Matches of the Week - 2010 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #16
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Bad day for Brits.

No Scharle? Maybe took the opponents too lightly. Would have expected to get something from numbers 3-5. Sounds as though the girls got the hairdryer treatment after the match.
Maybe Scharle didn't play for Florida St. but Jessica Zok who played #2 for South Florida last season didn't play for SF either.

South Florida likes to poach transfers. Melissa Koning transferred from Auburn, Jessica Zok is from Baylor, Lauren Shumate from Purdue and Allyn Mueller is from Ohio St. Mueller played Fall 2007 at Ohio St. but played Spring 2008 at South Florida. She was a mid-year transfer with instant eligibility the rules will no longer allow.

Embittered what can you tell me about Brit Sarah Cantlay of Long Beach St.?
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2010, 08:28 PM   #17
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Embittered what can you tell me about Brit Sarah Cantlay of Long Beach St.?
Nothing you couldn't find out for yourself on the web. (To be honest, that's pretty much the case for all players.) You already knew this, but you can see her domestic rankable results here. I'd guess (I hope I'm not being too nasty) that she'd start off at no. 8.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #18
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Matches of the Week - 2010

Was curious to see how Florida's lineup would be and if Boonstra is playing 4 for them this season, wow, that's some serious depth.

Doubles
No. 1 (26) Marrit Boonstra/Allie Will (UF) v. Irina Paraschiv/Amy Joubert (UNT), 8-3*
No. 2 Lauren Embree/Anastasia Revzina (UF) v. Madura Ranganathan/Paula Dinuta (UNT), 8-2
No. 3 Carolina Hitimana/Joanna Mather (UF) v. Barbora Vykydalova/Catalina Cruz (UNT), 8-6

Singles
No. 1 (15) Lauren Embree (UF) v. Irina Paraschiv (UNT), 6-2, 6-2
No. 2 (13) Allie Will (UF) v. Madura Ranganathan (UNT), 6-2, 6-1
No. 3 (92) Anastasia Revzina (UF) v. Paula Dinuta (UNT), 6-2, 6-1*
No. 4 (81) Marritt Boonstra (UF) v. Catalina Cruz (UNT), 6-0, 6-1
No. 5 Caroline Hitimana (UF) v. Barbora Vykydalova (UNT), 6-3, 6-4
No. 6 Claire Bartlett (UF) v. Amy Joubert (UNT), 6-1, 6-0
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 09:05 PM   #19
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
Was curious to see how Florida's lineup would be and if Boonstra is playing 4 for them this season, wow, that's some serious depth.

Doubles
No. 1 (26) Marrit Boonstra/Allie Will (UF) v. Irina Paraschiv/Amy Joubert (UNT), 8-3*
No. 2 Lauren Embree/Anastasia Revzina (UF) v. Madura Ranganathan/Paula Dinuta (UNT), 8-2
No. 3 Carolina Hitimana/Joanna Mather (UF) v. Barbora Vykydalova/Catalina Cruz (UNT), 8-6

Singles
No. 1 (15) Lauren Embree (UF) v. Irina Paraschiv (UNT), 6-2, 6-2
No. 2 (13) Allie Will (UF) v. Madura Ranganathan (UNT), 6-2, 6-1
No. 3 (92) Anastasia Revzina (UF) v. Paula Dinuta (UNT), 6-2, 6-1*
No. 4 (81) Marritt Boonstra (UF) v. Catalina Cruz (UNT), 6-0, 6-1
No. 5 Caroline Hitimana (UF) v. Barbora Vykydalova (UNT), 6-3, 6-4
No. 6 Claire Bartlett (UF) v. Amy Joubert (UNT), 6-1, 6-0
I'm assuming that Boonstra will move up to No. 3 once she gets some confidence back. She didn't play very much during the fall season and it looks like she was injured during the fall.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #20
country flag USTennisfan

USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light

It's official, Julia Cohen declares herself a pro and is off the #7 Miami tennis roster as they start Dual Meet Season with a win yesterday.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/w-tennis/recaps/012310aaa.html[/url]
USTennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 10:21 PM   #21
country flag USTennisfan

USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light USTennisfan is a glorious beacon of light

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/spor...012310aaa.html
USTennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #22
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
I'd guess (I hope I'm not being too nasty) that she'd (Sarah Cantley) start off at no. 8.
If Cantley is #8 that is bad news for Long Beach St. considering Anna Jeczmionka, who would then be #7, doesn't even have 1 win against a scholarship player this Fall.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 01:47 AM   #23
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

#9 USC 6, #50 Long Beach State 1
Jan. 24 - Marks Stadium

DOUBLES
(1) Kinstler/Sanchez (USC) vs. #58 Alawi/Manasse (LBSU - 9-8 (6)
A/M were pretty good. wonder why Sanchez didn't try down the line while exchanging cross court shots? after all down the line passing shot is the beauty of doubles
(2) Fansler/Pulido (USC) vs. Armstrong/Dallara (LBSU) - 8-0
this combo was the best for USC
(3) Lao/Ramos (USC) vs. Cantlay/Luzar (LBSU) - 8-1
USC wins doubles point.
SINGLES
(1) #8 Maria Sanchez (USC) def. Deborah Armstrong (LBSU) - 6-2, 6-2
(2) Anais Dallara (LBSU) def. Sarah Fansler (USC) - 6-2, 6-2
(3) #39 Alison Ramos (USC) def. Jaklin Alawi (LBSU) - 6-1, 2-6, 6-2
(4) #37 Valeria Pulido (USC) def. Rachel Manasse (LBSU) - 6-3, 6-0
(5) Cristala Andrews (USC) def. Julie Luzar (LBSU) - 6-4, 6-0
(6) Lyndsay Kinstler (USC) def. Anna Jeczmionka (LBSU) - 6-2, 6-4

LBS players were all good. A LOT of rallies. Fansler was so-so but Dallara was good.
Manasse was the best power hitter of Intercollegiate at Costa Mesa but actually Pulido got
the better of her(but is Pulido a power player? nope, not that powerful). P's forehand drive form is pretty concise, like Henin's? anyway I like it

My MVP for USC singles is Andrews. I knew she was good, I saw her beat Pantic (last year's UCLA #4) and have a close game against Ramos at the final of Riviera Circuit, but didn't know she could send the ball wherever she wanted
Incidentally Kinstler was last yr's single #7, Andrews #8 for Trojans.
Kinstler is not powerful, can't move very well, but her shot has angles(is this the correct expression?), and she likes to use slices and drop shots frequently.

Lao and last year's #6 Entekhabi didn't play singles.

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 25th, 2010 at 03:13 AM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 03:15 AM   #24
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by USTennisfan View Post
It's official, Julia Cohen declares herself a pro and is off the #7 Miami tennis roster as they start Dual Meet Season with a win yesterday.

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/w-tennis/recaps/012310aaa.html[/url]
thanks for the info. and in that case, I MUST watch Cohen at Rancho Mirage and Laguna Niguel

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 03:18 AM   #25
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
I'm assuming that Boonstra will move up to No. 3 once she gets some confidence back. She didn't play very much during the fall season and it looks like she was injured during the fall.
she's one of the best controller in the league! As a fan of her I insist that she play #1 like last season, but dunno if that is legal, since her current ranking is so low (of course that ranking isn't right, but still)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 01:56 PM   #26
country flag starc10s

starc10s is just really nice starc10s is just really nice starc10s is just really nice starc10s is just really nice starc10s is just really nice starc10s is just really nice starc10s is just really nice starc10s is just really nice starc10s is just really nice starc10s is just really nice starc10s is just really nice

i am a friend of julia cohen and she did not turn pro yet, she will be playing pro circuit events and will eventually turn pro, but bas not offficially turned pro yet...
starc10s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 10:32 PM   #27
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Turned out nastier than I meant. Sorry.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2010, 02:52 AM   #28
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by starc10s View Post
i am a friend of julia cohen and she did not turn pro yet, she will be playing pro circuit events and will eventually turn pro, but bas not offficially turned pro yet...
but she's deleted from the team roster...must I personally ask Cohen at the challengers

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 26th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #29
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

#9 USC 6, #57 UC Irvine 1

Jan. 25 - Marks Stadium

DOUBLES

(1) Kinstler/Sanchez (USC) def. Byron/Hammel (UCI) - 8-6
(2) Lao/Ramos (USC) def. Holladay/Kwan (UCI) - 8-2

(3) Bartlett/Smith (UCI) def. Andrews/Pulido (USC) - 8-7 (1)

Order of finish: 3, 1, 2

USC wins doubles point.

I was much impressed by Kinstler/Sanchez's defensive lob skills. They parried
UCI's attack with those, frustrating their offense. Nice win.
Lao/Ramos combo is fixed, they should play with each other in the remainder
of theIr school years
And Smith, she's real, gouci Her doubles skills were really good. Didn't
lose the driving battle against Pulido and Andrews, and net skills were superb
as well. Bartlett is of course, SW R consolation winner.
They consolidated the win by successfully attacking down the line.

SINGLES

(1) #8 Maria Sanchez (USC) def. #109 Stephanie Hammel (UCI) - 6-0, 6-4

(2) #39 Alison Ramos (USC) def. April Bisharat (UCI) - 6-1, 6-2

(3) #18 Danielle Lao (USC) def. Brooke Bartlett (UCI) - 6-3, 6-2*

(4) #37 Valeria Pulido (USC) def. Courtney Byron (UCI) - 6-1, 6-2

(5) Cristala Andrews (USC) def. Becka Kwan (UCI) - 6-2, 1-6, 6-0

(6) Kristina Smith (UCI) def. Lyndsay Kinstler (USC) - 6-2, 2-6, 6-2

Order of finish: 2, 4, 3*, 1, 5, 6

Hammel and Bisharat are quite powerful, but those UEs. Control was the
obvious problem. Those two & Bartlett, Smith, even Kwan got a set against
Andrews, they have potential. But I think LBS players were more consistent,
making less UEs.
One thing's for sure. UCI vs LBS would be pretty exciting.

Fansler(injured?), Entekhabi didn't play for USC.

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 26th, 2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old Jan 26th, 2010, 08:47 AM   #30
country flag gouci

Upsets

Winthrop def. #68 College of Charleston 5-2

Winthrop def. #72 Furman 4-3

#65 Harvard def. #61 Boston 7-0

Other results

Akron def. Michigan St. 6-1

#26 Virginia def. #33 Illinois 4-3

#48 Yale def. #61 Boston 5-2

#4 Georgia def. #75 South Florida 5-2

Last edited by gouci : Jan 26th, 2010 at 09:13 AM.