Bepa's new coach - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 29th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #31
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bepa's new coach

Quote:
- Каким видите итог вашей совместной работы?

- Конечная оценка любой работы - результат. А вот каким путем он достигается, уже зависит от многих компонентов. Мы и в техническом плане изменяли ее игру, и в тактике прибавляли. Самый яркий пример - недавняя встреча с Сарой Эррани в рамках Кубка федерации. Мне очень понравилось, как играла Вера. Хотя, конечно, в этом может быть и заслуга Карена, проработавшего с ней к тому времени уже пару недель, но я в этом сильно сомневаюсь. Смотреть на ее игру в том поединке с Эррани было приятно. Звонарева действовала агрессивно, доминировала на корте, неоднократно выходила к сетке. Причем это не был предел возможностей Веры, она может действовать еще лучше.
Sergey wanted her to be more aggressive, I hope that's not what Vera disagreed with. I don't want her to go back to being a pusher like AO!

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 29th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #32
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean. View Post
Sergey wanted her to be more aggressive, I hope that's not what Vera disagreed with. I don't want her to go back to being a pusher like AO!
Frankly, I don't think any of this has anything to do with Sergey's coaching methods. The whole thing sounds to me like a failure of communication, followed by Vera wanting Sergey to go along with what she wanted without any consultation, followed by Sergey refusing, followed by both of them refusing to back down. If Vera had wanted him fired, she would have just fired him. It's not like she's never fired a coach before.

"I wanted to add another point of view to my coaching" is not the same thing as "my last coach was doing something I didn't like". And "you should discuss changes with me before you make them" is not the same thing as "my ego is too big to accommodate new team members".
JELENA JANKOVIC: A little bit. I don't want to speak French. I don't want to do anything. I am not in the mood now.
redsonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #33
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe, but he says:

Quote:
Инициатива привлечь к работе Карена исходила от Веры. Видимо, она решила внести в свою подготовку что-то новое. Но я был с этим не согласен. У меня свое видение ее игры. Ну а когда в команду пришел новый человек, то уже мне не захотелось брать ответственность за его действия. Перетягивание одеяла на себя до добра не доведет. Поэтому я решил отстраниться, так как в первую очередь не хотел навредить Вере.
'It was Vera's idea to hire Karen. Apparently, she wanted to work with him to bring in something different. I [Sergey] didn't agree with that. I have my own view of the game. I didn't want to take responsibility for her new coaches actions or fight for leadership. So I decided to step aside, so as not to hurt Vera.'

Quote:
Мы и в техническом плане изменяли ее игру, и в тактике прибавляли. Самый яркий пример - недавняя встреча с Сарой Эррани в рамках Кубка федерации. Мне очень понравилось, как играла Вера. Хотя, конечно, в этом может быть и заслуга Карена, проработавшего с ней к тому времени уже пару недель, но я в этом сильно сомневаюсь. Смотреть на ее игру в том поединке с Эррани было приятно. Звонарева действовала агрессивно, доминировала на корте, неоднократно выходила к сетке. Причем это не был предел возможностей Веры, она может действовать еще лучше.
'We [Sergey & Vera] planned to change Vera's game tactically. The most obvious example of this was the recent meeting with Sara Errani in Fed Cup. I really liked how Vera played. Although, of course, this credit for this might be Karen's, who had worked with her for a few weeks at that time, but I strongly doubt it. Watching her play the match against Errani was nice. Zvonareva played aggressively, dominating the court and repeatedly moving into the court. But I don't think even this was her best, he can play ever better.'

It just sounds like he wants her to play aggressive tennis, which I agree with, and that's not the direction he thinks Karen will take.

Old Apr 29th, 2011, 04:25 PM   #34
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

Quote:
It just sounds like he wants her to play aggressive tennis, which I agree with, and that's not the direction he thinks Karen will take.
None of that means that she disagrees with the idea of playing aggressively. Wanting a second opinion does not mean that you think the first opinion is wrong. I speak Russian and I've read all these articles, and none of them sound like a disagreement about coaching methods, unless you count having more than one coach around as a coaching method. They all sound like Vera forgot to tell Coach #1 that she was hiring a Coach #2, and Coach #1 got offended and walked away.

Now, it might be legitimate to worry about how her game might change with a new coach. But nothing either of them have said points to Vera not liking the way Sergey's been coaching her/disagreeing with his game plan. I say again, if she really didn't like what he'd been doing, she just would have fired him. That is not what happened.

Anyway, I think we're talking at cross-purposes. You're talking about how Karen might coach her. I'm talking about why the split might have happened. I guess I'm just trying to say I don't really think that it's because she thinks she shouldn't be playing the way Sergey wants her to play.
JELENA JANKOVIC: A little bit. I don't want to speak French. I don't want to do anything. I am not in the mood now.

Last edited by redsonja : Apr 29th, 2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #35
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsonja View Post
I speak Russian and I've read all these articles.
Sorry, I didn't realise.

I did read somewhere that she wanted to demote him to hitting partner though, I thought that was significant.

I'm not arguing with you, just discussing. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it. I guess we'll just have to see what happens. If she wins RG, playing aggressive tennis, I will admit I'm wrong.

Old Apr 29th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #36
country flag redsonja

Quote:
I did read somewhere that she wanted to demote him to hitting partner though, I thought that was significant.
He said in his interview that he felt like she wanted him to work with her at Fed Cup more as a hitting partner, and control of the coaching team had already been passed to Karen. That might be true, or it might just be how he was feeling after having "surprise! I brought a new coach home from Miami!" dropped on him. She had said beforehand that she thought they could take turns travelling with her ( Vera, that's the kind of thing you should discuss with both parties involved). So to me, it's kind of impossible to tell what the power structure actually would have been like. Sergey stepped out before it could get that far.

In any case, all we can do is wait and see...
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #37
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

- you don't need hire a full time coach just to "add another point of view".
- possible Vera only saw him as a friend, while Sergey possibly has further/serious coaching ambitions.
- big changes when a player is almost 27... success is doubtful. But i didn't read in anything factual in the interviews, so, we'll see.
- she is silly.
Old Apr 29th, 2011, 07:43 PM   #38
country flag #kArLoS#
Who knows where the time goes

#kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute #kArLoS# has a reputation beyond repute

Well,hopefully this Karen guy will be as sucessful as (hot) Sergey,to say the least...:fingerscrossed:
#kArLoS# is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #39
country flag Noctis
Marcela X

Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute

you dump sergey and now your slumpping, you dumo hot man for a ugly mut
Noctis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #40
country flag NoExit

NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all

Already posted this in the Live Score thread, but seriously, does Vera already have another new coach?? Saw a new guy in the players box in her match at Wimbledon today and one of the commentators said she's now working with Alexey Ageev... so is she already through with Karen Krotov or what?
NoExit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #41
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

She's said it's only temporary and that he's a hitting partner for the grass court season.

Old Jun 20th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #42
country flag NoExit

NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all NoExit is a name known to all

Quote:
She's said it's only temporary and that he's a hitting partner for the grass court season.
Ah... ok. Thanks for that bit of info Sean, appreciate it dude.
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #43
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

^ She has also said things like that in the past though, and then it's turned out things are more formal and long term.

Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 05:14 AM   #44
country flag NoExit

Quote:
^ She has also said things like that in the past though, and then it's turned out things are more formal and long term.
Hey Sean, do you know the name of the other guy in her box? I think he's her physio...
Old Jun 22nd, 2011, 08:14 AM   #45
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Which one?

The one on the right here?