Ranking Thread - 9/23/02 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 02:09 AM   #1
country flag Mikey
Team WTAworld

Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of Mikey has much to be proud of
Ranking Thread - 9/23/02

ok, since she's not playing this week, my article's going in here.

Ranking Update

With a not-so-surprising loss to Amy Frazier, due to her impeccable sense of court experience in Japan for some odd reason, Anna picked up no points last week, leaving her stuck at number 19. Maleeva, number 17, but only 18.5 points ahead of Smashnova, is sure to fall behind. With 207 points this week to defend and an 18th tournament of 32 points and Serena Williams looming in her quarter, it is nearly impossible that she will hold enough to stay in front of Anna. However, the downside is that there are a few players that have the opportunity to pass her. Though unlikely, 23rd ranked Eleni Daniilidou, 27th ranked Tamarine Tanasugarn, and 28th ranked Daja Bedanova have a limited chance to pass Smashnova this week. Daniilidou, only 130 points behind, has the best chance, especially given her draw.

In other news, Anna still resides at number 14, a qualifying position, in the race to the championships. Like her entry ranking, Eleni Daniilidou is the only player with a possible chance at passing her this week.

Anna will be in action next week in order to gain points, though she is defending none for the rest of the year.
Lindsay Davenport - Anna Smashnova - Lisa Raymond - Sandrine Testud - Paola Suarez - Amelie Mauresmo - Virginia Ruano-Pascual - Nadia Petrova - Chanda Rubin - Cara Black - Tathiana Garbin - Anne Kremer - Monica Seles - Fabiola Zuluaga - Maria Sanchez-Lorenzo - Amanda Coetzer - Rita Grande - Meghann Shaughnessy - Magui Serna - Nathalie Dechy - Kim Clijsters - Elena Tatarkova - Maria Sharapova - Alicia Molik - Julia Vakulenko - Elena Likhovtseva - Anastasia Myskina - Emilie Loit
Mikey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 11:18 AM   #2
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Thanks Mike!
I'll put it up
Old Sep 25th, 2002, 12:59 AM   #3
country flag Irish

Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute
The positive news for Anna is that Maleeva, Daniilidou, and Bedanova all lost today in Leipzig.

Rittner beat Daniilidou
Hrdlickova beat Bedanova
Husarova beat Maleeva (went and checked)
Davenport, Capriati, Molik, Golovin, Seles, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Groenefeld, Frazier, Sprem, Hantuchova, Peschke, Dulko, Ivanovic, Smashnova, Likhovtseva, Vaidisova, Zvonereva, Schiavone, Pennetta

"No good deed goes unpunished." - origin unknown

Last edited by Irish : Sep 25th, 2002 at 01:05 AM.
Irish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:23 AM   #4
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

yeah! that's good news
Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:44 AM   #5
country flag Irish

Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute
Duh, did Anna play in Moscow? I have not seen anything about any matches in the forum for the tourney but heard she did badly there?

Does anybody have any info? Thanks.
Davenport, Capriati, Molik, Golovin, Seles, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Groenefeld, Frazier, Sprem, Hantuchova, Peschke, Dulko, Ivanovic, Smashnova, Likhovtseva, Vaidisova, Zvonereva, Schiavone, Pennetta

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 09:55 AM   #6
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

Anna lost to Maggie Maleeva 1-6, 2-6
Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:15 PM   #7
country flag Irish

Thanks Aaron. Poor Anna.

Maggie is definitely on a roll having beat Anna and Venus in the same tourney.

I thought it was strange that in the Moscow tourney forum there were no scores for Anna and Maggie's match or mention of who won.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 12:38 PM   #8
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

You're welcome. Anna played on Monday and I think they did mention something