Sofia "Sonya" Kenin - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #16
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sofia "Sonya" Kenin

Sonya's website was updated and it turns out she has grown quite a lot: she's 5'2" which is 1,57m (not 1,625m as her website states). That's definitely good news as her height seemed to be an important issue before.

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Freakan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:31 PM   #17
country flag Freakan

Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute Freakan has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie Herr U14 turned out to be a great tournament with a very disappointing ending.
Suprisingly (she wasn't the favorite) until the final she was totally dominating the field winning easily against quality opponents without dropping more than 3 games in a set: 6/0 6/0; 6/3 6/1; 6/2 6/2; 6/3 6/0; 6/3 6/2. It seemed that the final would be the same story when she was 6:1 5:2 up againts Fanny Stollar from Hungary but then she choked massively while her opponent raised her level and eventually Sofia lost 6/1 5/7 3/6.
I really liked her game - very mature for her age. She hits quite hard, has great variety, mixes up the pace, has nice drop shots, creates nice angles and seemed pretty composed until the choke happened. She doesn't really have any big weaknesses (well she's short and you could see that her limited reach did hurt her a few times) and should be developing into a very good player.
It was probably the biggest match of her career, so I can understand the choke, hopefully she'll learn from this and take the title at Orange Bowl

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #18
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Pics from Eddie Herr

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #19
country flag Freakan

If there's an award for a player with crappiest draws, Sofia will have no competition.
She lost to Jokic 1/6 2/6 at Nike Junior Cup in 1/8 finals which means in her last 4 losses she always lost to the eventual winner. The worst part is that besides Eddie Herr, where she was a RU, she had to face the eventual winner very early: in 1/8 and twice in 1/16 and the players she lost to were very dominant in other matches. Also, in her last 6 losses, she faced the eventual winner 5 times.
The bad luck has to end someday, hopefully it'll be soon

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #20
country flag jusluvinjrtennis

jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light

I know your a big fan and that's great. I just wasn't as impressed with her game. She was spraying balls all over the place and I didn't see the pace. Good little player for sure but has a ways to go. As far as the bad draws, well, she is playing in her age group so to lose to the eventual winner that many times is just saying that there are quite a few girls better than her. I would agree with you but she's 14 now and playing in the 14's. Just my thoughts.
jusluvinjrtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #21
country flag Freakan

Well when did you see her? Because in Eddie Herr final until 6:1 5:2 she was very impressive and didn't make too many UE's at all, after that she just got very nervous and made some ridiculous errors... She's short, so she's gonna need more time to develop her game than players like Abanda.
As for the draws - not exactly. 2 of these tournaments were U14 (2 of 3 biggest U14 tournaments there are) and 2 were U18, so it's not like she's getting spanked by medicore girls her age (she's born in November and at that stage girls born at the beginning of the year have a huge advantage over her). She's also on entry list for a 25k in USA in January, so she's just mixing up all kinds of tournaments. But I agree there are girls her age that are than her but 1st year on junior tour is just the beginning, you start from scratch, so many things depend on luck, draws etc (e.g. Shishkina is ranked outside Top 150 even though her results show she's already playing Top 30 tennis while highest ranked girl from '98 is Xu who's just been whoring up weak Chinese tournaments all year long).

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #22
country flag jusluvinjrtennis

jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light jusluvinjrtennis is a glorious beacon of light

What your saying is definitely true.

quote: 98 is Xu who's just been whoring up weak Chinese tournaments all year long).

haha now that is funny!!! (and true)
jusluvinjrtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #23
country flag Freakan

Here we go again
She got Gorches in 2nd tound at Orange Bowl - Mexican girl who had a very good year on junior tour and is probably among 5 highest ranked players in the draw. I do think Sofia is the favourite between these 2 but it'll be a tough match for sure.

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #24

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Sofia's received a Q WC for 25K Port St. Lucie this week-end. But she was unlucky and drew (2)Laura Thorpe. Do your best, Sofia.

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #25
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Sofia!
moodin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #26

Lost 4 & 2. Not so bad a scoreline against someone experimented!

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #27
country flag Freakan

Quite a nice result Bad draw isn't a surprise anymore, I guess

Welcome Back:
Dokic Karatancheva
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 02:58 AM   #28

She got a QWC for 10K Gainesville qualies this week-end.

Q1 vs. (6)Kristy Frilling

Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 02:23 PM   #29
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck Sofia!!
moodin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #30
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

She beat Frilling
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote