WTA #1 Killa Zhang Ready Aims for Top 50 in 2010 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 27th, 2009, 06:57 AM   #1
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Cool WTA #1 Killa Zhang Ready Aims for Top 50 in 2010

Shuai Good Luck in 2010

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/...nt_8993421.htm

Zhang poised to bounce back next yearBy Yu Yilei (China Daily)

NANJING: After an unsuccessful attempt to establish herself on the WTA tour, China's Zhang Shuai, once seen as a prodigy with the ability to reach the elite level of women's tennis, says she wants to start all over again next season.

Following her giant-killing performance at last month's China Open - where she upset then world No 1 Dinara Safina of Russia in the second round, the 20-year-old has lifted herself to No 154 in the world, only 22 spots lower that her career best ranking of 132 set in July 2007. She also became the fourth-highest ranked Chinese player, behind Li Na (15), Zheng Jie (35) and Peng Shuai (47).

"Gradually, my confidence is returning but it has not been easy," Zhang told China Daily during the Mercedes-Benz China Grand Prix here where she teamed with Sun Shengnan to win the women's doubles title.

"I had been struggling for almost two years but I finally broke out. Many people told me that they had been waiting for that moment for a long time."

It did not take long for Zhang to establish herself in the tennis world. She played her first ITF tournament at 14 in 2003 and, within four years, she had become a dominant force on that circuit. She won nine titles in 2006 and 2007.

Like other fast-rising tennis professionals, Zhang thrust herself into the WTA tour when her world ranking allowed her to do so. However, the confident player did not expect she would have to wait almost three years for a victory in the main draw after playing her first tour event in Guangzhou in 2006 as a wildcard.

In 2007, she played in main draws three times, followed by another six appearances last year, but each time she fell in the first round. Those defeats turned out to be morale-sapping for the ambitious Zhang and brought her back to earth.

"I was very confident because of my excellent performances on the ITF circuit where I won almost every tournament I entered. Everything went smoothly but when I started to play on the (WTA) tour I found everyone was very strong. I was not prepared for that."

Last year, Zhang returned to the ITF circuit and, to her surprise, she seemed to have lost the weapons she used to dominate that classification. Up until now, she has not been able to add to her list of ITF titles, the last of which was won in 2007.

"I was knocked down and had a lot of doubts," Zhang said. "I was so confused. I felt tortured."

Fortunately, she was awarded a wildcard to last month's China Open, which featured the world's top 50 players, and Zhang did not waste the opportunity. She defeated world No 33 Iveta Benesova of the Czech Republic in the first round to claim her first main-draw victory on the WTA tour.

She then shocked the world by upsetting Safina in straight sets, making her the third Chinese players to defeat a reigning world No 1 after Zheng and Li.

"The match against Benesova was one of the best I have ever played," Zhang said. "I put my whole heart and soul into it."

Later that month, the Tianjin native showed her true potential again by upsetting Zheng in the semifinals of the National Games.

"I am back on track," she said. "I hope I can break into world top 50 next season."
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SAISAI-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts valac222
SAISAI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 27th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #2
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA #1 Killa Zhang Ready Aims for Top 50 in 2010

Good on her Best wishes for 2010!
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #3
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 27th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #4
country flag Dexter
Team WTAworld
Polish & Serbian Kingdoms

Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute Dexter has a reputation beyond repute

Challenger Tournaments forum.
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 12:58 PM   #5
country flag HAOCHEN-GOAT

HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute HAOCHEN-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Exciting

There you can watch all my pics of Madrid and other tournaments Help me to share it ^^
HAOCHEN-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #6
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
Challenger Tournaments forum.
Exactly.
TeamUla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #7
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

good luck with that
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #8
country flag Slamniacki

Slamniacki has disabled reputation

jigga wha?
Slamniacki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 10:15 PM   #9
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Who????

Another golden flower... if she reaches top 100 she should be more than satisfied

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #10
country flag jefrilibra

jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute

"Killa" seriously?

Chinese goes Ghetto!
jefrilibra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #11
country flag Wonderlander

Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold Wonderlander is a splendid one to behold

TOP-50? And why not TOP-10?
She'll be lucky to score a win over a girl from that TOP-50 in 2010. And I really doubt she will.
Anyways good luck to her. Try to avoid Big Bad Nadia, Little Shuai
Wonderlander is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #12
country flag Noctis
Marcela X

Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute

Here comes the Idiots ChineseRacistDiscriminationNoRespectLowLifeBashers Haters
Gl Girl Try your best
Noctis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 01:41 AM   #13
country flag Pasta-Na

Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute Pasta-Na has a reputation beyond repute

zhang shuai

Asian-GOAT-Na Li: 11" FO & 14" AO champion + 11" & 13" AO runner-up + #2
Little-Jie(06" AO & Wim) + Pusher-Shu(13" Wim & 14" FO & WD#1) + Sucky Baby Golden Flowers.
Pasta-Na is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #14
Michael.
days are gone

Michael. has disabled reputation

GL Shuai

SHUAI ZHANG («) STEFANIE VÖGELE
peng / niculescu / pliskova / hantuchova / li
vesnina / wozniak / hsieh / pliskova / cirstea
Michael. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #15
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute

Go SHUAI!

Muguruza Tsonga Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Thiem Krajinovic Rosol
Han Zhangs Zhou Wangs ZhengSS Tang Yangs Zhu Tian XuSL

Giorgi Jovanovski Bencic Konjuh Petkovic Bouchard Wawrinka Pospisil
Zvonareva Peng Mladenovic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Vekic Kulichikova
M.P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote