If JJ and Ana could get back ... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2010, 03:04 PM   #1
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute
If JJ and Ana could get back ...

... to their levelof play while Kim and Justine were away, we could really be treated to the most depth top 10 since the late 90's, early 00's when we had Venus, Serena, Martina, Lindsay, Jennifer, Monica, Arantxa, Conchita, Anna Kournikova, Mary Pierce all battling.

Let's hope they do. Women's tennis needs another positive push!
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2010, 03:07 PM   #2
country flag mboyle

mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute mboyle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If JJ and Ana could get back ...

well we need Sharapova back too...
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 03:18 PM   #3
country flag tennisIlove09

tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute tennisIlove09 has a reputation beyond repute

^ true and fair
tennisIlove09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Julian

Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of Julian has much to be proud of

I can't wait for the Serbs to regain their form not to mention the Russians: Dinara, Elena, Maria, Sveta, Nadia, and even Vera and Maria K, to become contenders with the Williams and the Belgians
We also now have the Chinese girls who are contenders now, and I think in a few years time the tour would hopefully be at its peak (with the younger ones also improving: Wozniacki, Azarenka, Wickmayer, and Radwanska).

1989, 1994, 1998 French Open Champion, 1994 U.S. Open Champion
1994, 1995 Australian Open Finalist, 1995, 1996 Wimbledon Finalist
4- Time Olympic Medalist, 5-Time Fed Cup Winning Team, Inducted into Hall of Fame in 2007!!!
Julian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 04:44 PM   #5
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane-Kim Clijsters
Sydney-Elena Dementieva
AO-Serena Williams

old school depth!!!
yea!!
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 04:50 PM   #6
country flag trufanjay

trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of trufanjay has much to be proud of

Yeah, I think with those two playing high quality tennis and Maria Sharapova back to her great level then the tour would be very entertaining.

It's great to be a fan of the two most talented women in tennis.

Only IDIOTS count out the Williams sisters!!!
Serena: 13 Slams, ranked: #1
Venus: 7 Slams, ranked: #2
trufanjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 08:26 PM   #7
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

Whether you love them or hate them, you got to admit that the Serbs are great for the WTA when they're doing well. Anybody who says otherwise is kidding themselves.
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 08:36 PM   #8
country flag colt13

colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold colt13 is a splendid one to behold

A solid top 10 player and competetive in slams is something I would be happy with. Fun Fact.
Ana Ivanovic- 12 weeks as #1, 1 GS, 3 Slam finals.
Andy Roddick- 13 weeks as #1, 1 GS, 5 Slam finals.
colt13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 09:00 PM   #9
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like the dark years of the WTA are finally over - Kim, Justine and Maria will be great assets to the top 10 once they get there (which is only a matter of time). It's hard not to see JJ getting back to some kind of form soon, but Ana is still a mystery for me. IF she could get back there, the worlds elite would look pretty damn impressive.

The ideal top 10 would include; (in no particular order)
Serena
Venus
Clijsters
Henin
Sharapova
Kuznetsova
Dementieva
Ivanovic
Jankovic
*youngster* - probably Azarenka

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 09:20 PM   #10
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
It looks like the dark years of the WTA are finally over - Kim, Justine and Maria will be great assets to the top 10 once they get there (which is only a matter of time). It's hard not to see JJ getting back to some kind of form soon, but Ana is still a mystery for me. IF she could get back there, the worlds elite would look pretty damn impressive.

The ideal top 10 would include; (in no particular order)
Serena
Venus
Clijsters
Henin
Sharapova
Kuznetsova
Dementieva
Ivanovic
Jankovic
*youngster* - probably Azarenka
+ Wozniacki

She ain´t leaving the top 10 until the US Open...

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 09:39 PM   #11
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumpnovic View Post
+ Wozniacki

She ain´t leaving the top 10 until the US Open...
I think Caro will be top 10 for most of her career (if she stays injury free). But I'm not sure if including her in the "ideal" top 10 is suitable.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 10:01 PM   #12
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute

IF everyone would play to their capabilities, the top 30 would be so intense, forget just the top 10! Think about it....
Serena
Venus
Clijsters
Henin
Lusicki
Hantuchova
Cibulkova
Peer
Wozniacki
Azarenka
Safina
Sharapova
Dementieva
Petrova
Kuznetsova
Zvonareva
Jankovic
Ivanovic
Radwanska
Wixkmayer
Dokic
Bartoli
Li
Pennetta
Stosur

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 10:04 PM   #13
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute Havok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt13 View Post
A solid top 10 player and competetive in slams is something I would be happy with. Fun Fact.
Ana Ivanovic- 12 weeks as #1, 1 GS, 3 Slam finals.
Andy Roddick- 13 weeks as #1, 1 GS, 5 Slam finals.
Please don't compare Roddick to Ivanovic. Roddick's "slump" saw him briefly drop out of the top 10 for a handful of weeks, I believe never falling out of the top 15. Plus it happened many years after his maiden GS title, not immediately after he won his like Ivanovic.

I would love to see Ana back and playing to her potential, however. Her current state of tennis is simply atrocious and really not fun to see especially from a girl with that much talent!

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 10:24 PM   #14
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by H!gH View Post
Brisbane-Kim Clijsters d. Justine Henin
Sydney-Elena Dementieva d. Serena Williams
AO-Serena Williams d. Justine Henin

old school depth!!!
yea!!
fixed it for ya

THAT'S AMAZING!
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 10:52 PM   #15
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

first 3 finals
ce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote