Marina & The Diamonds - 'How To Be A Heartbreaker' Post #237 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 1st, 2010, 06:55 PM   #61
country flag Living_Legend

Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of
Re: Marina & The Diamonds

Family Jewels has a US release date:

Quote:
Marina & The Diamonds' "THE FAMILY JEWELS" Debuts Top 5 in the UK; Acclaimed Pop Sensation Slates U.S. Release, With NYC Dates and SXSW Showcases Set for Mid-March; "THE AMERICAN JEWELS EP" -- Including Exclusive Passion Pit Remix -- Drops at All Digital Retailers on March 23rd

"THE FAMILY JEWELS" Arrives Everywhere on May 25th

NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - March 1, 2010) - Atlantic Records/Chop Shop has announced the upcoming release of "THE FAMILY JEWELS," the dazzling debut album from Marina & The Diamonds which made a stunning chart debut this week at #5 in the U.K. The collection will arrive stateside on May 25th.

"THE FAMILY JEWELS" will be heralded by "THE AMERICAN JEWELS EP," a three-track EP featuring the album tracks "I Am Not A Robot" and "Obsessions," alongside the exclusive "I Am Not a Robot Flex'd Rework (Passion Pit Remix)." "THE AMERICAN JEWELS" will be available at all DSPs on March 23rd.

Marina & The Diamonds -- the nom de musique of Marina Diamandis -- has quickly become a sensation in the UK, where Diamandis was recently named the #2 artist on the BBC's ever-prescient "Sound of 2010" ranking. Dividing her time between her birthplace of Abergavenny in rural Wales, London and later her father's traditional family home in Greece, Diamandis developed a truly idiosyncratic aesthetic, equal parts self-deprecating songstress, unabashedly intimate lyricist, and passionate pop star-in-waiting. A sequence of '09 singles and EPs -- released on the influential UK indie label, Neon Gold (Passion Pit, Ellie Goulding, Your Twenties) -- earned her a steady stream of admirers, both public and in the press, all in thrall to Marina's extraordinarily prodigious talent.

Diamandis will make her US live debut with a series of much anticipated performances, beginning March 14th at Brooklyn's The Bell House and March 15th at New York City's Le Poisson Rouge. Marina & The Diamonds will then head to Austin, Texas for the annual South By Southwest (SXSW) festival. Among the scheduled events are the Neon Gold showcase at Lambert's on Thursday, March 18th and the all-star Chop Shop/Atlantic Records party, slated for Saturday, March 20th at Brush Square Park.

What's more, Marina & The Diamonds will be among the artists appearing on this summer's 2010 Lilith Tour, joining a remarkable line-up that includes Sarah MacLachlan, Norah Jones, Mary J. Blige, Loretta Lynn, Tegan & Sara, Janelle Monáe, Colbie Caillat, and many others. Full tour details will be unveiled shortly.

Highlighted by the UK Top 20 hit single, "Hollywood," "THE FAMILY JEWELS" is proving an early contender for 2010's most distinctive debut. Songs like the dramatic "Oh No!" (produced by Greg Kurstin of The Bird And The Bee), "Obsessions" and the boldly ambitious "Mowgli's Road" see Marina gleefully melding the theatrically lavish vocal and orchestral flourishes of Kate Bush with the wonderful pop eccentricity of everyone from Sparks to the Scissor Sisters.

"Astonishing," declared NME of "THE FAMILY JEWELS" in its nine-out-of-10 rave. "Raining down on the ears like an explosion of sonic confetti, ('Hollywood') boasts a chorus so killer it should probably be investigated by the police." The Times' Pete Paphides awarded the album four-out-of-five stars, praising it for "parachuting you into the world of a singer who wants your attention but hates compartmentalization." The Telegraph decreed "THE FAMILY JEWELS" an "arch, clever debut," hailing Marina for having "a larger-than-life quality, coming on like a drama queen using her personal neuroses as a prism through which to view the world."
Living_Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 1st, 2010, 07:28 PM   #62
country flag Europe rocks

Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely loving the album Here's to a long and successful career for Marina
Europe rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 07:50 PM   #63

Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of Living_Legend has much to be proud of

I love the album, I really hope it ends up selling shedloads...what are your fave songs off of it???
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 08:04 PM   #64
country flag Europe rocks

Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute Europe rocks has a reputation beyond repute

Loving 'Are You Satisfied?' it just seems to speak volumes to me, along with 'Numb' and 'Obsessions'. The line in 'Hollywood' - 'He says "Oh my God" you look just like Shakira, no, no you're Catherine Zeta" "Actually, my name's Marina"' just makes me laugh so much. It's like every American presuming that because you're British you know who the queen is! I think the whole album works brilliantly altogther, no songs that I'd happily skip out. What do you think of it?
Europe rocks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 08:15 PM   #65

I'm loving 'Are You Satidfied?' too, because right now it couldn't be more appropriate for my life...I love that the albums darts between more serious songs like Obsessions (which is so me and my ex) and real theatrical songs like 'Hermit the Frog'. I really hope her label gives her a fair ammount of money for her future videos because some of those songs are crying out for killer videos.

That line from Hollywood was what first drew me to her...although at first I didn't like her voice I thought it was too deep, but now that's what I love about her voice the deeper the better...if you ask me.The album has been pretty much been all I've listened to this last week...I really think she can go far, she's such a talent...although I can totally see her polarising people, they'll either love her or hate her!!!
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 10:49 AM   #66
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

I really love all of the songs!
I walked past the cd shop today in the shopping centre and they were playing 'im not a robot' so i ran in and looked for the album and bought it! and i was happy to hear they were playing her album in there!

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval

Last edited by Mashabator : Mar 2nd, 2010 at 11:09 AM.
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 11:12 AM   #67
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

i just realised marina is #20 on itunes in australia!!!

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 01:28 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokickass View Post
I really love all of the songs!
I walked past the cd shop today in the shopping centre and they were playing 'im not a robot' so i ran in and looked for the album and bought it! and i was happy to hear they were playing her album in there!
Honestly I'm in love with this girl her voice is amazing, I think she's turning me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokickass View Post
i just realised marina is #20 on itunes in australia!!!
That's so cool, I didn't realise it was out in Aus yet, hopefully she'll be a success there too!!!
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #69
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute

'I am not a robot' will be a re-release.

Pasezk, Chakvetadze, Vaidisova, Sharapova, Pavlyuchenkova & Vekic.
Ciarán is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
'I am not a robot' will be a re-release.
Love that track and I'm glad it'll get a proper release, really hope Shampain and Hermit the Forg get a release as well as Oh No and Numb!!!
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 07:14 PM   #71
country flag Ciarán

Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute Ciarán has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Marina & The Diamonds - The Family Jewels set for US release!

They're all so good

Old Mar 4th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #72
country flag Ciarán

http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/...robot/47449605 - Marina on French TV.

Old May 17th, 2010, 04:34 AM   #73
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

The Clock Opera remix of I Am Not a Robot is just incredible.

But for the life of me I can't figure out what they've edited the lyrics into when she says "Never pick a ... ... up "

Can anyone help?
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:31 AM   #74
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

I dont have the remix, but my fav songs are Numb and Mowgli's Road

Old May 17th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #75
country flag Ciarán

Quote:
Originally Posted by Привет View Post
The Clock Opera remix of I Am Not a Robot is just incredible.

But for the life of me I can't figure out what they've edited the lyrics into when she says "Never pick a ... ... up "

Can anyone help?
I have no idea, sorry I do hate remixes though, can't say the Clock Opera remix changed this opinion either