Russian titles - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 01:39 PM   #16
country flag ßcoene

ßcoene has a brilliant future ßcoene has a brilliant future ßcoene has a brilliant future ßcoene has a brilliant future ßcoene has a brilliant future ßcoene has a brilliant future ßcoene has a brilliant future ßcoene has a brilliant future ßcoene has a brilliant future ßcoene has a brilliant future ßcoene has a brilliant future
The next winner will be Vera Z. or Anna K., I think.
ßcoene is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 01:54 PM   #17
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
The next winner will be whichever one of the 2002 titlists (Safina, Myskina, Bovina, Kusnetsova) plays another small event, or it could be Vera Z or MAYBE, Nadya. Isn't Nadya in Bali this week?

I seriously doubt that the next winner will be Anna K. or Elena D. The competition in the Tier 1 &2s is too much, and they have not shown that they have what it takes to close out even a small tournament.

And I agree with Eggy, the ones who refuse to play the small events will find their title dreams still unfulfilled.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2002, 07:28 PM   #18
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
I think Lina or Sveta are quite likely to win Bali. Hopefully Lina. She needs it more. Well , that would take her out of Moscow though..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2002, 08:29 PM   #19
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Ooops, Nadya is in Leipzig, not Bali as I thought.
Well, Lina beat Cara Black so she is off and running to win Bali! Go Lina! Be the next!
Old Sep 24th, 2002, 09:29 PM   #20
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
I'd be quite happy to see Lina not playing Moscow if it means her winning Bali
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2002, 01:19 AM   #21
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Oh Eggy! I want to see Lina play the Ladies Kremlin Cup!

Udachi LIna!
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:24 AM   #22
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
add another title to that list

Sveta onto 2 titles now
hopefully a 3rd by end of this week
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 01:09 PM   #23
auntie janie

Quote:
The next winner will be whichever one of the 2002 titlists (Safina, Myskina, Bovina, Kusnetsova) plays another small event ...
Ain't I smart, guys?
Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 03:11 AM   #24
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
Good hit, janie! Next one?

I say, Kusnetsova moves to #3..

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 04:07 PM   #25
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

SO we are not getting a new titlist tomorrow... But Russia gets its title #9. Considering that we had just 2 some nine months ago, this is a huge progress..

PLAY TENNIS!
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 01:35 AM   #26
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
zvonareva has a great chance next week to win a title but i hoped lina would do it this week and i really want elena d to win as well.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 02:30 AM   #27
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute
Vera will win Memphis!! (she'll win the doubles too with Bea )

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 10:14 PM   #28
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

So, who is the next? Someone Indian Wells? That would make my year.. Someone Sarasota? Could be..

But I got teh impression that the only player with any reasonable consistency now is Nastya..
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 10:48 PM   #29
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys

But I got teh impression that the only player with any reasonable consistency now is Nastya..
That depends what do you understand by the word consistency. Consistency of winning Tier-3b tournaments or consistency of winning Grand Slam or Tier-1. The first type of consistency many girls possess, the second none, not even Nastya.
Old Mar 4th, 2003, 10:56 PM   #30
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
if lina was playing indian wells i would have said she had slight chance their but she isn't. petrova is still inconsistent from match to match losing in the 2nd round qualies 6-3 6-4. the day before she had won 6-2 6-1.

bovina has a good chance at indian wells. and i would put myskina up there as an outside chance.

myskina, kuznetsova and zvonareva are all in the same little section at indian wells so the player that gets through that section must be playing well and surely has at least a small shot.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote