Annika Beck - Page 160 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 7th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #2386
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: Annika Beck

And Annika definitely has to work on her serve.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 7th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #2387
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

I guess this is one of these matches where you can see that Annika is still new to the tour.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #2388
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

On ITF level Annika also had a lot of matches in which she couldn't close it out in the second set but back then she was mostly able to win the third. But on WTA level it's a different story.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #2389
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Annika
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #2390
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
On ITF level Annika also had a lot of matches in which she couldn't close it out in the second set but back then she was mostly able to win the third. But on WTA level it's a different story.
That is an interesting question.
It`s pretty easy to underestimate the circumstances of the fact that the tournaments are much bigger now for her and that it`s hard to keep the top level of play when she is facing quality opponents in nearly every match. Mona has made the same experience last year.

As you said she was able to get through a lot of close matches last year and many here were saying that she is mentally a tough player.
This year she is showing something different. After the good start at Shenzhen where she lost to Peng in a similar way like yesterday Annika seems to have lost some confidence and tends to fall apart in matches, especially on her own serve, even when she is in the lead.
Once again - her serve seems to be anything else but effective. Despite a first serve percentage of 67% she only managed to win about 40% of these points. We didn`t see the match but Bertens is not known as an extremely good returner. That is simply not enough.
However, Annika is new on the tour and there is still a lot to work for her. And how could it be different.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #2391
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten View Post
I will never read anything out of victories against Hsieh because Hsieh is extremely overranked and Annika can beat her anytime, don't worry Annika has beaten better players already

I've seen Bertens a couple of times now and to me she seemed to be nothing more than a solid top 100 player. She's more experienced of course and I never said Annika can't lose that one, of course she can. But its definitely a match she can win if she plays a solid match
What more than a solid top 100 player is Annika? Her wins over top 100 players are really rare so far. This year she has 2-4 against top 100. 1 win against Hsieh, and Hsieh played simply no top 300 level in this match, missing every second ball. And also Shvedova had definetly not a very good start.

And finally the result shows it: propably Bertens is "more than beatable" but obviously not for Beck in the moment.
chaton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #2392
country flag Carsten
Andy!

Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaton View Post
What more than a solid top 100 player is Annika? Her wins over top 100 players are really rare so far. This year she has 2-4 against top 100. 1 win against Hsieh, and Hsieh played simply no top 300 level in this match, missing every second ball. And also Shvedova had definetly not a very good start.

And finally the result shows it: propably Bertens is "more than beatable" but obviously not for Beck in the moment.
The only thing i said is it is a good draw and not that she's gonna win the match 6:2 6:1. And if they would meet again next week I would think the same even after Annika lost.

And still she could have won it in 2 sets but obviously once again she screwed it up because of lacking experience.
Carsten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #2393
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Because simply the level on the WTA-tour is higher...
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #2394
country flag chaton

Quote:
The only thing i said is it is a good draw and not that she's gonna win the match 6:2 6:1. And if they would meet again next week I would think the same even after Annika lost.

And still she could have won it in 2 sets but obviously once again she screwed it up because of lacking experience.
You can not decide this just with a score board. Could be too that Bertens had a weak start and stepped up her level after. We should not forget, what brought Annika into the Top 100 - solid wins on ITF-level and with very exceptions against players outside of the top 100.

In my opinion she is simply not that far most of the people think here.
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #2395
country flag chaton

Quote:

To be honest: it sounded to me a bit like that. Because if someone is "more than beatable" for me it means that it should be an easy victory.
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #2396
country flag Carsten
Andy!

Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute Carsten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
To be honest: it sounded to me a bit like that. Because if someone is "more than beatable" for me it means that it should be an easy victory.
No it just means she can win that match and won't be blown off the court for sure.
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #2397
country flag Carsten
Andy!

Quote:
You can not decide this just with a score board. Could be too that Bertens had a weak start and stepped up her level after. We should not forget, what brought Annika into the Top 100 - solid wins on ITF-level and with very exceptions against players outside of the top 100.

In my opinion she is simply not that far most of the people think here.
No i cant but what i can say is that even if Bertens plays well she doesn't blow others off the court. And considering Annika doesn't waste a lead like that for the first time one could think she's doing something wrong. And in the matches i've seen from her it was mostly because she startet playing way too passive and couldn't hold her level for the whole match.
Old Mar 8th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #2398
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Another defeat for Annika after a good start!
Too many up´s and down´s in her game, often is wasting leads also!
It has been said before here also, she had those kind of matches on ITF level also, there she was able to win it in 3 sets somehow still but WTA Tour is just a different level, here it is much tougher to come back + Annika is just not that experienced yet.
One of the biggest problems is still her serve obviously, it´s just not good enough yet, 1st set she wins 61% over 1st serve, that´s totally fine for her, 2nd set 38% and 3rd set only 23% ( and 0% over 3rd set/ wins only 3 pts on her own serve in total) and that is just sth she has to work on...we´ll see how she continues, hope she can win some matches soon again (beat Alves at least but that was a must win), she needs to do sth for her confidence, playing some ITF would help maybe but I guess that she will continue with WTA tournaments for now.
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #2399
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Indian Wells 2013 • Practice

flickr.com/photos/8581778@N06/archives/date-posted/2013/03/11/ (+ 2 similar pictures)

Last edited by CillyUltra : Mar 15th, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
CillyUltra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #2400
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Miami round 1 draw :- Annika Beck vs Urszula Radwanska.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote