Matches of the Week - 2010 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 7th, 2009, 05:18 AM   #1
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Matches of the Week - 2010

11/24/09

Fall Season

Stanford def. Hawaii 5-2

Doubles
1. No. 5 Hilary Barte/Lindsay Burdette(Stan) def. Sophie Kobuch/Maraike Biglmaier (UH) 8-4
2. Alyssa Naferrete/Barbara Pinterova (UH) def Logan Hansen/Carolyn Mcviegh (Stan) 8-3
3. Veronica Li/Stacy Tan (Stan) def Aglae Van den Bergh/Allison Gobel(UH) 8-0

Singles
1. No. 5 Hilary Barte (Stan) def. Maraike Biglmaier (UH) 6-3, 6-2
2. No. 63 Mallory Burdette (Stan) def. Sophie Kobuch (UH) 6-2, 6-2
3. Barbara Pinterova (UH) def. Stacy Tan (Stan) 6-3, 3-6, 7-5
4. Veronica Li (Stan) def Alyssa Nafarrete (UH) 6-2, 6-1
5. Jennifer Yen (Stan) def. Natasha Zorec (UH) 6-0, 6-1
6. Mari Tadaki (UH) def. Natalie Dillon 2-6, 6-4, 6-4

The results will not count toward either team's record, however, individual results will count.

I would have liked for Hawaii's other freshman Katarina Poljakova (WTA 824) to have played and seen her results.

With Fresno St. graduating 3 starters and Boise St.'s #3 singles from last season disappearing, it will be interesting to see if Hawaii can win the WAC this season.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 06:52 AM   #2
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Matches of the Week - 2010

Hawaii? didn't another team harass Fresno St. lat season at WAC? I believe in AP, and hope RK gets well soon.. (one of my favorite doubles team)

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2010, 04:26 AM   #3
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

The dual match season begins!

#3 Cal def. Hawaii 7-0

1. Mari Andersson /Jana Juricova (Cal) def. Sophie Kobuch/Natasha Zorec (UH), 8-2
2. Marina Cossou /Kasia Siwosz (Cal) def. Alyssa Nafarrete/ Barbara Pinterova (UH), 8-6
3. Tayler Davis /Annie Goransson (Cal) def. Mari Tadaki /Aglae Van den Bergh(UH), 8-1

1. No. 2 Jana Juricova (Cal) def. Sophie Kobuch (UH) 6-4, 6-1
2. No. 10 Marina Cossou (Cal) def. Barbara Pinterova (UH) 6-1, 6-2
3. No. 83 Mari Andersson (Cal) def. Alyssa Nafarrete (UH) 6-0, 6-1
4. Annie Goransson (Cal) def. Natasha Zorec (UH), 6-2-, 6-1
5. Kasia Siwosz (Cal) def. Mari Tadaki (UH) 6-1, 6-0
6. Tayler Davis (Cal) def. Aglae Van den Bergh (UH) 6-0, 6-1

Where is Hawaii's #1 singles Maraike Biglmaier? She played against Stanford in the fall.

Katarina Poljakova (WTA 824) of Hawaii may not be eligible yet.
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 04:48 AM   #4
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

my bad

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #5
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Hmm Duke unveiled their line-up (minus Reka). Plotkin is playing No. 1 (very interesting) followed by Nze, Granson, Clayton, Gorny, and Stiles. It'll be interesting to see where they place Reka. I don't know about anyone else but Plotkin ahead of Nze?!?

I've always felt (besides last year when Cecil was No. 1) that Nze was the best player on Duke especially when Iyer was No. 1. In my opinion Iyer was the sacrificial lamb at No. 1 and that something fishy was going on, considering she didn't play that well at No. 1 and Nze did a good job at No. 2.

Something tells me I'm going to have to start a thread about "interesting" line-ups.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 02:17 AM   #6
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Nze is good, but dunno about Plotkin, I only saw her at the team photo
but her stats weren't that great.
And of course Reka should be either 1 or 2, she bagelled Mosolova (yes, even Ramos bagelled her , but still) to reach Intercollegiate Cons. Final..)

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 03:17 AM   #7
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Nze is good, but dunno about Plotkin, I only saw her at the team photo
but her stats weren't that great.
And of course Reka should be either 1 or 2, she bagelled Mosolova (yes, even Ramos bagelled her , but still) to reach Intercollegiate Cons. Final..)
In the past Plotkin has predominantly played at the No. 3 spot. She has usually played behind Nze but ahead of Reka. She hasn't really played in two seasons due to injuries so it surprises me that she is playing at No. 1. Granted its early in the season and she may have really worked out a lot since the last time she played NCAA tennis. Then again Iyer at No. 1 was always suspicious to me.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 09:20 PM   #8
country flag its_a_racquet

its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice its_a_racquet is just really nice

What is the story with Reka at Duke - is she injured or just didn't play that first match of the season?
its_a_racquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 09:37 PM   #9
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_a_racquet View Post
What is the story with Reka at Duke - is she injured or just didn't play that first match of the season?
you might ask mboyle here, he seems to be friend with Reka.

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 21st, 2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 11:52 PM   #10
country flag gouci

Updates

1/23/10

#11 Tennessee def. #33 Illinois 4-3

#75 South Florida upset #15 Florida St. 5-2

Last edited by gouci : Jan 26th, 2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #11
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

at the 2nd result

doesn't ranking mean a thing

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #12
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Updates

Bad day for Brits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
1/23/10
#75 South Florida upset #15 Florida St. 5-2
No Scharle? Maybe took the opponents too lightly. Would have expected to get something from numbers 3-5. Sounds as though the girls got the hairdryer treatment after the match.

Last edited by Embittered : Jan 24th, 2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Must remember to preview
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #13
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

OK, another daft question, who puts in the rank numbers in the results: http://itarankings.itatennis.com/Tea...183897&page=lr

Denise Dy's in particular is a little undercooked.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 04:44 PM   #14
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
OK, another daft question, who puts in the rank numbers in the results: http://itarankings.itatennis.com/Tea...183897&page=lr

http://www.itatennis.com/AwardsAndRa...al_Singles.htm

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #15
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post

The answer to you question is nobody has entered the most updated rankings into the results. Those rankings are taken from May 29, 2009 from last season because those are the last rankings entered in the ITA's website replacement of Collegetennisonline. At CTO everything was linked together unlike the ITA's rookie website.