ITA tennis rankings published next week, what do the TF experts say - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2010, 11:33 PM   #151
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future
Re: ITA tennis rankings published next week, what do the TF experts say

She should have maintained her amateur status longer and then made a more substantiated decision after more pro experience. I'm sure now she really regrets turning pro at that time.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 02:42 AM   #152
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboyle View Post
Okay fair...but I want Mal back. I'm so hurt that we lost to effing CAROLINA twice in one season I can't tell you...Seriously...Shinann Featherson is actually obese, I felt like chanting the 1800-Jenny Craig number during her match, Katrina Tseng was a 2 star coming out of high school and sounds like she's constipated every time she hits the ball, Sanaz Marand doesn't have a backhand and is a raging b*tch to fans, and their number three girl looks like one of the Ivan brothers from the Capital One commercial. I've never seen a bigger bunch of misfits.
oh dear
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 03:08 AM   #153
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

I'm waiting for your post Amalgamate!
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 03:16 AM   #154
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
I'm waiting for your post Amalgamate!
How did you know I was writing a post? And what are you referring to? I spent so long on it -- too long!-- that when I went to post, I was logged out Give me a few minutes to regroup, and I will respond.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 03:17 AM   #155
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

mboyle - your stock here just went to zero for me. while you are full of insights and information that are interesting.....your 'more than' personal attacks on players aren't appreciated.

of course there is a rivalry with duke and north carolina.....but that still doesn't give you the right to attack others personally.

at yet, you refer to jesus and God in your sign-off.....how very ironic.......
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 03:44 AM   #156
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Okay fair...but I want Mal back. I'm so hurt that we lost to effing CAROLINA twice in one season I can't tell you...Seriously...Shinann Featherson is actually obese, I felt like chanting the 1800-Jenny Craig number during her match, Katrina Tseng was a 2 star coming out of high school and sounds like she's constipated every time she hits the ball, Sanaz Marand doesn't have a backhand and is a raging b*tch to fans, and their number three girl looks like one of the Ivan brothers from the Capital One commercial. I've never seen a bigger bunch of misfits.
Your comments are incredibly tasteless. But actions always speak louder than words.... Your good friend God knows that!

Feb. 14, 2010
No. 11 North Carolina 4, No. 1 Duke 3
1. #6 Sanaz Marand/Sophie Grabinski (UNC) def. Ellah Nze/Amanda Granson (DU), 8-6
2. #22 Katrina Tsang/Shinann Featherston (UNC) def. Reka Zsilinszka/Elizabeth Plotkin (DU), 8-3 2 star and Jenny Craig annihilate two of Duke's stars?
3. Monica Gorny/Jessica Stiles (DU) def. Jocelyn Ffriend/Haley Hemm (UNC), 9-8 (4)
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1

Singles
1. #100 Katrina Tsang (UNC) def. #20 Reka Zsilinszka (DU), 6-2, 6-1 Constipated 2 star crushes former blue chip, #3 in her graduating class, and moon ball queen!
2. #25 Sanaz Marand (UNC) def. #91 Ellah Nze (DU), 7-6, 4-6, 6-4 Bitch with no backhand for the win!
3. Elizabeth Plotkin (DU) def. Jelena Durisic (UNC), 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
4. Zoe De Bruycker (UNC) def. #80 Amanda Granson (DU), 6-4, 7-6 Freshman beats seasoned senior
5. #63 Monica Gorny (DU) def. Sophie Grabinski (UNC), 6-4, 6-0
6. Mary Clayton (DU) def. Shinann Featherston (UNC), 7-6, 7-6
Order of finish: 1, 5, 4, 6, 3, 2

April 7, 2010
No. 2 North Carolina 4, No. 7 Duke 3
Doubles
1. #11 Sophie Grabinski/Sanaz Marand (UNC) def. #42 Amanda Granson/Ellah Nze (DU) 8-3
2. Monica Gorny/Mary Clayton (DU) def. #27 Katrina Tsang/Shinann Featherston (UNC) 9-7
3. #58 Reka Zsilinszka/Elizabeth Plotkin (DU) def. Jocelyn Ffriend/Haley Hemm (UNC) 8-5
Order of finish: 3, 1, 2

Singles
1. #32 Sanaz Marand (UNC) def. #40 Ellah Nze (DU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 No backhand bitch wins again!
2. #51 Katrina Tsang (UNC) def. #62 Elizabeth Plotkin (DU) 2-6, 6-2, 6-2 2 star defeats the loved Plotkin
3. #39 Reka Zsilinszka (DU) def. Jelena Durisic (UNC) 6-4, 6-4
4. Amanda Granson (DU) def. #118 Sophie Grabinski (UNC) 7-5, 6-4
5. Shinann Featherston (UNC) def. Monica Gorny (DU) 6-2, 4-6, 7-5 Jenny Craig wins 7-5 in the 3rd? She didn't keel over after the second set? Wow!
6. Gina Suarez-Malaguti (UNC) def. Mary Clayton (DU) 6-2, 6-1 Ouch little Clayton.
Order of finish: 6, 3, 4, 2, 5, 1*

April 23, 2010
#14 Florida State University 4, #10 Duke 2

The next day...

April 24, 2010
No. 1 North Carolina 4, No. 14 Florida State University 0

Duke (19-7, 7-5 ACC)
UNC (26-3, 13-0 ACC)

Misfits

"And to my fellow believers on this board, keep up the good fight."
- PREACH IT mboyle! AMEN!

Old Apr 25th, 2010, 05:10 AM   #157
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Quote:
So tell us what you really think.
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 05:23 AM   #158
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
mboyle - your stock here just went to zero for me. while you are full of insights and information that are interesting.....your 'more than' personal attacks on players aren't appreciated.

of course there is a rivalry with duke and north carolina.....but that still doesn't give you the right to attack others personally.

at yet, you refer to jesus and God in your sign-off.....how very ironic.......
Do yall go to college? I mean people say way worse things than this. I mean, Sanaz said worse things than that to the fans in the stand during her match, so...especially between Duke and Carolina. It's like...part of the culture. But since people apparently don't understand that, I deleted my post. I apologize for offending you all. I just was poking fun at Carolina's team, seeing as they are our rivals...
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 05:33 AM   #159
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Well I understood, I think it's part of the fun of rivalry Hope everybody didn't take it too seriously

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 05:36 AM   #160
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
Do yall go to college? I mean people say way worse things than this. I mean, Sanaz said worse things than that to the fans in the stand during her match, so...especially between Duke and Carolina. It's like...part of the culture. But since people apparently don't understand that, I deleted my post. I apologize for offending you all. I just was poking fun at Carolina's team, seeing as they are our rivals...
Poking fun and being downright nasty (keep those things to your fellow devils) are two very different things.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 05:38 AM   #161
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
Your comments are incredibly tasteless. But actions always speak louder than words.... Your good friend God knows that!

Feb. 14, 2010
No. 11 North Carolina 4, No. 1 Duke 3
1. #6 Sanaz Marand/Sophie Grabinski (UNC) def. Ellah Nze/Amanda Granson (DU), 8-6
2. #22 Katrina Tsang/Shinann Featherston (UNC) def. Reka Zsilinszka/Elizabeth Plotkin (DU), 8-3 2 star and Jenny Craig annihilate two of Duke's stars?
3. Monica Gorny/Jessica Stiles (DU) def. Jocelyn Ffriend/Haley Hemm (UNC), 9-8 (4)
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1

Singles
1. #100 Katrina Tsang (UNC) def. #20 Reka Zsilinszka (DU), 6-2, 6-1 Constipated 2 star crushes former blue chip, #3 in her graduating class, and moon ball queen!
2. #25 Sanaz Marand (UNC) def. #91 Ellah Nze (DU), 7-6, 4-6, 6-4 Bitch with no backhand for the win!
3. Elizabeth Plotkin (DU) def. Jelena Durisic (UNC), 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
4. Zoe De Bruycker (UNC) def. #80 Amanda Granson (DU), 6-4, 7-6 Freshman beats seasoned senior
5. #63 Monica Gorny (DU) def. Sophie Grabinski (UNC), 6-4, 6-0
6. Mary Clayton (DU) def. Shinann Featherston (UNC), 7-6, 7-6
Order of finish: 1, 5, 4, 6, 3, 2

April 7, 2010
No. 2 North Carolina 4, No. 7 Duke 3
Doubles
1. #11 Sophie Grabinski/Sanaz Marand (UNC) def. #42 Amanda Granson/Ellah Nze (DU) 8-3
2. Monica Gorny/Mary Clayton (DU) def. #27 Katrina Tsang/Shinann Featherston (UNC) 9-7
3. #58 Reka Zsilinszka/Elizabeth Plotkin (DU) def. Jocelyn Ffriend/Haley Hemm (UNC) 8-5
Order of finish: 3, 1, 2

Singles
1. #32 Sanaz Marand (UNC) def. #40 Ellah Nze (DU) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 No backhand bitch wins again!
2. #51 Katrina Tsang (UNC) def. #62 Elizabeth Plotkin (DU) 2-6, 6-2, 6-2 2 star defeats the loved Plotkin
3. #39 Reka Zsilinszka (DU) def. Jelena Durisic (UNC) 6-4, 6-4
4. Amanda Granson (DU) def. #118 Sophie Grabinski (UNC) 7-5, 6-4
5. Shinann Featherston (UNC) def. Monica Gorny (DU) 6-2, 4-6, 7-5 Jenny Craig wins 7-5 in the 3rd? She didn't keel over after the second set? Wow!
6. Gina Suarez-Malaguti (UNC) def. Mary Clayton (DU) 6-2, 6-1 Ouch little Clayton.
Order of finish: 6, 3, 4, 2, 5, 1*

April 23, 2010
#14 Florida State University 4, #10 Duke 2

The next day...

April 24, 2010
No. 1 North Carolina 4, No. 14 Florida State University 0

Duke (19-7, 7-5 ACC)
UNC (26-3, 13-0 ACC)

Misfits

"And to my fellow believers on this board, keep up the good fight."
- PREACH IT mboyle! AMEN!

I mean I'm well aware of the matches...I was at the second one. Liz Plotkin, by the way, injured her wrist after the first set, which is the only reason she lost. Also, Gorny was up 0-30 in the 5-5 game and then lost eight of the next ten points. Duke overall was up 3-1 with three matches in the third set, and we lost all three of them. Again, I'm pretty shocked at how people reacted though. The University Store sells t-shirts that read "Go to Hell Carolina" and we tell each of the players on the Carolina basketball team to eat sh*t when they come to Cameron as part of our chant. We get cheer sheets that instruct us to make personal attacks against the other team, like when Tennessee Lady Vols came we were instructed to chant "Wal Mart" and to throw Wal-Mart bags on court because one of their players had been caught shop lifting from Wal Mart three years before. It's nothing personal as in like if I saw them on the street. But obviously when they suit up in Carolina blue they become our rivals, and we want to beat our rivals. It's one thing when they are actually better and deserve to win, but it hurts when they have clear issues with their games and win anyway because they are better fighters. Perhaps you should read "To Hate Like This is to be Happy Forever". I think it's hard to comprehend the Duke-Carolina rivalry if you aren't part of it, and maybe I forget that sometimes since I am part of it, so I'm sorry, but I definitely wasn't like...hating the individuals. Like obviously if we were on the street I'd help them in a heartbeat if they needed something, but when they suit up, they represent UNC, which is Duke's rival, and half the fun of sports is hating your rival...
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 05:54 AM   #162
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
I mean I'm well aware of the matches...I was at the second one. Liz Plotkin, by the way, injured her wrist after the first set, which is the only reason she lost. Also, Gorny was up 0-30 in the 5-5 game and then lost eight of the next ten points. Duke overall was up 3-1 with three matches in the third set, and we lost all three of them. Again, I'm pretty shocked at how people reacted though. The University Store sells t-shirts that read "Go to Hell Carolina" and we tell each of the players on the Carolina basketball team to eat sh*t when they come to Cameron as part of our chant. We get cheer sheets that instruct us to make personal attacks against the other team, like when Tennessee Lady Vols came we were instructed to chant "Wal Mart" and to throw Wal-Mart bags on court because one of their players had been caught shop lifting from Wal Mart three years before. It's nothing personal as in like if I saw them on the street. But obviously when they suit up in Carolina blue they become our rivals, and we want to beat our rivals. It's one thing when they are actually better and deserve to win, but it hurts when they have clear issues with their games and win anyway because they are better fighters. Perhaps you should read "To Hate Like This is to be Happy Forever". I think it's hard to comprehend the Duke-Carolina rivalry if you aren't part of it, and maybe I forget that sometimes since I am part of it, so I'm sorry, but I definitely wasn't like...hating the individuals. Like obviously if we were on the street I'd help them in a heartbeat if they needed something, but when they suit up, they represent UNC, which is Duke's rival, and half the fun of sports is hating your rival...
My brother went to Duke undergrad and Duke for grad school. I comprehend the Duke-Carolina rivalry. I just didn't think the college slurs used when drunkenly shit-talking at a basketball game was appropriate for the forum setting.

1. The whole point of my post was to tell you, look dude, UNC is better this year. Look no further than Florida State.
2. Don't talk about "issues with their games". Reka is on your team. But she is a fighter and that's why she wins. Every UNC player could be a former two star and overweight, but at the end of the day if they beat you guys --which they did-- then damn, they must be scrappier and fight harder.
3. I don't know if you play tennis or really any other sport (and this isn't an insult, I genuinely do not know) but not looking like a misfit has very little to do with winning at the end of the day. You yourself said UNC are fighters. How does that sting? Heart outweighs technique.

Last edited by Amalgamate : Apr 25th, 2010 at 06:01 AM.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #163
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

I've done more than my share to keep the UC Irvine - Long Beach St. rivalry bitter, at least among the fans.

But I don't cross the line into personal attacks.

Be aware there's a different standard what can be said privately in the stands and what can be posted on a public board.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 06:02 AM   #164
country flag Amalgamate

Quote:
I've done more than my share to keep the UC Irvine - Long Beach St. rivalry bitter, at least among the fans.

Be aware there's a different standard what can be said privately in the stands and what can be posted on a public board.
Well, you can just delete all my posts now.
Old Apr 25th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #165
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

gouci I LOVE you and form bitching each other

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote