Tournaments 2009~2010 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #76
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laguna Niguel Women's Wild Card Event

Draw is out!

1st group is loaded; Nelson(1), Blakely, Guillermo, Koehly, Santamaria(8), Boren, Hance..

2nd group has; Sullivan(4), J. Smith, Tang, Heneghan, G-T(6), Watrous, Spearman, Edell

3rd group; A. Smith, Scandalis(7), Generette, Profit, King(3)

4th group; Jones, Herring(Stanford bound), Hardebeck(5), Lumpkin(2) (Peri has a bye in the 1st round? )

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 24th, 2010 at 05:02 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 02:03 AM   #77
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Draw is out!

1st group is loaded; Nelson, Blakely, Guillermo, Koehly, Santamaria, Boren, Hance..

2nd group has; Sullivan(4), J. Smith, Tang, Heneghan, G-T, Watrous, Spearman, Edell

3rd group; A. Smith, Scandalis(7), Generette, Profit, King(3)

4th group; Jones, Herring(Stanford bound), Hardebeck(5), Lumpkin(2) (Peri has bye in the 1st round? )
my elite 8 prediction is;

Nelson, SS, difficult(dunno Sullivan, & Smith, Tang, Heneghan are all good), G-T ?,
Smith(Scandalis?), Generette(King?), Hardebeck, Lumpkin

I predict Nelson vs Hardebeck final

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #78
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Re: 59th Annual Gene Jung Whittier Midwinter Jr Tournament

Q (2) Alyssa Smith d. (17) Zoe Katz 6-0; 6-2
Q (9) Manon Peri d. (6) Sivan Krems 1-6; 6-3; 6-3
Q (17) Kiah Generette d. (5) Yuki Chiang 6-3; 6-0 I knew Generette was dangerous but this is quite an upset
Q (9) Savannah Ware d. (1) Mayo Hibi 7-5; 6-4 way to go Savannah! back to blue chip!
Her father, with Tang's father, was SO civilized (unlike some others ) and nice to me, I'm rooting for Ware all the way, even if she goes to UCLA

SF (2) Lorraine Guillermo d. Alexandra Tallas 6-0; 6-1 I like Tallas's form, a bit one-sided, I guess
SF (9) Ashley Dai d. (1) Lacey Smyth 7-6(5); 6-3 Smyth you lost your chance of revenge

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 03:06 AM   #79
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Re: 59th Annual Gene Jung Whittier Midwinter Jr Tournament

G 18 Guillermo won as expected, but Dai put up a helluva fight, it seems.

G 16 Smith won, Generette having withdrawn.

the most surprising player is Peri, who have beaten B-T & Krems and lost in
a 3-setter against Smith. Didn't know my NOT being there would be THAT
'beneficial' to her too bad I'm going to watch Laguna Niguel wild card, since
it's an WO, not girl's tennis

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #80
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

I'm afraid I won't be 'reporting' from there anymore, since I was 'kindly' ejected by Mark Spearman.
His abrupt and short answer, when I asked was, 'Players feel uncomfortable' Like I actually did any disturbing action
Beware, fans are simply NOT allowed to watch girls tennis, it's THAT exclusive.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 04:34 AM   #81
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

If you were at the Laguna Niguel Racquet Club maybe you should have looked for Jennifer Lyons who's a pro there and played for Long Beach St. Talk to her about how you watched LBS play at USC recently and how you were impressed with some of the players like Dallara on this year's 49er team. Then Mrs. Lyons may think you're not such a bad guy and put in a good word for you with Mr. Spearman.

Also make it known to all the junior players you're a big USC fan and if they decide to play tennis at USC you'll come watch most of their home SC matches.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 05:19 AM   #82
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Re: Tournaments 2009~2010

nah, I just give up. Obviously I'm blacklisted Mr. S was MOST imposing. I'm now scared to go there
And I didn't know LN was THAT far -_-;;; So good riddance.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 06:48 AM   #83
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Re: Rancho Mirage 25k wild card tourney

Brynn Boren, who is going to be Lady Vols (from tennisrecruiting.net) had a VERY impressive game against Coco Vandeweghe. She could defend AND attack against V, most impressive. A tight 3 setter loss, I believe. She can be a starter for lady Vols right away.
Also Cako won against Montez, didn't see much 'cause had to do 'duty' watching former Trojan Nelson battle Spears

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 3rd, 2010, 01:42 AM   #84
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

today's player; Desirae Krawczyk

she and Coco won against the #3 seed.

K, a local product, proved that her fabulous skills (mainly slice & drop shots) could be

effective at pro-level. She even made the match winning winner

She might turn pro, but if she goes to college, she should come to USC

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 02:23 AM   #85
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

today was an autograph day! starting from Litvak, I approached as many players as possible and got loads.

had some silly moments, since I don't know much about pro players;

1. asked someone for an autograph and she said, 'I'm not a player!'

2. asked a player 'are you a player?'

Asked Julia Cohen's mother? about UM but she said she don't know.

Anyway Cohen seemed so forbidding I couldn't dare approach

Cako won against Dolehide, and Couts vs Cohen was a classic offense vs defense, like Mosolova vs Zsilinszka

in the last NCAA. Couts managed to 'pierce' Cohen's moon balls.

And Tsay won against the 3rd seed, Adamczak

Tsay isn't particularly powerful, but has fluid driving motion and can keep the ball in play.

Also has a nice slice, and tried to approach the net as frequently as possible. Her drives were pretty deep,

too.

Brengle's form looked like Mallory Cecil to me (yeah my reference is always NCAA )

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 02:34 AM   #86
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Washington State came by to watch the other day

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 01:15 AM   #87
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Bisharat, Montez, Hoffpauir played here. Bisharat is also to play quali at Midland, Illinois soon

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 04:08 AM   #88
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Bisharat, Montez, Hoffpauir played here. Bisharat is also to play quali at Midland, Illinois soon
Well that exlains why April does not play doubles for UCI. Not there for the team. Appears to be possibly a one year wonder to finally win a league title.

Which is worse, 20 years olds or a one year wonder with no intention of finishing? Just a hypothetical.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 04:27 AM   #89
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

I don't think April Bisharat wants to make the same mistake Anastasia Dvornikova and Alena Dvornikova of Long Beach St. made by not finishing college and turning pro.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 04:36 AM   #90
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

April mustve struck a deal to go early, but when she want to, goes to pro events and gets them paid for....She has seen this site as well..btw

tennisbuddy12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote