Dexter - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 23rd, 2010, 05:46 PM   #181
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dexter

Yeah, this season was a slow starter (bit like S3), but has gained momentum in the last couple of episodes and quite frankly gears up for some finish. I also think Lumen will go down eventually and take blame for all the Dexter's run-ins. Now that Quinn has taken it seriously with Liddy, he might be spared for Season 6
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 29th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #182
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

So this last episode...it was a bit underwhelming IMO.

Loved how Lumen was the one to kill Alex, but a bit about the sex scene.

I thought Jordan would be killed in this episode...alas..no.
The weirdest part was when his 1st ever victim talked to him. Like she was never raped or whatever. That was so weird.
And Jordan seemed to have some sort of touchy issue too.

Snoopy detective is really freaky.

Dex and Lumen were so nearly caught by Deb and Quinn. Phew.
For a moment I thought they'd really be caught
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #183
country flag Edward.

Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute

Dexter has jumped the shark.

That is all.

Official Wiseguy of the Maria Mafia.
1305 ..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Edward. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 01:01 PM   #184
country flag Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

You guys must be the only people on the Internet that didn't think that last episode was awesome. Or to not realize that Dexter actually jumped shark several seasons ago (DOAKES), but was still more awesome than 99% of whatever else is on TV. You see, what I'm saying, is that your opinions are wrong. That is all.

Dex watching Lumen try on the gloves was probably the most hilarious thing I've seen on TV this season.

On a complete shallow note, Michael C Hall and Julia Stiles have opposite body/face issues.
Crazy Canuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #185
country flag Edward.

Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute Edward. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
You guys must be the only people on the Internet that didn't think that last episode was awesome. Or to not realize that Dexter actually jumped shark several seasons ago (DOAKES), but was still more awesome than 99% of whatever else is on TV. You see, what I'm saying, is that your opinions are wrong. That is all.

Dex watching Lumen try on the gloves was probably the most hilarious thing I've seen on TV this season.

On a complete shallow note, Michael C Hall and Julia Stiles have opposite body/face issues.
The episode was fine until the sex scene at the end, I actually turned off in disgust at that point. What a ridiculously predictable and lazy piece of writing. Why, on every show on tv, do male and female sidekicks have to end up boning each other?

If my opinion if bullshit, then your opinion is horseshit. Sorry, but its true.

This season in general has been awful compared to the other seasons. Its still better than most things on tv, but its pretty clear that this show is in decline.

Official Wiseguy of the Maria Mafia.
1305 ..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Edward. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #186
Shinjiro

Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future

Our Very Neat Monster keeps evolving. Of course I would love a season one repeat as much as the next guy, but jumping the shark or not – at what point exactly anyway? – what we've been getting ever since, I find it so very good.
Can't wait for next week!

Julia Görges ♦ Ana Ivanović ♦ Sabine Lisicki ♦ Jelena Dokic ♦ Samantha Stosur ♦ Sorana Cirstea

Last edited by Shinjiro : Nov 29th, 2010 at 06:25 PM.
Shinjiro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 01:41 PM   #187

Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute Crazy Canuck has a reputation beyond repute

The sex scene made sense, in a demented way. This whole thing with Lumen is the first time that Dexter has actually, 100%, been able to be himself with somebody. And yeah, that's a little bit gross, because Dexter's a creep. Look, I don't want to see Dexter and Lumen doing it either, but hey, it's season 5 and they've found somewhere new to go. Not bad for such a terrible decline.

The male and female sidekicks "boning" is only lazy writing if it's forced. Quinn and Deb are a good example of this. Seriously, WTF is with Quinn and Deb? It's like, it was Tuesday and Deb was bored, so she landed on Quinn. However, there are times when two characters, who happen to be sidekicks, naturally progress in such a way that they come together. Here it only seems forced if you think the entire Lumen character is a total farce.

It's worth noting that male and female sidekicks not being put together, even when it seems to be natural for the characters, is also a problem that many TV shows get into. I'm looking right at you, Bones.

Last edited by Crazy Canuck : Nov 29th, 2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #188

Speaking of Quinn, he looks worse every passing episode. Seriously, eat a fucking burger, Desmond.
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #189
country flag Mary Cherry.

Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute Mary Cherry. has a reputation beyond repute

I think we've all seen the ending of that episode coming since 8 weeks ago. Kind of cringey to watch, but I can't really fault the rest. For me, the whole thing will boil down to how they deal with Liddy.
Mary Cherry. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #190
Shinjiro

Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future Shinjiro has a brilliant future

A bit weird maybe, but not any more creepier than Chase and Emily, there's no way it is.

Lumen sexually reasserting herself, looking into Dexter's eyes... yet not being horrified – nice callback to the first season. Quite liked that moment, actually.

Julia Görges ♦ Ana Ivanović ♦ Sabine Lisicki ♦ Jelena Dokic ♦ Samantha Stosur ♦ Sorana Cirstea

Old Nov 29th, 2010, 09:38 PM   #191
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't hate it, I just didn't like the part where Lumen and Dex were sleeping.

I really don't like to see a character (who is supposedly grieving over the loss of their significant other) sleeping with someone else. I don't mind if it happened next season or something, but judging by the timeline, it doesn't seem like much time has passes since Rita's death.
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #192

I don't mean to be a dick, eck, but are you really criticizing the show for putting Dexter into another relationship before he's properly completed what you consider to be a normal grieving process? Is that even a real complaint?
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 10:55 PM   #193
country flag eck
Esmerelda

No I'm not criticising the show
I'm just saying it's a bit off. It's just me and my beliefs.
I liked the chemistry between Lumen and Dexter, but I always saw Dexter as a "father figure" rather than "boyfriend" for Lumen.
For Lumen to be gangraped by 5 dudes, and reliving the moments again by watching the tape - and then few days later, she has sex with Dexter?

Don't get me wrong; I don't hate the way this show is going. I liked this season alot.
And who's to say Dexter shouldn't move on?
Maybe I'm overanalysing things, but I just don't think now's the time.

Last edited by eck : Nov 29th, 2010 at 11:03 PM.
eck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 11:13 PM   #194
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

Given the build up, the last episode was disappointing.
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 11:35 PM   #195
Shinjiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eck View Post
For Lumen to be gangraped by 5 dudes, and reliving the moments again by watching the tape - and then few days later, she has sex with Dexter?

Don't get me wrong; I don't hate the way this show is going. I liked this season alot.
And who's to say Dexter shouldn't move on?
Maybe I'm overanalysing things, but I just don't think now's the time.

She was in control the whole time and actually taking the lead, fresh off her first kill. Plus, no romance, no cheese – just raw emotion. I thought the whole thing was handled quite delicately. That said, I was as surprised as you were!