Annika Beck - Page 144 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #2146
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Annika Beck

I can't believe it!
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #2147
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Beck simply lacks the weapons to put an opponent like Alves away easily.
She doesn't help herself with her allergy to the net. She is getting lots of weak loopy balls back but is too content to stay back and hit them. Most of these wouldn't even be remotely tough volleys.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #2148
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
She doesn't help herself with her allergy to the net. She is getting lots of weak loopy balls back but is too content to stay back and hit them. Most of these wouldn't even be remotely tough volleys.
That has been a problem the whole year. Het net game is very weak.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #2149
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

1/12 bei den Breakchancen im 2.Satz

Und das hat auch nichts mit fehlenden Waffen oder so zu tun.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #2150
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes Alves is looping back most of the balls. Annika is not playing a clever match. But one has to say Alves is playing better here than expected.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #2151
country flag supermod

supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of supermod has much to be proud of

Und jetzt ein Break bitte.
supermod is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #2152
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes Alves is looping back most of the balls. Annika is not playing a clever match. But one has to say Alves is playing better here than expected.
She has probably never experienced a match like this, where the whole place including the line judges are rooting against her while she has to be the agressive player.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #2153
country flag KatjaS

Another incorrect line call attempted against her. Ridiculous. The WTA really needs to have people on site to prevent something like this.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #2154
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Another incorrect line call attempted against her. Ridiculous.
I don't think so this time.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #2155
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That has been a problem the whole year. Het net game is very weak.
Yes. This leaves her in an awkward position though. She lacks the outright power to just plain blast through her opponent, but can easily press her onto the back foot. The result is a lot of balls that would be easy put aways keep coming back to her. You wouldn't even need great volley skills to put most of these balls away.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #2156
country flag ozza

Alves is plain moonballing atm.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #2157
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
I don't think so this time.
That was at least the 10th overrule in favor of Annika and it was directly in front of the umpire's chair.
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #2158
country flag Bodensee

Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of

Today Beck must play against Alves, referees and audience.
Bodensee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #2159
country flag crazillo

Quote:
That was at least the 10th overrule in favor of Annika and it was directly in front of the umpire's chair.
Oh maybe my stream is slower than yours, and I didn't watch the first set, sorry.

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #2160
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Yes. This leaves her in an awkward position though. She lacks the outright power to just plain blast through her opponent, but can easily press her onto the back foot. The result is a lot of balls that would be easy put aways keep coming back to her. You wouldn't even need great volley skills to put most of these balls away.
She probably could put them away, but she just doesn't have the mindset to go for it.