Chat Thread for Tamira Fans - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 04:03 PM   #1
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Chat Thread for Tamira Fans

The offseason is so boring

I thought I'd start a chat thread for us so we can all get to know each other and have fun during the boring offseason

Let's start by introducing ourselves

I'm Andrew, I'm Greek, but I live in New York. I enjoy watching basically every sport (except auto racing, golf, and bowling ). I wouldn't really say I follow everything though . I follow basketball and football (soccer) very closely (and of course tennis ). I like basically all types of music (Greek, pop, hip-hop, R &B, most Eurovision), except for hard rock/heavy metal . I love food . I like Greek, Mexican, Texas BBQ, Italian, some Chinese, some German, etc. How about you guys?

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 04:26 PM   #2
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chat Thread for Tamira Fans

Name: Brent
Hometown: Melbourne, Florida, USA

I DO like golf and auto racing (Indycars and some F1), but agree with you on bowling--lol.

Music: anything except rap and hip-hop. Not too fond of head-banging heavy metal, either.
Favorite food: Chicken Marsala. Also like Japanese/Thai/Mexican/Italian/Greek/Lebanese & other Middle Eastern

Other interests: flight sims, computer adventure games, (American) football, reading, writing, Miyabi Isshiki and b( . )( . )bs. (lol).

I like all tennis, but most of the men's matches I collect are from the Connors-McEnroe-Borg era. For some reason I just like the tennis better from back then. Most of the matches I watch in person are women's.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 04:31 PM   #3
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourne?
I went there earlier this year

I kinda like rap/hip-hop, but not always

Who is your favorite NFL team? I root for the Jets

I like writing too

*I see that we have some faves in common (well, I have so many faves so... ), like Mimi, Sori, and Ana.
Why don't you ever post in Sorana's forum? I post there a lot. I don't post that much in Ana's forum though

Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 04:51 PM   #4
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute

You visted Melbourne? Cool. Do you have family here? The reason I ask is that hardly anyone comes to Melbourne just to visit for the fun of it. It's a pretty sleepy town. I've only been to NY once, and that was when I was about 3 or 4 years old, so I don't remember it. Hopefully, one of these years, I'll be able to go for a few days of the US Open.

I like the Jets, too. They have cool looking uniforms. I was a huge Dolphins fan for years, but after they got rid of Shula and Marino, I stopped liking them.

My interest in Sorana is pretty recent. I knew almost nothing about her before Miami this year, and someone asked me to take some photos of her, and when I did I was smitten. Since then, I've watched her matches more and more and decided that I like her game, too. She has a much better serve than a lot of young players around her age.

Garbiñe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 11:24 PM   #5
country flag hellas719

No family, just went there for the hell of it
It's really nice, but there's like no nightlife, but I went with my family so I wasn't really looking for that stuff

Yeah, I've only been a fan of Sorana since USO 2008, but I've really grown to like her more than other faves of mine
I like Olaru for example, and I've liked her since USO 2007, but I like Sorana more

Old Dec 30th, 2009, 03:58 AM   #6
country flag hellas719

Bump!

Old Feb 14th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #7
country flag hellas719

Anyone following the Olympics?

Old Feb 14th, 2010, 11:53 PM   #8
The Aravane Caravan

Yeah, I've been OD-ing on Olympics coverage. The Nordic Combined today was great. The luge, I think, was impacted by the move of the start line, because Zoeggler is the best pilot and if he had more track to make up for the bad starts I think he would have done better.

The speedskating on Day 1 was awesome. Both long and short track. I think there's going to be huge problems with weather all the way through the games.

Old Feb 15th, 2010, 02:57 AM   #9
country flag hellas719

I was so thrilled to see the Koreans bump into each other, and then the Americans stealing silver and bronze
I can't believe that Canada beat Slovakia 18-0 in women's hockey
The moguls event is actually really exciting
And RIP Nodar Kumaritashvili

Old Feb 15th, 2010, 02:45 PM   #10
The Aravane Caravan

Yeah, the Koreans botched a sweep in the 1500. Ohno and Celski were fortunate, though Ohno did skate a pretty good tactical race, trying to lead. Hope he can win at least 1 gold.

Downhill is today, supposedly. If the weather holds up. I'd like to see Bode pull out a great run and go down in a blaze of glory...

Old Feb 15th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #11
country flag hellas719

Did you just see the women's cross country race? They say Kalla (Sweden) has the best time so far and will win the gold unless an unseeded skier shocks everyone. It was exciting, between her, an Estonian, a Fin, a Norwegian, a Pole, and an Italian

Old Feb 15th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #12
The Aravane Caravan

I'm at work. Planning on watching it tonight courtesy of the DVR...

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 05:58 PM   #13
The Aravane Caravan

More short track tonight. Hope they don't show that clip of Celski almost severing his artery again. That was pretty gross.

Davis goes for gold in the 1000m speedspaking. Vonn in the women's downhill. Could be a good day for the USA.

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 06:07 PM   #14
country flag hellas719

We keep coming so close in curling
Yesterday our men lost 7-5 to Germany or something, and our women lost 8-7 or something to Japan
I also heard that our men lost in extra ends to Norway, but I didn't see it
And now our women are down 4-3 to Germany
Go USA!

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 06:38 PM   #15
The Aravane Caravan

Wow--did I really type 'speedspaking'?