Reality TV show exposes racism in China - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:15 PM   #46
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reality TV show exposes racism in China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuji Shuriken View Post
You must be the dumbest SOB i've come across in quite some time .

Yeah says the guy who likes having BB anal sex.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:16 PM   #47
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliviasmith View Post
the late eartha kitt, singer/actress and her daughter.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:16 PM   #48
country flag woosey

woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh okay. never heard it called that before. thanks.

as for your other question, you can kiss my ass.
never. not in a million years.

why are you so sensitive about your color? you must be very bright. gawd. no different than someone asking if you were dark.

i didn't call you a redbone or yella. so, i don't know why you're all bent out of shape. this is obviously a sore spot with you. don't try to take it out on me.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:16 PM   #49
country flag RFSTB

RFSTB has a brilliant future RFSTB has a brilliant future RFSTB has a brilliant future RFSTB has a brilliant future RFSTB has a brilliant future RFSTB has a brilliant future RFSTB has a brilliant future RFSTB has a brilliant future RFSTB has a brilliant future RFSTB has a brilliant future RFSTB has a brilliant future

She's very beautiful. Maybe those Chinese are just jealous that she can actually sing? They probably all sing like William Hung. Just kidding.

I read somewhere that the darker gene always dominates. I know of an East Indian/White couple whose kids look Indian, a Japanese/Black couple whose kid look black, but my cousin who has blonde hair blue eyes is married to a half-Chinese/half-caucasian and both their kids have blonde hair blue eyes. I should add that all these children are exceptionally beautiful.
RFSTB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:17 PM   #50
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
I just watched this really long interview, and she said she has no interest in finding her dad. She thinks it's pointless, because even though the blood relations are there, he's pretty much a stranger in her life and she is contented to have her mom and her friends who she actually have strong personal relationships with. When pressed on what her notion of dad is, she says that her mom plays both the roles of mom and dad anyway. There's nothing a dad can teach that her mom hasn't taught her.

Also she poked fun at America in the interview. There was this fake posting made in her name on the net, where she apparently said "My dad is not African; he's American!" And she said of the posting: that's silly. (Why would anyone say that like it's a better thing?) We China are America's biggest creditors.

This is the interview, for those who can understand Mandarin:
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTE5MTA0MTA0.html

She comes across as very put together and level-headed.
Oh well , I'm a sucker for happy endings Then again she has a right to her choice.
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:18 PM   #51
country flag woosey

woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowwow View Post
it's the truth.

she had a black baby out of wedlock from a random black guy, in a country where there are no blacks and where being black ain't that great a thing.

she could have easily given this girl up.

so yes, kudos to her for keeping her baby. women in less challenging situations have given their children up for "lesser" reasons.

Last edited by woosey : Dec 22nd, 2009 at 08:29 PM.
woosey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:21 PM   #52
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe i am wrong but the gene for black hair is dominant over that for blonde hair. The allele for blonde hair is recessive. So a half black kid will have dark hair.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:24 PM   #53
country flag Infiniti2001
Veelieve!!!

Infiniti2001 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoy. View Post
Maybe i am wrong but the gene for black hair is dominant over that for blonde hair. The allele for blonde hair is recessive. So a half black kid will have dark hair.
Not all the time
Infiniti2001 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:27 PM   #54
LeRoy.

Again, i maybe wrong but I can see how someone who is quarter black will have blonde hair but half black ? by the two gene model that i was taught its not possible.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:28 PM   #55
country flag woosey

Quote:
what i mean is that I've seen quite a few biracial (half-black/half-?)that you would never guess they are because they don't have even a hint of "black feautures" whatsoever. I don't post pictures or I would post one of a friend of mine as a perfect example. maybe i'll PM it to you. jennifer beals and wenthworth miller are others.
Quote:
Oh yeah...I only recently found out about Jennifer being half black. I would have never guessed.
Also Paula Abdul (for example) always looked more Middle Eastern to me.
Now I also remember that kid, tennis prodigy(forgot his name)...mother is Swedish, father black American. His hair was blond(ish) as I can remember.
Quote:
Jan Silva. his mother is Finnish.

Also

so yeah, that's what I meant.
Quote:
Quote:
He can't be half-black.
the way you talk, it makes it seem like describing yourself as black is a precise definition.

obviously, most blacks in the americas have various degrees of mixture in them. yet, in the u.s., at least, we call them black. but it is an imprecisise (though useful) way of describing someone.

it should not be surprising that eartha kitt's daughter could turn out the way she does because eartha probably already has some level of mixture in her - she was light. and if her father was northern european in origin, it's not shocking (or surprising) at all that she would turn out the way she looks.

if i had a kid with a spaniard (who looked like nadal) she/he would probably be darker and look blacker than if i got with a norwegian.

so, i always chuckle when someone with a black american parent is said to be half black as if calling yourself black means you're pure. it doesn't mean that at all.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:29 PM   #56
country flag woosey

Quote:
genes are funny things.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:30 PM   #57
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosey View Post
never. not in a million years.

why are you so sensitive about your color? you must be very bright. gawd. no different than someone asking if you were dark.

i didn't call you a redbone or yella. so, i don't know why you're all bent out of shape. this is obviously a sore spot with you. don't try to take it out on me.
OMG...I am so sorry! I thought you meant bright as in smart,etc. i thought that you were trying to insult me. plese forgive me i misunderstood.

in answer to your question, i'm actually mixed-race myself and yes, i'm bright (in the context that you're asking) not light bright damn near...." though. why do you ask?
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM   #58
country flag woosey

Quote:
OMG...I am so sorry! I thought you meant bright as in smart,etc. i thought that you were trying to insult me. plese forgive me i misunderstood.

in answer to your question, i'm actually mixed-race myself and yes, i'm bright (in the context that you're asking) not light bright damn near...." though. why do you ask?
no oliviasmith. i know you're a clever boy/girl - haha i can't tell which you are and you're kinda coy about revealing that...

well, just your response when talking about not being able to always tell. i figured you were very light - you i think said you were nigerian and swedish.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:34 PM   #59
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it's the truth.

she had a black baby out of wedlock from a random black guy, in a country where there are no blacks and where being black ain't that great a thing.

she could have easily given this girl up.

so yes, kudos to her for keeping. women in less challenging situations have given their children up for "lesser" reasons.
And what do you know exactly about raising a biracial child in China?
Also...how can you claim that the women who gave up their children did it for "lesser" reasons?

You are very judgmental.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 08:38 PM   #60
WowWow
mhmmm

Quote:

so, i always chuckle when someone with a black american parent is said to be half black as if calling yourself black means you're pure. it doesn't mean that at all.
OMG! I can't believe I'm reading this. Is being "pure" black some elite club that half-black people are not allowed to enter?