her on a silver platter. Clijsters looked like a much better pressure player, it has to be said: apart from those two DFs, she was at her best when it really mattered, whereas for Vika it was usually the opposite.
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 10:19 AM   #4282
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

For me, the big issue is still that, against good returners, Vika cannot win enough points behind her first serve. She won only 49% of first serve points today. It's as if she has two second serves. You can't win a match like that. Kim by comparison won 78% when she landed her first serve. On big points, good players land first serves, so you need to be able to win those first serve points.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #4283
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Ugly match overall from my point of view (...) lots of weird shots from both but especially for Kimmie anyways for Vika I guess she knows what she needs to work on for the next coming two weeks : regularity. Vika really too much little blips of good plays then rivers of ugly tennis (...)

I didn't understand her strategies either where she was playing Kimmie a lot in the center 1rst set and taking winners from all over the place (...) at 5-2 she changed it up a bit redirecting her shots a little bit more to put Kimmie on the run much more (...)

Vika seems to persist to prefer serving percentage than to take more risks - as Howard said just not enough but what can I say hopefully the quality of her backcourt tennis ameliorates to keep compensating for that (...) Still a huge margin for progress and that was a very good tournament.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #4284
country flag Spiritof42

There's absolutely no question in my mind that her serve is really holding her back - looking at the stats, it's been her Achilles heel all week. I think her first serve often looks like a second serve, and her second serve actually looks like a "third" serve. It just sits up really nicely (especially on this kind of surface), often near the middle of the box... Even an amateur hack like me would have had no trouble attacking it back in my tennis-playing days.

Vika is of course aware of this. Since she wants to hit as few second serves as possible, she plays it safe on the first, which doesn't really work against the best players. Once Vika gets on the defensive against an agressive baseliner with superior athletic skills like Clijsters, it's just really hard for her to turn the rally around, so when she doesn't get a good serve in she usually ends up losing the point, except when Clijsters hits an error. I'm pretty sure the majority of Vika's 11 winners were hit during her return games.
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #4285
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

well I'm not really dissapointed at least she made the quarters

good luck in Melbourne love
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #4286
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Vika. Clijsters was just playing lights out today (apart from the DFs), she fought very well.
Also I think she's hitting her first serve harder with this changed motion.

Anyway, get ready for Melbourne Victoria. BTW, she pulled out of doubles with Kiri today.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #4287
country flag Spiritof42

Yeah:

Jans/Rosolska (POL/POL) d. Kirilenko/Azarenka (RUS/BLR) w/o (Azarenka: lower back injury)

*cough*

Looks like Vika wanted to get to Melbourne ASAP.
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #4288
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently(realistically) Vika didnt wanna get burntout before AO She knows her shortcomings Hoping she'll play much better in the AO Gud luck love

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 12th, 2011, 07:06 PM   #4289
country flag bluestorm10

bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold bluestorm10 is a splendid one to behold

Well, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed about this performance. She had so many chances--and she didn't take them at all. A lot of times I remember she had an easy put away shot but either she hit it right at Kim or she tried to hit one in a good position away from where Kim could reach but it wasn't hit properly so it just kinda floated in. Easy for Kim. More frustrating at 4 am though as I stayed up to watch it. Today I can take comfort in the fact that even if Kim was playing awesome, and her not so much, Vika kept fighting through it.
bluestorm10 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 13th, 2011, 01:43 AM   #4290
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Vika

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread