The much-maligned Miss Tracy Austin - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 8th, 2010, 06:27 AM   #181
country flag Mark43

Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold Mark43 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The much-maligned Miss Tracy Austin

I just caught a few games of the Esurance Classique that was taped in October in Marin. It's a fundraiser hit-N-giggle that our very own much-maligned Miss Tracy Austin participated in. I've got to say Miss Brace Face was looking and hitting quite good. She's slim, trim and can still compete... well, at least with Conchita Martinez, who's about ten years her junior. She made ol' Conchita look like Rosie Casals on a few points. It was a shortened doubles set that was played with local college talent, but Tracy was having none of it. She was bouncin' and blowin' like a US Open was on the line and the Ice Maiden CE Lloyd was on the other side of the net. The cougar was out for blood!

She still looks stiff tho. Some things never change.
Mark43 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 8th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #182
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark43 View Post
I just caught a few games of the Esurance Classique that was taped in October in Marin. It's a fundraiser hit-N-giggle that our very own much-maligned Miss Tracy Austin participated in. I've got to say Miss Brace Face was looking and hitting quite good. She's slim, trim and can still compete... well, at least with Conchita Martinez, who's about ten years her junior. She made ol' Conchita look like Rosie Casals on a few points. It was a shortened doubles set that was played with local college talent, but Tracy was having none of it. She was bouncin' and blowin' like a US Open was on the line and the Ice Maiden CE Lloyd was on the other side of the net. The cougar was out for blood!

She still looks stiff tho. Some things never change.
Mark,Good to hear that Austin can still good hitting a tennis ball. You know what though? I bet she would have beaten Martinez on most surfaces even as late as 1990. Not that Dennis will agree. Keep well smokey.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 06:50 AM   #183
country flag DennisFitz

DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all DennisFitz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
Mark,Good to hear that Austin can still good hitting a tennis ball. You know what though? I bet she would have beaten Martinez on most surfaces even as late as 1990. Not that Dennis will agree. Keep well smokey.
Iain....do they have TV in the land of Woulda Coulda Shoulda? You'll have to give me the match report of Tracy blitzing Conchi (on clay I'm sure!) Can't wait to get the details!

Because there's just not enough love for our much maligned Austin, I thought I'd mention Serena's book. Seems Serena took exception to Tracy stating Maria would wipe the court with Serena in the 2007 Australian Open final. Ms Williams was obviously not impressed with Tracy's TV commentating! (even if I am a fan of Tracy in the booth!)
DennisFitz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #184
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisFitz View Post
Iain....do they have TV in the land of Woulda Coulda Shoulda? You'll have to give me the match report of Tracy blitzing Conchi (on clay I'm sure!) Can't wait to get the details!

Because there's just not enough love for our much maligned Austin, I thought I'd mention Serena's book. Seems Serena took exception to Tracy stating Maria would wipe the court with Serena in the 2007 Australian Open final. Ms Williams was obviously not impressed with Tracy's TV commentating! (even if I am a fan of Tracy in the booth!)
We just about got television here in Scotland Dennis, dont know about woulda coulda shoulda land!!!I cant believe that Austin really thought that before the Aussie Open final. I remember thinking that it would be closer than it was but I was pretty sure Serena would win. That, you have to concede. is an unusually bad call from Tracy. As you indicate her analysis is usually excellent.
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 11:35 PM   #185
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
got to say Miss Brace Face was looking and hitting quite good
Lovin it! And lol at the bouncin and blowin part too Mark
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #186
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Lovin it! And lol at the bouncin and blowin part too Mark
RolloI love the posts from Mark- one cool dude I reckon. After that post at Christmas he is my fave on here!!!!!
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #187
country flag nelslus
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
RolloI love the posts from Mark- one cool dude I reckon. After that post at Christmas he is my fave on here!!!!!

Iain shall have to do much more now than bow down and curtsy to get back in the good graces of nelslus ever again.

(......even if that one you-ALL-know-which-one Mark43 post is indeed an instant classic.)
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #188
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelslus View Post

Iain shall have to do much more now than bow down and curtsy to get back in the good graces of nelslus ever again.

(......even if that one you-ALL-know-which-one Mark43 post is indeed an instant classic.)
Oh but Sir you know how much I like that face of yours and the wit- it was just Mark and his smoking effort really appealed to my sense of humour, sorry boss.
Old May 26th, 2010, 05:44 PM   #189
country flag raquel

raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute raquel has a reputation beyond repute

Just read this on Lindsay Davenport's Twitter page - "Just found out Tracy Austin's mom passed away. So sad for her family."

I've read before a few times that Tracy's mother was quite a character. Some stories about protecting Tracy ferociously, even following her around the locker rooms! RIP
raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #190
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel View Post
Just read this on Lindsay Davenport's Twitter page - "Just found out Tracy Austin's mom passed away. So sad for her family."

I've read before a few times that Tracy's mother was quite a character. Some stories about protecting Tracy ferociously, even following her around the locker rooms! RIP
Oh that is sad, Jeanne Austin wasnt it?? I remember seeing her a good few times at Eastbourne in 83 and yes she was very prominent around Tracy and I am sure protective. She actually seemed a very nice woman and I am sad to hear she is dead. I dont know what the issue really was, I guess that she may have been looking after her daughter a little too much. But then we have to remember that Tracy was the first to be pro and playing the tour at such a young age, and received massive media coverage. I would imagine that her mother was not sure how it would all work out and that was why she would always be there. I bet she was a remarkably supportive mother.
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 09:19 AM   #191
country flag bionic71
Worshipping POP ICON GODDESSES

bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute bionic71 has a reputation beyond repute

Had the pleasure of meeting with Tracy Austin a few times during the Aust Open this year
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #192
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold

Awesome pic Bionic. Is she off the crutches? I hear Chrissie paid her a visit after she made that "Chrissie was with SOME GUY" remark on the WTA40 presentation........
BCP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 02:51 PM   #193
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Awesome pic Bionic. Is she off the crutches? I hear Chrissie paid her a visit after she made that "Chrissie was with SOME GUY" remark on the WTA40 presentation........

LOL@ you BCP. Did Chrissie use a service motion bringing the racquet down or her "two-fisted" backhand. It would give new meaning to the word "crushing victory".

Great pic Bionic!
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 03:29 PM   #194
BCP

BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold BCP is a splendid one to behold

Haha@Rollo! Chris always had the "weapons" to handle Tracy. Remember when we did this about 10 years ago?

2005 FANTASY CHAMPIONSHIPS is proud to present

GETTING TO KNOW TRACY AUSTIN

sponsored by "I can't believe it's not grass" tennis courts- so real, you can smoke it.

Favourite color:
Red, white and blue of course!

Favourite Meal:
My opponents

Career Highlight:
1981-I'm a little biased. After being so tired for all of 1980, I came back to being the undisputed no.1 for 1981 (and don't let anyone tell you any different!)

Greatest tennis achievement:
Not having to play out my career. My 1979-1981 were good enough, that everyone thinks that I am great without me having to prove it. I get to go into the question mark club with Monica and Maureen. Look at poor Martina Hingis. If only she had been crippled sooner by her shoes.... Oh well, not my problem!

How will you prepare for the tournament?
I'll do what I've been doing since I was 14. My coach takes me out to the practice court and gives me a good pounding before each match, drilling me endlessly. Sometimes my mother comes and shouts encouragement from the sidelines!

Toughest opponent in the tournament?
My neck and backbrace.

Let me rephrase that. Who would you least like to play?
(Long puase). Hana I guess. She's so unpredictable.
Outright winner/ unforced error?
Ace/double fault?
Gay/Striaght?
Married/single?
Australian/Czech?
No.2/No.5?

Who ever knows with Hana....

Dark Horse?
Hmmm. Chris Evert!!!! You see, the press have made a big story about how I don't get on with Chris, but I really admire what she has been able to achieve in her career. People used to call her Little Miss Ice Block, but I like to call her Little Miss Frugal. She has made VERY LITTLE go a VERY VERY LONG WAY!

Who, other than yourself, do you see winning?
Come on, you know there isn't a plausible answer for that.............
BCP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 11:04 AM   #195
tennisvideos
Love the Legends of Tennis

tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute tennisvideos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic71 View Post
Had the pleasure of meeting with Tracy Austin a few times during the Aust Open this year
Great pic Shane. So who did you have the most fun with of all the pros you met this year?
60s/70s: Evonne Goolagong .. Francoise Durr .. Chris Evert .. Margaret Court .. Nancy Richey .. Maria Bueno .. Billie-Jean King .. Lesley Turner .. Virginia Wade .. Ken Rosewall .. Rod Laver .. Bjorn Borg ..
Entertainers: .. Diana Ross .. Dionne Warwick .. Shirley Bassey .. Randy Crawford .. Burt Bacharach .. ABBA .. Woody Allen .. Maggie Smith .. Gena Rowlands .. Judy Davis .. Heath Ledger .. Little Britain ..
Inspiration: .. Jeshua Ben Josepth .. Conversations with God .. Abraham with Esther & Jerry Hicks .. P'taah ..
tennisvideos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote