ITA tennis rankings published next week, what do the TF experts say - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 21st, 2010, 04:27 AM   #121
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ITA tennis rankings published next week, what do the TF experts say

what's the individual ranking cut-line for NCAA? 64th?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2010, 04:57 AM   #122
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

thanks.

then these are the players in danger of not playing singles...who participated last year;

61 Ormond
62 Boxx
70 McKenna (last season Riviera champ)
71 Scharle
75 Boonstra (last season UF #1 & defeated Barte to advance to elite 8 )
97 Heinser
106 Marks (Pac-10 runner-up and defeated Chifchieva at NCAA)
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Apr 21st, 2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 05:03 AM   #123
country flag fantic

I especially cannot understand how Boonstra's ranking is STILL so low. She started #6, I believe.

ok she lost to Metzger and Hickey, which IS terrible, but that's all. She even defeated Zsilinszka.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 08:16 AM   #124
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Question for Gouci... who's not going to make the tourney? You so many locks and maybes...who's out (barring a tourney title)
I project every team ranked outside the top 48 on 4/20 to be out with the exception of #52 Purdue.

- So I've eliminated #49 FIU from an at-large but they are still favored to win the Sun Belt auto bid.

- Purdue has a long shot at an at-large. They would have to sweep still on the schedule #28 Iowa, #66 Minnesota as well as getting another top 45 win in the Big 10 Tournament.

- Speaking of Minnesota they've lost 6 of their last 7 and will probably also lose their final two. When I 1st proclaimed Long Beach St. a lock Minnesota was in the mid 50's but will probably end the year sliding to the 70's. So at-large contenders with a win over Minnesota like Long Beach St. and Indiana will probably get pulled down by Minnesota more than I originally projected.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 05:29 PM   #125
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
LB, presently the last team in as at large, could also get a slight bump from SDSU beating USD on Monday (not factored in this weeks rankings) but that full effect will take two spins (SDSU will move from 75 to about 70 this week; then LB gets a slight bump post tourney in the final spins).
1. Form you are wrong. LBS will not get a delayed rankings boost from San Diego St. beating San Diego.

- Ex. Nebraska upset Texas A&M last week. This week Nebraska's ranking increased from #49 to #40. Next week LBS will get a delayed rankings boost from Nebraska's ranking increase this week.

- SDSU upset USD on Monday. This week SDSU's ranking went from #75 to #75. SDSU's ranking didn't change even after the USD win was already accounted for. Next week LBS will not get a delayed rankings boost from SDSU beating USD because SDSU's ranking remained the same.

2. San Diego State did beat ranked San Diego but in the same period SDSU lost to Wyoming.
Those 2 results probably canceled each other out resulting in SDSU's ranking to remain the same.

3. What will boost SDSU's ranking next week is TCU.

- TCU defeated ranked UCI 2 weeks ago but the results were not entered into the ITA website. So last week when TCU should have been ranked they were not. After last week's ranking came out the error was caught and the results were entered. So this week TCU gets ranked at #67.

- Last week TCU was not ranked but ranked #67 this week. This will increase SDSU's ranking next week. That in turn will increase both UCI's and LBS's ranking via delay 2 weeks from now. Then UCI's ranking increase will give LBS another slight computer points boost 3 cycles from now.

- Form I needed to point out that you were wrong because you'll see SDSU's ranking improve next week and think you were right.
In reality SDSU's increase comes from TCU and not USD.
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 05:55 PM   #126
country flag gouci

Quote:
But otherwise yes the anchor has been thrown again thanks to losses to St Marys and blowing it vs Pepperdine (had match won). My estimation is LB must beat Cal Poly in semi's (the toughest match of tourney) to get in at large range. Which of course would also make them favorite to win tourney and automatic bid anyway.

Ultimately, one team from Big West yet again. My prediction.
1. Form I don't think you've played all the way through what happens if Long Beach St. loses to Cal Poly. LBS is in a win-win situation.

- If Cal Poly upsets LBS than Cal Poly's ranking will jump up which in turn will pull LBS's ranking up too.

- Then whomever wins the Big West Tourney among Cal Poly, UCI or UCSB will get another rankings boost for a good win in the finals. Since LBS has wins over all 3 teams, LBS's ranking will get pulled up slightly again regardless of who wins the Big West title in that scenario.

2. The WCC tourney will be interesting to follow.

- If St. Mary's beats Pepperdine for the title that will give them a rankings boost. By domino effect SDSU's ranking will rise up also pulling up with it UCI and LBS.

- If Pepperdine beats St. Mary's for the title that will give them a rankings boost which might just be enough to help USC edge out Florida St. for the last regional hosting spot.
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 06:16 PM   #127
country flag gouci

Quote:
Likewise, I don't believe Pepp winning would be valuable enough to nudge USC forward enough while FSU will be gaining some points just because the SEC does have a 'team' tourney.
Wrong again old 49er!
Florida State is in the ACC not SEC.

FSU plays Duke in the ACC tourney quarter-finals so probably no gain for FSU there.
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 06:37 PM   #128
country flag gouci

Quote:
SDSU has not yet gotten the mini bump for beating USD... read the ranking rules please...
If that's the case than SDSU should get a double bump up from both USD and TCU.

Quote:
And for the 1000 time... losses have almost zero impact... you GAIN points with wins
Yeah I think I was the one who told you this concept a year ago when UCI lost to San Francisco!

Losses have almost zero impact is true. But from my past observations the exception is once the L's reaches double digits, like with SDSU's 10th loss, they somehow have more of an impact.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 22nd, 2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 05:11 AM   #129
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
If Pepperdine beats St. Mary's for the title that will give them a rankings boost which might just be enough to help USC edge out Florida St. for the last regional hosting spot.
How do you guys do these ranking things

And I sure hope you're right Pepperdine FTW
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 05:35 AM   #130
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
How do you guys do these ranking things

And I sure hope you're right Pepperdine FTW
uh uh GO GAELS!!!

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 05:54 AM   #131
country flag fantic

WHAT....are you rooting for any specific player?
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 07:48 AM   #132

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
WHAT....are you rooting for any specific player?
I am really good friends with a player on there hahaha...I would love to see SMC beat Pepp again

Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 12:10 PM   #133
country flag fantic

Nah..Pepp doubles won't make the same mistake again And Pepp hc was kind to me at SW Regional, and I've been to some of their matches

last year, apart from getting a free pizza and t-shirt, so. Go WAVES! Too bad the WCC championship is on the same date with Ojai this time..loved it

last year.. too bad I'm gonna miss Heinser play, was looking forward to Heinser vs Colffer vs Coupez vs Poorta
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 08:09 PM   #134
country flag USTennisfan

USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light

And the "little Engine that could", couldn't as Miami lost 4-3 to Georgia Tech in the ACC Quarterfinals
USTennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2010, 08:22 PM   #135

Beat me to it

UM was up 3-1 and it went down to 3 singles..UM was up in that match 4-2 and 5-4 next time I checked

#20 Georgia Tech def. #11 University of Miami

1. #1 Irina Falconi (GT) def. #8 Laura Vallverdu (UM) 6-2,6-3
2. #31 Bianca Eichkorn (UM) def. Viet Ha Ngo (GT) 6-0,6-1
3. Sasha Krupina (GT) def. #84 Anna Bartenstein 7-5,2-6,7-6
4. Lynn Blau (GT) def. Danielle Mills (UM) 6-3,7-6
5. Elizabeth Kilborn (GT) def. #87 Gabriela Mejia 7-5,1-6,6-3
6. Claudia Wasilweski (UM) def. Hillary Davis (GT) 6-3,6-4

1. #7 Laura Vallverdu/Gabriela Mejia (UM) def. #21 Irina Falconi/Sasha Krupina 8-4
2. #37 Bianca Eichkorn/Anna Bartenstein (UM) def. Lynn Blau/Hillary Davis (GT) 8-4
3. Danielle Mills/Claudia Wasilweski (UM) vs. Elizabeth Kilborn/Viet Ha Ngo (GT) 7-5 DNF