If Steffi Graf played until now(2009)? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 19th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #1
country flag Steffi-fan

Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light
If Steffi Graf played until now(2009)?

My answer,

*She won total 30 grandslams.

*placed at No.1 for atleast another 50 weeks!
Total=377+50=422+

*Won 60 more titles.
Total= 107+60=167

*Placed at no.1 in Forbes' most recognisable and richest tennis players.

*Most earned female athlete in tennis.

*Won total 10 wimbledons (i mean atleast 3 wimbledons)

.....,etc!

and you,

do you agree,
Steffi-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 19th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #2
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation
Re: If Steffi Graf played until now(2009)?

I am sure she prefers baking cookies with her family over tennis titles
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 12:05 PM   #3
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light

I believe she would have won another slam, maybe more. But she's much happier now than when she was playing, so I wouldn't want to see her back in court.
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #4
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

30 GS i am not convinced, 3, 4 why not.
But as Jessyka and Irma said, no remorse, she seems so happy today, and no regrets as she won everything during her active career.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #5
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffi-fan View Post
My answer,

*She won total 30 grandslams.

*placed at No.1 for atleast another 50 weeks!
Total=377+50=422+

*Won 60 more titles.
Total= 107+60=167

*Placed at no.1 in Forbes' most recognisable and richest tennis players.

*Most earned female athlete in tennis.

*Won total 10 wimbledons (i mean atleast 3 wimbledons)

.....,etc!

and you,

do you agree,
You are obviously crazy about Steffi and I would love to agree with you to make you happy. But Graf would not have managed to stay in the top ten in the mid part of the decade.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #6
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
I am sure she prefers baking cookies with her family over tennis titles
And I would rather spend a week with Agassi than a week winning the VS of Chicago!!!!!
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #7
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessyka View Post
I believe she would have won another slam, maybe more. But she's much happier now than when she was playing, so I wouldn't want to see her back in court.
I do agree with you on both counts. I am sure she could have won at least one more Wimbledon.But, far more importantly, she is now a happy mother with lovely kids and a handsome husband she loves. That means far more IMO.
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #8
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
You are obviously crazy about Steffi and I would love to agree with you to make you happy. But Graf would not have managed to stay in the top ten in the mid part of the decade.
Steffi-fan is maybe a little bit TOO enthusiastic, but I can imagine an injury free 33-35 year old Steffi holding on to a top 10 ranking.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #9
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

Well, an injury-free Navratilova stayed in the top ten, and inside the top five to speak the truth, in her middle 30s and beat the Nş 1 player at around 36, among a tremendous field, so I really don't see why Steffi wouldn't have managed to stay among the Top Ten players. The girls are bigger and stronger, but Graf was not a soft pusher of balls and, again injury-free, she would be using last generation rackets to equal the additional power as all current players do, so... I don't mean she would be Nş 1, but her skills both tennis and athletic-like are not now to be seen very often. Go ask Safina, who's been Nş1 and for several weeks
Even though it was an exhibition she looked fine for a 40 years old against Clijsters at Wimbledon, so I guess a 35 year-old Graf would have been a real threat for everyone.
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #10
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Steffi-fan is maybe a little bit TOO enthusiastic, but I can imagine an injury free 33-35 year old Steffi holding on to a top 10 ranking.
Oh yes a totally injury free Graf I totally agree would. It is just that there are very few players of that age who stay injury free so I wasnt viewing it from that perspective.
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #11
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabybackhand View Post
Well, an injury-free Navratilova stayed in the top ten, and inside the top five to speak the truth, in her middle 30s and beat the Nş 1 player at around 36, among a tremendous field, so I really don't see why Steffi wouldn't have managed to stay among the Top Ten players. The girls are bigger and stronger, but Graf was not a soft pusher of balls and, again injury-free, she would be using last generation rackets to equal the additional power as all current players do, so... I don't mean she would be Nş 1, but her skills both tennis and athletic-like are not now to be seen very often. Go ask Safina, who's been Nş1 and for several weeks
Even though it was an exhibition she looked fine for a 40 years old against Clijsters at Wimbledon, so I guess a 35 year-old Graf would have been a real threat for everyone.
I have to agree with you that at Wimbledon this year Graf at times looked the best of all 4 mixed players. I was astonished at some of the tennis she played- it was incredible.
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #12
country flag Jessyka

Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light Jessyka is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
And I would rather spend a week with Agassi than a week winning the VS of Chicago!!!!!
I couldn't agree more!
Old Dec 19th, 2009, 11:15 PM   #13
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Under the old rankings system I can easily see Steffi staying in the top ten with a schedule or 10-12 or so events.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 12:56 AM   #14
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

Quote:
I have to agree with you that at Wimbledon this year Graf at times looked the best of all 4 mixed players. I was astonished at some of the tennis she played- it was incredible.
Me too. Her athleticism at 40 was astonishing, and Clijsters was clearly very well trained as she was preparing for her comeback.
BTW, for a 39 year old she was as athletic as Steffi, but I guess she looked quite fine too; have you checked Sabatini when she played against Martina in Bs As this March? Gorgeous!
Steffi and Gabriela are really aging equally well; another thing they share in their lives
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2009, 01:44 AM   #15
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold

If Steffi's body were to hold up, which I doubt it would have since Agassi writes in his bio that she is still having issues to this day, but if it did, I think Graf had the athleticism and skill that kept Navratilova competitive for so many years. If she had the right mindset, she could have challenged well into her 30's, especially at Wimbledon. I'd give her another crown or two. But I don't think that she would have been happy and that's a huge factor. Who knows. It's fun to think about. God, I miss her. I miss that forehand and, more than anything, that lovely biting slice backhand and the way she just leaned her whole body into it. A thing of beauty...
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote