[GMT] Board Member Election, 2009-2010 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which 3 would you like to form the new Board?

Caraleede 12 44.44%
Stadia 17 62.96%
Kai. 12 44.44%
Marco Tennis 3 11.11%
Re-Open Applications 13 48.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 12th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #1
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute
[GMT] Board Member Election, 2009-2010

Board Member Election

Despite the fact the current board hasn't served for an entire year, due to events during the season, we are still holding elections as planned.

What does the board do?
Basically they do all the boring stuff of organising the game, running tournaments, checking the scoring is correct, updating the rankings, looking to improve the game and trying to ensure the voting is as fair as possible, etc. Occasionally they also need to make an executive decision on one thing or another.

Who can apply?
Anyone can enter, you don’t even have to compete in GMT. But you do have to be able to make a decision if you need to, and be as unbiased as possible. You don’t have to live at your computer all day long but it is useful if you can be around quite a lot and work as a team with your fellow board members.

How to apply?
To apply simply send me a PM within the next 24 hours, with your name, which country you live in, when you're normally online (in terms of GMT), and a short paragraph saying why you are applying, why you think people should vote for you, why would would be a good board member & what you would do to improve the game.

After the application deadline is over a poll will be put up in this thread and posters will have 48 hours to vote. Once this new board has been elected they will take over their new role at AO next season.

Deadline for applications, 13/12 1.30pm GMT
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......

Last edited by Sean. : Dec 13th, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 12th, 2009, 01:20 PM   #2
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [GMT] Board Member Election, 2009-2010

Voting Rules:

Who can vote?
Only posters who have taken part in GMT, ran a tournament or a duel or are regular voters here (voted more than 2 times) are allowed to vote. You will be sent a PM if you are eligible to vote. Other votes won't be counted.

How to vote!
Simply select the 3 people you would like to vote for in the poll above and post who you have voted for and why in this thread. If you are not happy with the choices you can vote to ‘Re-open Applications’. You must vote for 3 people or your vote won’t be counted.

You are not allowed to vote for yourself, or ask other to vote for you. If there is any evidence that you did ask for votes, you will be automatically disqualified. If you have been asked to vote (apart from by me) then please say. This is only a game and cheating ruins it for others.

The Poll will close in 48 hours.

Applicants:

1. Caraleede
Name:Cara B.
Time Online: 5am-10am (More on weekends)

I think I could bring a lot to the Tour and bring the game to new levels. I like to think of myself as a fair judge and I have no problems discussing and making a joint decision with fellow members of a board. I am a part-time secretary so I have to have good organizational skills, but I also like to stay friendly with people and try to make things smoother and more efficient. As a board member I would aspire to bring my own ideas but not change the basis of the game. I would try to emulate previous board members to make myself comfortable in the position before assuming any power and making changes. Also, I would never consider my position one of solitude and always discuss issues with the board before coming to my personal decision. I love to work on a team and I thrive with responsibility, I would love the opportunity to work for a game that I am passionate about and enjoy. Thankyou.

2. Stadia
Name:Joshua
Time Online: 9:00am-14:00pm weekdays & 2:00am-17:00pm weekends

I think people should vote for me, because I can assure you that I am very fair and unbiased, and that I am very approachable and understanding. I can also say that I am very active in GMT, so you can count on me to be always there when you all need me. I would improve the game by being a fair listener to the players' needs and suggestions and also by trying out fun and innovative improvements in the game.

3. Kai.
Name:Kaiane
Time Online: 3-4pm & 9pm-8am

I am applying so the ones that are not on Europe can at least have a Board-member so if there is any "problem"/Q it can be fix/solve, and not wait till the board-members are online...
I might not be a good GM but i have some pretty good ideas regarding to the game and to make it better.

4. Marco Tennis
Name:Marc
Time Online: 11am-1pm & 9pm-4am

Along reading these lines, I know what most of you will be thinking: ''How dare you are to even show up.'' You know what I understand your concern. I was probably one of the most ''hated'' graphic maker of this 2009 year, but yet I don't think that makes me a bad person. I have come to understand, that this is just a game and it's about having fun and I want to take part into making sure it's well run and it's the best for everyone. I'm not asking anyone to forgive me, all I want his a second chance . I have proven over my suspension that I was able to lower it up and appreciate all the talent that's expose each and everyday through this game. I think I would make a great board member because I'm often online and I always answer the PM's that are sent to me, whether it's an insult one or a simply a question. Plus like I said I'm willing to change and I think I have proved it. Trust me I know what it is now to be sidelined and I know how hard it feels. Therefore, I think I will be good to make decisions in this regard. I think you learn from your mistake and I see this whole process as a proof to you all that I'm up to this challenge. I'm please and honored that I might be part of this Board Best to all contestants. Sincerely, Marc.

Vote now!!!

Last edited by Sean. : Dec 13th, 2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #3
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Res.2

Old Dec 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM   #4
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

ive got 2 out of 4 on my ignore list

good luck anyway guys

Martina Hingis ♦ Maria Sharapova • Belinda Benčič ♥ Flavia Pennetta
S&V Williams•Golovin•A.Radwańska•Ivanović•Konjuh•Vekić •Barthel•more

She fills my heart with very special things
Effy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #5
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

My votes:

1. Caraleede: Cara has proven to be very implicated in the game and her managing in Bali has proven it . Plus she's a very nice and down to earth person. Not to say she keeps on improving each and everyday. Cara will for sure do some good to GMT. Hopefully she is elected as a board member.

2. Stadia: Stadia was around for a while now and seems to be very sold to GMT . He always wants the best for the game and tries each and everyday to keep peace in the GMT subforum which is apparently hell of a job. His timezone and commitment sounds perfect to a well running board. Plus no need to say she makes kick-ass graphic 'cause everybody knows

3. Kai: She has proven like I said before that she can handle running and helping out. She was the host to first event I played and only (The US OPEN SERIES) and that tournament was memorable 'cause everything seemed right to me... no drama... well organised and Kai is always very classy in her interventions at least 99% of the time

* I by mistake miss hit and awarded myself a vote. Therefore, that vote must be deducted from my TOTAL and ADDED to Kai's

Justin SW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #6
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

REAL SORRY ABOUT THE MISTAKE

I let Sean and a Moderator know about it. Hopefully it will be fixed

Justin SW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Miss Amor
Legendary

Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute

My votes (in Bold) -

Caraleede -

1) She knows how GMT works and has already hosted a tournament.
2) She is cool and really fun to have around and even though she will take this seriously, she wont be all stuck-up and try to make it look too 'serious'. This is a game after all and should progress in a manner which allows people to have more fun and not feel like they are governed by the board.
3) She is quite organised and is online when most of the Australian folks access this forum.
4) She is quite easy to approach to, is sound and down-to-earth, a quality which is most necessary for this position inmy opinion.

Stadia -

1) He has already managed exhibitions and tournaments, plus has been around for a long time (the guy I have had most matches with ), so knows how GMT works.
2) He is easy to approach and sounds quite mature.
3) He is the only from amongst the nominees who is available during the morning/afternoon time in the Europe.
4) He is one of the most unbiased people on this forum, not only when it comes to poster-specific voting but also when it comes to player-specific voting (i.e not voting for only Makiri Graphics)

Kai. -

1) She is organised and really really easy to talk to.
2) She has been around for along time and has managed a lot of tournaments and knows how GMT works.
3) She even manages the GMT in MTF and therefore has a lot of drive to do these kinds of graphic-related things.
4) Apart from the JMD obessesion she is quite stable and is online during the time when most American folks access the forum.

Marco -

He needs more experience in my opinion

Miss Amor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 04:50 PM   #8
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

first three tho I think it's not really good tho have a completely new board
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 05:06 PM   #9
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexysova View Post
The old board will still be around to help the new ones out if they ask.

Old Dec 13th, 2009, 05:06 PM   #10
country flag .Andrew.

.Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute .Andrew. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This. At the least I think Sean should also keep a spot on the board with the 3 new additions. Imo, he did a great job.

But my votes go:

Foremost, Stadia. He makes amazing graphics, is friendly, and imo is the most plausible choice for the job.

Next, Caraleede. She is constantly improving with her graphics and we all saw that she has done a great job in running Bali. She also seems very friendly and seems like she will talk with anyone on TennisForum. (which is my only concern, since she is very well liked). But overall, I think she will be an awesome addition to the Board.

And my last vote, Kai. I don't know so much about this poster but if Kai runs GMT on MTF, then she knows how the game goes and has the dedication to do so.
OWTT: New Haven S2, Rome S4, Strasbourg S4, New Haven S5, Dubai S6, Roland Garros S7, Stanford S7, Montreal S7, Tashkent S7, Monterrey S8, Stuttgart S8, Roland Garros S8, Australian Open S9
.Andrew. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #11
country flag Poiree

Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute Poiree has a reputation beyond repute

I voted only for Stadia as I am sure he is fair and would make a great board member. He ran an exo well and never caused any trouble in the game.

I would have voted for Kai, but I think her English is not good enough to run the game (sorry Kai). I also think we need at least 1 board member from Europe so I left the options open. Sorry Marco and Cara but I think you are too new to this game to run it. I hope I am wrong and if you get chosen this game finally works as it should.
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #12
Miss Amor
Legendary

Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute Miss Amor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiree View Post
I voted only for Stadia as I am sure he is fair and would make a great board member. He ran an exo well and never caused any trouble in the game.

I would have voted for Kai, but I think her English is not good enough to run the game (sorry Kai). I also think we need at least 1 board member from Europe so I left the options open. Sorry Marco and Cara but I think you are too new to this game to run it. I hope I am wrong and if you get chosen this game finally works as it should.
You are some of the bigger guns from Europe should've applied too , as I also do feel that the board is not going to be particularly online when most of the folks participating in GMT are.

Miss Amor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #13
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Caraleede - She's really enthusiastic about the game and I think she'd work hard to improve it.

Stadia - He's really approachable, trustworthy & mature. I think him & Cara would make a great combination.

Kai. - She's been around for ages and knows how things work, because the other two are fairly new her experience is great.

Old Dec 13th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #14
country flag Sexysova
I'm back and fierce, bitches!

Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute Sexysova has a reputation beyond repute

maybe I could stand in for elections but I'm sure it's too late

I checked my PM just today and I saw that the elections are up already
Sexysova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #15
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Quote:
maybe I could stand in for elections but I'm sure it's too late

I checked my PM just today and I saw that the elections are up already
Sorry Andrew The applications are now closed, if enough people vote to Re-Open them though you can apply.