Dexter - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #226
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dexter

It wasn't that bad. Rollo was almost right about Deb catching them. If they hadn't built towards Deb being sympathetic to Number 13's plight, I'd say that plot point was a total cop-out (not unlike Dexter not having to be the one to eliminate Doakes), but they've been building towards this ever since Deb saw the tapes. Therefore, I'm willing to believe that Deb would have done that.

Dexter letting Quinn off was interesting. Quinn obviously knows it was Dexter, though I don't imagine it will see much play next season. Quinn as The New Doakes never really made any sense, because if anybody on the force could see the use in Dexter running around offing bad guys, it'd be shady old Quinn.

I've accepted at this point that Dexter will be entertaining and better than most of the crap on TV, but not truly great again until the final season of the show. And they'll be making the show until either Showcase or Hall want out; given that Hall gets exec producer credit and Showcase gets sweet ratings out of it, I don't see either of these things happening soon.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #227

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

I figure that at this point, Desmond Harrington still has 15-20 pounds on Jennifer Carpenter. What are the odds of those two going into Season 6 the same weight?

Yes, I'm obsessed with how manorexic that dude has become. I can't help it! It's so utterly disturbing, yet I can't look away. Help me.
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #228
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavoom View Post
I've been defending this entire season when many people said it was rubbish, but that finale was such a letdown. I want the last 12 weeks of my life back
I know. I think anything would look like a letdown after the Season 4 finale, but this felt tame, safe and predictable. I knew as soon as Deb walked into the camp site with so much time left in the episode that she would let them go.
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 04:23 PM   #229
Shinjiro

Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future

1 and 2 were the greatest TV seasons I'd seen in recent times, from there obviously the only way was down.

As for the predictability, having spent days imagining dozens of scenarii, I naturally have to agree, that said they're always great at surprising me with the little things.

Last year's finale was the exception, they've usually gone for the full-circle ending, all neat and tidy.

Julia Görges ♦ Ana Ivanović ♦ Sabine Lisicki ♦ Jelena Dokic ♦ Samantha Stosur ♦ Sorana Cirstea

Last edited by Shinjiro : Dec 13th, 2010 at 04:40 PM.
Shinjiro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 04:36 PM   #230
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit sad. I wished Lumen stayed. But I think it was fitting: she was finally free.
The writers would have been stuck not knowing what to do with her next time. It would have also over-complicated Dexter's relationship with Rita's kids.

As for Deb's sympathy for No. 13, whilst I thought was well done, I'm pretty sure if I were Deb, I would have love to known who No. 13 and the accomplice were.
So coincidental to be hidden by the plastic tarp

LaGuertta was awesome - I know I hated her guts halfway through, but she was kick-ass this time around.

As for Quinn - I'm surprised he didn't own up to many things. Guess his love for Deb was real and more than I expected.
And thank god Dexter (fudge?) proved that it wasn't Quinn - that storyline would been torturous to go through next season.
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 05:15 PM   #231
country flag Edward.

Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
I figure that at this point, Desmond Harrington still has 15-20 pounds on Jennifer Carpenter. What are the odds of those two going into Season 6 the same weight?

Yes, I'm obsessed with how manorexic that dude has become. I can't help it! It's so utterly disturbing, yet I can't look away. Help me.
"Me, thin?"

But yeah, he does look pretty awful.

Official Wiseguy of the Maria Mafia.
1305 ..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Edward. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #232
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

what an anti-climax this season turned out to be. One of the most boring season finale. That said i can't wait for Season 6.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 12:40 AM   #233
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

I was so disappointed with the finale. I wanted the shit to hit the fan for real. I'm tired of being teased.

In other news, I read that Dexter & Deb are getting divorced IRL.
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 10:36 AM   #234
Lucemferre

Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga Ga Ooh La La View Post
I was so disappointed with the finale. I wanted the shit to hit the fan for real. I'm tired of being teased.

In other news, I read that Dexter & Deb are getting divorced IRL.
Michael C Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are getting divorced not Dexter and Deb That was never in doubt.The healthy partner always leaves,especially if they are young. I guess they can't live with constant fear of thoughts like 'will the cancer return?Is he going to die? Am I going to have to raise my child alone?' etc. They go through the fight with cancer together but after that like I said if they are young and childless, it's over.
Lucemferre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #235

The healthy partner always leaves? I mean this in the nicest way possible, but what is wrong with you? That's an absolutely ridiculous statement. Am I missing the funny part?
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #236
Lucemferre

Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
The healthy partner always leaves? I mean this in the nicest way possible, but what is wrong with you? That's an absolutely ridiculous statement. Am I missing the funny part?
It wasn't politically correct enough for you? Michael beat cancer,I'm glad he did and I hope that it never comes back but it might come back.His father died from cancer too. I don't know why they are getting divorced but I'm saying that I've seen/heard lots of couples who separate after a battle like this.You would think that it would bring them closer and from outside it may look like they really are but then boom, a shock break up.
Lucemferre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #237
Shinjiro

Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future

I've just learnt the finale was initially titled 'Through a Glass, Darkly' – much, much more fitting title IMO.

Julia Görges ♦ Ana Ivanović ♦ Sabine Lisicki ♦ Jelena Dokic ♦ Samantha Stosur ♦ Sorana Cirstea

Old Dec 15th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #238
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjiro View Post
I've just learnt the finale was initially titled 'Through a Glass, Darkly' – much, much more fitting title IMO.
Definitely. The Big One turned out to be The Big Whimper.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #239
Shinjiro

In that I find it to relate better to the story, especially to one scene in particular – one of my favourites in the finale.

But the 'Big One', referring to Harrisson's first birthday, works too I guess...

Old Dec 15th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #240
country flag Edward.

Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute

One of the few bright spots about that final episode was Jonny Lee Miller. He was so brilliant at being utterly insane. The scene where he's talking to Lumen and starts licking his lips and pretending to bite her was so

Official Wiseguy of the Maria Mafia.
1305 ..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Edward. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote