Marions 2010 Tournaments - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 25th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #1
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute
Marions 2010 Tournaments

Is Marion going to play anything before the Aussie Open?! Not signed up for Brisbane, Auckland, Hobart nor Sydney. wtf?!

Last edited by Ferg : Dec 22nd, 2009 at 11:48 AM.
Ferg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 25th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #2
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future
Re: Marions 09 Tournaments

No news in France until now except she will be really focused in 2010 on grand Slam tournaments. Don't remember that in 2008, she only started her season in Sydney.

Brisbane points are not so important.

Last edited by Lighter : Nov 26th, 2009 at 06:49 PM.
Lighter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #3
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Goodness. You guys need a CHAT THREAD! Should I do the honours and start one??

ANyway, vote for Marion vs Dinara in the Sheep Cup.

Links are in my signaturE!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 10:11 AM   #4
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

After Amélie's retirement, hope that Marion will stay outside of the pressure. Because it's starting.

http://sport.europe1.fr/europe1/info...te_252538.html

"...A Marion Bartoli, Alizé Cornet et autres Aravane Rezaď de désormais se montrer ŕ la hauteur de l'héritage."
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #5
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell is this decision to play less? The competition will get to another level next year, Marion will have to battle to win points. I like the decision of focusing on bigger events and being as fresh as possible for her tournaments. But unless she proves me wrong, Marion is not Justine nor Serena... She needs matches to play well in addition. If she can have her Stanford level all year long, it would be great obviously, but she will have to work even harder on her shape to get there.

Hope she goes to Australia as early as possible to train if she doesn't want to compete there before.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #6
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
What the hell is this decision to play less? The competition will get to another level next year, Marion will have to battle to win points. I like the decision of focusing on bigger events and being as fresh as possible for her tournaments. But unless she proves me wrong, Marion is not Justine nor Serena... She needs matches to play well in addition. If she can have her Stanford level all year long, it would be great obviously, but she will have to work even harder on her shape to get there.

Hope she goes to Australia as early as possible to train if she doesn't want to compete there before.
For your information : http://www.leprogres.fr/fr/sports/au...r-Bartoli.html

Marion is very ambitious for 2010.
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #7
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post

as usual we had the same reaction. Yes she is very ambitious, but right now she hasn't exactly had the results to back this up. If she wants to focus on the big tournaments she has to have consistancy. She can't play just tier 1 or that and a few tier 2 and then lose 1/2 of those in the first round. I can see her skipping events in the start of the year and then freaking out and packing her schedule with internationals to make up for it.
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 09:36 AM   #8
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
as usual we had the same reaction. Yes she is very ambitious, but right now she hasn't exactly had the results to back this up. If she wants to focus on the big tournaments she has to have consistancy. She can't play just tier 1 or that and a few tier 2 and then lose 1/2 of those in the first round. I can see her skipping events in the start of the year and then freaking out and packing her schedule with internationals to make up for it.
She's practicing everyday. She just wants to be be focused on GS and premier events and not to be injured again. That's why she has decided to follow a new strategy in order to reach her real goal. She doesn't care to be 11 or 14, she wants to enter top 8. Svet's strategy isn't the badest.
Old Dec 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #9
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute

Sheep Cup???

Vote for MArion in the Sheep CUp! Links are in my signatur!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
A Black man fighting for his people against institutionalized racism and its supporters, whenever they raised their ugly heads. He hated White people, period. After making his Hajj to Mecca, denouncing the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, becoming a Sunni Muslim and changing his name, he could no longer justify his blanket hatred of Whites, but still fought against racism no less fervently.
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #10
country flag Alizé Molik
Championne de Wimbledon 2013

Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute Alizé Molik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
She's practicing everyday. She just wants to be be focused on GS and premier events and not to be injured again. That's why she has decided to follow a new strategy in order to reach her real goal. She doesn't care to be 11 or 14, she wants to enter top 8. Svet's strategy isn't the badest.
right but it's not as though she played an insane amount of tournaments this year. Only 24.
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #11
country flag Ferg

Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute Ferg has a reputation beyond repute

Im all for playing less tournaments but i think it stupid not to play a single one before the Australian Open.
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #12
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizé Molik View Post
right but it's not as though she played an insane amount of tournaments this year. Only 24.
But how many injurements ?
- Sydney
- Dubaď
- Eastbourne
- Newhaven
- Osaka
- Bali

Do you remember that she decided to skip Los Angeles after Stanford win.

It's a try.
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #13
country flag Lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrov View Post
Im all for playing less tournaments but i think it stupid not to play a single one before the Australian Open.
She certainly gets information we don't have. I guess she will follow Bali strategy. She will arrived very early in Melbourne for practicing when the others players should fight in Sydney and in Hobart.
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #14
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
But how many injurements ?
- Sydney
- Dubaď
- Eastbourne
- Newhaven
- Osaka
- Bali

Do you remember that she decided to skip Los Angeles after Stanford win.

It's a try.
Those 2 were pure tanking from Marion.
I see what you mean. It's true that when she has a good tournament, she is generally too tired to keep this level up (except Beijing/Tokyo). The problem is this strategy works when she plays well and has a high enough rank to get her good draws. She will be under more pressure when she will play a tournament now.

She really needs good results in Dubai, Indian Wells and Miami.

I think she could at least play Auckland. She would have a week to train in Melbourne and she would know which parts of her game work. We'll see. This plan could be good but there is no room for mistakes.

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaď - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 02:29 PM   #15
country flag Leucoptera

Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice Leucoptera is just really nice

Supporting Bartoli

euhhhhh

I mean, supporting team Bartoli
Leucoptera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote