Tournaments 2009~2010 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 15th, 2010, 05:46 AM   #31
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tournaments 2009~2010

I found it on ITA's website, sure hope it's right..

2010 National Collegiate Tennis M&W Tom Gorman, tel: 760-202-1331 La Quinta Resort & Club
Classic - Jan 15-17, 2010 tgorman@laquintaresort.com

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 15th, 2010, 03:55 PM   #32
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

okay, the draw is out.
Disappointed that the entry is so...few

Singles

Schnack - Kinstler/Burdette

Lao/Hickey - Barte

Mosolova/Pantic - Yen/Ramos

Remynse/Hansen - Sanchez

Doubles

Barte/Burdette meets the winner of Hickey/Pantic - Kinstler/Sanchez

Remynse/Schnack meets the winner of Lao/Ramos - Hansen/Yen

men's 1st round will begin soon, and after that, women's 1st round

after 12pm,

Men/s 2nd round, and after that, women's 2nd round (MD & Consolation)

and then, Men's & Women's doubles 1st round

that's for today

P.S. I guess Fansler/Pulido are playing at UNLV, then.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 15th, 2010, 04:04 PM   #33
country flag fantic

I'll 'naturally' concentrate on Mosolova's match, since she's the sole 'outsider'

Mosolova;Pantic, Lao/Hickey

Hickey/Pantic vs Kinstler/Sanchez
---
wait..Mosolova vs Ramos possible rematch!!

if Lao wins, she meets with Barte, an interesting matchup

and Remynse(if she wins )vs Sanchez, another rematch
---
3R

Barte-Schnack possible rematch (from WAATC, Barte won)

if Remynse and Mosolova wins, rematch from NCAA (M won)

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 18th, 2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old Jan 15th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #34
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujilover View Post
Want to know whether Tara iyer is still hanging out there in Duke team or has she finished her college.
She graduated in the spring, I believe
tucker1989 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 02:49 AM   #35
country flag fantic

Mosolova ; Pantic

Pantic did pretty well against M, but M was just more consistent.

Hickey; Lao

I think Hickey won, but am not sure.
Lao's slice is as always awesome, but her defense just couldn't overcome Hickey's offense..
H dictated the game with her accurate power drives..

Yen; Ramos

I didn't know Yen's slice was good and did one hand backhand(pretty good, also).
But Ramos was more powerful, altogether better in this game.

Schnack; Burdette

Burdette won. I think B got better, especially her slice was really good, and her net play(volleys) were also really sound.
Maybe it's a 'Doubles' effect? Altogether she seemed more confident and consistent..

Mosolova; Ramos

I think R won again Ramos was the more powerful of the two. M seemed unable to handle Ramos' power drive..(but didn't Mosolova win against Barte last year?) too much UEs.

Remynse; Sanchez

I think Sanchez also improved..she did everything better, I dare say..I didn't watch the SW R semi, but this time it was pretty one-sided..Remynse also got injured during the match (sprained ankle?) but resumed play

Lao/Ramos vs Hansen/Yen

I think USC won, didn't watch the final moment..

Hickey/Pantic vs Kinstler/Sanchez

I think USC won, but am not sure either it was a even match.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #36
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Thanks for the report fantic
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 02:58 AM   #37
country flag fantic

no problem, just don't be surprised if USC doubles actually all lost (NU uploaded first, I didn't know the score was that one sided against Ramos, she lost 0-6, 1-6. Against Pantic she won 6-2, 3-6, 6-3

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 03:54 AM   #38
country flag fantic

Mosolova is in my opinion a rallying machine. Not especially powerful and fancy, she just grinds out accurately. She has no problem attacking anywhere, she can attack moon balls either forehand or backhand..
but I think her lack of diverse skills such as drop shots and slices (not that she can't, she doesn't use it much) might pose a problem.
Against an aggressive attacker like Ramos, you might need to slow the pace or do something different.
I think M did neither, and the first to be broken-UE- was not Ramos but Mosolova..(what will she do against, like, Gullickson and Juricova? She couldn't overcome them at NCAA, would she repeat the same course when she meets them later?)..compare with Schnack, who showcased her brilliant drop shots and slices to maximum effect and routing Ramos at SW R..

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 17th, 2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #39
country flag fantic

Freeman Memorial Tennis Championships(unlv)

here's the link;

http://unlvrebels.cstv.com/sports/w-...011510aab.html

Julia Metzger (UO) def. Marrit Boonstra (UF) 1-6, 6-4, 6-4

No WAY!

(1) Mallory Burdette (STAN) def. Nadia Abdala (ASU) 6-0, 6-3

Katrina Tsang(UNC) def. (3) Valerie Pulido(USC) 3-6, 6-3, 6-3

(8) Carolyn McVeigh (STAN) def. Julia Metzger (UO) 6-4, 6-3

Man,
Isn't there any UNLV student or something who can report?

Caroline Hitimana (UF) def. Carling Seguso (UCLA) 6-1, 6-4

ASU seems still experimenting, teamed Hein with Abdala and McKenna with James.

(1) Sanaz Marand/Sophie Grabinski (UNC) def. Carling Seguso/Pamela Montez (UCLA) 9-8

(4) Marrit Boonstra/Anastasia Revzina (UF) def. Cristala Andrews/Leyla Entekhai (USC) 8-0

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #40
country flag fantic

NCTC

Eh, I got the result wrong

Lao won against Hickey, and in turn lost to Barte (now when did THAT happen? )

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 10:12 PM   #41
country flag fantic

NCTC 2nd day;

Schnack : Mosolova

BIG match, but the court was pretty far so didn't have an ideal view

So naturally, such is my erudition, dunno who won Their strength were about even, I guess..

Sanchez; Burdette

S won

Barte ; Ramos

Barte was better, more consistent. B won.

USC doubles all lost , so the final would be a much anticipated UCLA;STAN match.

Who's the best doubles team in the West?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #42
country flag fantic

Ramos & Lao combination is exciting to watch, they both possess skills, newcomer Lao showed some awesome touches and reflexes..this team could get better
But of course Remynse;Schnack is one of the best doubles team in the nation, so
Still, I augured, or glimpsed hope, as a USC fan

Ramos/Lao vs Remynse/Schnack, Kinstler/Sanchez vs Burdette/Barte was played alongside(is this term correct? ) and at the further court Mosolova was practicing

I'm quite thankful for Mosolova to come here, she's the sole non California player, and a good one at that

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 01:40 AM   #43
country flag fantic

Schnack ; Mosolova

Schnack is not as aggressive as Ramos, so M had a 'relatively' even game than the one against Ramos, methinks.

Of course Schnack used her signature drop shots effectively from time to time, and M just countered with HER signature razor sharp precision shots so it was ultimately a game decided by UEs, I guess. The player who made fewer UEs won, and I don't know who won
Of other consolation matches,I think Hickey overpowered Kinstler, and of Pantic & Hansen, dunno

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 17th, 2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 05:30 AM   #44
country flag fantic

I was wrong again, (Kinstler defeated Hickey? )

UCLA website;

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/w-t...011610aaa.html

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 17th, 2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 05:35 AM   #45
country flag fantic

Re: Freeman Memorial Tennis Championships(unlv)

UNLV;

Julia Metzger (UO) def. Valeria Pulido (USC) 7-6, 6-0

beating Boonstra and then bagelling Pulido? Metzger is the player to watch.
and Tsang seems to do well there, too.

- Woodrow Wilson