Since this exhibition is aimed towards helping all the participants with their techniques, it will be primarily based on the stages in which you make a simple graphic like an Avatar. For example, you start with cropping the picture, then you sharpen it, colour it, use textures, text, brushes etc.
- We will give you a picture which you will just have to crop and sharpen/blur. Voters will vote for it based on how much they like the crop+ how well you have sharpened it. Over sharpen and it gets pixelated, don’t sharpen enough, and it will lose details
You can also blur the background to make the main image stand out.
- We will give you a picture which you will just have to colour. Colouring it helps you to bring out certain details in a picture and make it more aesthetically pleasing.
- You will be judged on how well you use textures on a given picture. Choosing the right textures is difficult, but using it properly in a graphic is even harder. You need to erase the proper spots, need to blur, sharpen, saturate, desturate certain parts to make the picture look better.
- TYPOGRAPHY! Text can make or break a graphic. Its very difficult to choose the right font, use the proper settings and layer effects. Text is mostly the focus of a graphic but in certain cases its a supplement for the main image. You need to work with it properly to emphasize it.
- You will combine all the techniques used in the previous rounds to make a proper graphic.
Other details -
This tournament will have s slightly similar format as the "Colour by Numbers Exhibition" from last year.
- You will be split into two groups
- Both groups will have the same tasks, with different pictures
- When tasks are released, you will have a 36 hour deadline
- Group 1 will send their finished graphics to Enia, while Group 2 will send their finished graphics to reetard
- Voters will rate the graphics, with 9 being the highest score and 1 being lowest
- There will be no elimination, everyone will get to play all the rounds. The player who has got the most points at the end of the tournament will win