Chat Thread for Tamira Fans - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #16
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chat Thread for Tamira Fans

Someday I should really try to watch curling. I always figured it was "bowling on ice". To spice it up, they outta have automated obstacles like ducks or beavers that the stone has to dodge...

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 08:03 PM   #17
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't even notice that you said speedskaping

I really want to try curling too...I don't think there's anywhere close to me though
I really want Greece to have a team...I think they'd be good but I don't know why
USA's women just lost 6-5 to Germany, another really close loss for us

EDIT-I just looked it up, and the Greek men do have a curling team. Ranked 33 I think but I closed the window and forgot what it says. No women team though

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #18
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute

So what is the US team's curling record at these games? What channel are you getting that on? I don't think NBC has shown any curling or hockey.

OK, so you know that Greece has a team, and that it isn't a real world power. If you practice, maybe you could try out for the team (do you have Greek ancestry?)

I was going to try this once because I was born in Trinidad--you know, use my dual citizenship to compete for Trinidad in an Olympics--but then I found out that "girlwatching" wasn't an Olympic sport....

'
Old Feb 18th, 2010, 04:14 AM   #19
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Heart Mimi View Post
So what is the US team's curling record at these games? What channel are you getting that on? I don't think NBC has shown any curling or hockey.

OK, so you know that Greece has a team, and that it isn't a real world power. If you practice, maybe you could try out for the team (do you have Greek ancestry?)

I was going to try this once because I was born in Trinidad--you know, use my dual citizenship to compete for Trinidad in an Olympics--but then I found out that "girlwatching" wasn't an Olympic sport....
1. CNBC and MSNBC also show curling. The women are 0-2 and the men are 0-3 and all matches were EXTREMELY close and the U.S. made some minor mistakes but they could easily be 2-0 and 3-0...

2. I can train and try out, but I've never even tried curling before...And I am eligible for Greek citizenship and I am working on my paperwork

3. at girlwatching . I'd win the gold if it were an Olympic sport

Old Feb 18th, 2010, 02:11 PM   #20
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
1. CNBC and MSNBC also show curling. The women are 0-2 and the men are 0-3 and all matches were EXTREMELY close and the U.S. made some minor mistakes but they could easily be 2-0 and 3-0...

2. I can train and try out, but I've never even tried curling before...And I am eligible for Greek citizenship and I am working on my paperwork

3. at girlwatching . I'd win the gold if it were an Olympic sport
Thanks. If you like it, and think you would like to be on a team, you can probably find some type of club or league. Everybody has to start somewhere. Do you live in a big city? Big cities usually have everything, lol. All it would take is an ice rink and enough people who were interested.

Big day for the US yesterday. Three golds! So happy that Vonn won after all the injuries.

'
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #21
country flag hellas719

I live in New York City, so yeah
And the US men and women bost lost 7-6 to Denmark today

Old Feb 19th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #22
country flag hellas719

The US finally won a match in curling
The women barely beat Russia

Old Feb 27th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #23
country flag hellas719

Olympics almost over

Old Feb 27th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #24
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Sucked that Ohno got DQ'd last night. He skated a great race in the SF.

'
Old Feb 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM   #25
country flag hellas719

I am so upset with myself
Last night I took a nap at about 6 PM and just woke up a few hours ago

Old May 10th, 2010, 03:37 AM   #26
country flag hellas719

Great win for your fave Aravane today
Eleni has beaten Justine twice

Old May 10th, 2010, 11:17 AM   #27
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

I am so happy about it! I was hoping maybe Aravane could take a set, but to win was totally amazing.

Just hope she can back it up with a good performance in R2.

Tamira playing challengers......

'
Old May 11th, 2010, 03:29 AM   #28
country flag hellas719

I can't stand Madrid! I hate the venue. Why all the big stadiums when it's always empty?
And the stadiums are hideous. What's with the walls?
And all the top players are losing quickly. Already Justine, Vika, Masha, Dinara, Sveta, ...
And Serena barely won today.

Old May 12th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #29
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Well, for me Madrid is quite interesting. I enjoy seeing the younger players pull off upsets and do well. No one likes to see their faves lose, but how else are you going to find new faves to watch? Maybe the guard is about to change....

Besides, Aravane has a great chance to do well here if she keeps going the way she's been playing.

'
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:23 AM   #30
country flag hellas719

I like upsets, but not when there's too many like here