Tournaments 2009~2010 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2010, 07:39 AM   #46
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold
Re: Tournaments 2009~2010

I'm surprised that UCLA picked up Hickey. During her time at Georgia Tech she really wasn't that stellar of a player. An okay bottom of the line-up player but not a super talent.

And everyone seems to have Mosolova's number lately.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #47
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

is your expression this?

"have someone's number informal understand a person's real motives or character and thereby gain some advantage.
have someone's number on it informal (of a bomb, bullet, or other missile) destined to find a specified person as its target."

actually Mosolova struggled at NCAA, also. ALL matches she won in individual tourney were 3 setters , though I cherish the match against Zsilinszka as one of the best matches I've seen last year (Z was on a ROLL in that tourney and M attacking Z's moon ball relentlessly and accurately was just ) She's not especially powerful, just that she keeps the ball in play, so.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #48
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

As for Noelle Hickey, last yr's stats (from GT website)
overall 27-14
Dual 16-8
Conf 9-2
---
#2 3-0
#3 7-6
#4 6-2
---

agst nationally ranked players 8-8
played #3 at NCAA and lost to Andersson in straight sets

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 08:11 PM   #49
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Rancho Mirage 25k wild card tourney

I didn't know that it was being held at nearby Palm Desert Resort

I went there this morning and saw Santamaria and Gaytan-Leach practicing.

I think I saw Lumpkin (former UCLA) too.

Here is the results(I didn't attend the final 9am games, though, because of NCTC)

Draw

Lumpkin
Bye

Thomas
Leyla Sanders ; Sanders won 6-1, 6-3

Wetmore(UCLA)
Santamaria(USC bound, jr) ; S won 6-1, 6-1

Gaytan-Leach
Bye

Marti
Krawczyk ; K won 7-6, 7-5(7-2)

Ferrero
Bursulaya ; F won 2-6, 6-2, 10-7

Boren
Herring(STAN bound, sr) B won 6-0, 6-3

Bye
Perez
-----
Santamaria defeated G-L 6-3, 6-1

Krawczyk defeated Ferrero 6-1, 6-0

Boren bagelled Perez

Today the final 2 players would've been chosen..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #50
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Re: Nctc

Doubles final; STAN won

UCLA started pretty well, S was good as usual and R showed some spectacular offensive and defensive shots, but later they just
crumbled. S's net play wasn't really good at that stage.
Stanford team is not as spectacular as Lady Vols, but they're a pretty solid team. Few errors, and they make the play when needed.

Consolation final Lao/Ramos defeated Hickey/Pantic, it was played simulatneously with the Main Final so couldn't see much action, only caught the last bit.

Yen vs Hickey also had to abandon 'cause of the main doubles final, Hickey was winning, better offense..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 03:32 AM   #51
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Re: Nctc

Barte won against Sanchez, 7-5, 6-2 or something. Barte was of course much quicker, and you all know she's powerful..watching this I naturally thought of last Pac-10 semi, between Barte and Fink.
Sanchez may be offensively better than Fink, but Fink had more steely control, I guess. Fink just doggedly sent the ball to Barte's backhand side, although getting hit winners again and again. And it paid off. (I also think Sanchez isn't particularly a great defender..)
Sanchez 'challenged' Barte's forehand side(if the strategy? was the same as then I guess the execution wasn't that perfect), and Barte responded by hitting sharply, as usual.
Now I wonder what will be Sanchez's next strategy against Barte if they meet again

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 04:33 AM   #52
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

[quote=Tennisace;17115388

And everyone seems to have Mosolova's number lately.[/QUOTE]

I wish USC will put Ramos at #1 when playing aginst NU

And don't forget McKenna, after winning it all at WAATC last year, she's been losing quite

often...(today also lost to Revzina)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #53
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Cal Winter Invite

Everybody's saying that Fresno State will go down big
We can gauge their strength in this tourney, since Cal's lower positions are in veil..also St. Mary's could be interesting. Cal website says that we can watch via video there..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #54
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Michigan INVITE

http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/w-te...011710aaa.html

Chan & Dy rolling on..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #55
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Thanks Fantic for posting the link
2nd_serve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #56
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

don't mention it

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 10:49 PM   #57
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

CAL NIKE INVITE PAGE

http://www.tennisinformation.com/tou.../draw-3-mf.asp

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #58
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Re: Rancho Mirage 25k wild card tourney

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tour...order=Position

ENTRY LIST! Julia Cohen of Miam is competing, Glatch, Riske, Couts, South, Granville,
Moulton-Levy, Muhammed, Weinhold, Dolehide, Gibbs, Harkins, Brodsky, Cako,
Christian, Lumpkin, Boserup, Nelson, Hampton, Fink, Stephens, Tsay, Bisharat, Santamaria..

Who shall I concentrate, there's SO MANY!!

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 20th, 2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 03:27 AM   #59
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Julia Cohen is in the MAIN draw of Rancho Mirage.
She's still in the roster, and I heard that she WILL play in the spring, AND her WTF? ranking is really high, about 205 or something.. .so I'm naturally QUITE curious how she've improved, and if she did get better, and if she comes back, Miami's core lineup is still intact (remember Vallverdu won the Intercollegiate Cons. Singles and Eickhorn defeated Schnack at NCAA and had a good game against Cecil..)..

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 06:51 AM   #60
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice

Vallverdu was NCAA singles runnerup losing in the finals. How are players like Cohen allowed to take time off during the NCAA season to play in Pro tournaments? So many things wrong with the how NCAA does things on what's aloud and was isn't!
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote