kathy jordan love foundation - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 28th, 2009, 10:20 PM   #16
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: kathy jordan love foundation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksasha View Post
Tooey! There is a reason why no one has a collection of her matches! The girl had an ATTITUDE! Not to mention all the girls who had to go to the hospital for the wrist injury they sustained trying to copy her slice backhand.

My tennis website has over 100 pages dedicated to all the greats of the past.... you wont find no KJ page there honey!

Phooey!
Wouldnt say I've got a 'collection' but I still have her Wimbly Mixed Doubles Final '86 and Wimbly Womens Doubles Final '90.

I used to like her.

Titles (4) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai
Doubles - (Rank : 11) (High : 9)
Titles - (11) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, (QF WIMBLEDON), 2013 - Bad Gastein, (w/sfar QF WIMBLEDON)
AdeyC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 28th, 2009, 11:02 PM   #17
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

well you certainly cant deny that she is interesting!! the girl had game. she was just uncommonly unpleasant.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 12:51 AM   #18
country flag trivfun

trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of

Give her credit. With all her brains, talent, and temperment like most non-champions, she didn't marry a toad. A true champion in my book.
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 01:59 AM   #19
country flag Ricksasha

Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice

Jordan's commentary during the 1988 Slims of Houston final was way off, it was so obvious she
dosent respect Evert. Wow, talk about having egg on your face! And then there was that
awkward post match interview between Evert and Jordan, you could feel the tension!

One of my favorite matches I have is their 1980 French Open Quarterfinal, where Evert
slaughters Jordan 2 and 0. Jordan tried to attack Evert, which clearly didnt work, so then
she tried being the retriever! Even more of a disaster. Oh, how I enjoy watching that one.

"I started playing tennis when I was 4, but I didnt start playing seriously until I was 8." Kathy Rinaldi
Ricksasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 02:47 AM   #20
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Jordan's commentary during the 1988 Slims of Houston final was way off, it was so obvious she
dosent respect Evert. Wow, talk about having egg on your face! And then there was that
awkward post match interview between Evert and Jordan, you could feel the tension!

One of my favorite matches I have is their 1980 French Open Quarterfinal, where Evert
slaughters Jordan 2 and 0. Jordan tried to attack Evert, which clearly didnt work, so then
she tried being the retriever! Even more of a disaster. Oh, how I enjoy watching that one.
well the 1980 match is a bit on the young side for kathy; she certainly hadnt developed her...her....oh whatever that was that she did.

but yeah, how about when the other commentator says to chris, "kathy wants to ask you a question from up in the booth" and chrissie's eyes dart around quickly as if lookinig for an escape route, and then she kind of goes, 'yeah, yeah' but she didn't mean it. I dont remember what the question was but i do remember chris didnt quite know what she was getting at and brushed it off.

[edit* i think in chris' mind, WHATEVER kathy's "question" was, it was still just code for 'hey...remember wimbledon 1983??' ...and 'how about virginia slims 1R 1985??!!!' ]
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #21
country flag Pat Bateman

Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all Pat Bateman is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
well you certainly cant deny that she is interesting!! the girl had game. she was just uncommonly unpleasant.
No kidding! She and Martina played a really...interesting match in Australia in the early 80s. You could clearly make out that they were cursing at each other during various moments.
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #22
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
her evidence was that martina played more like her, and she saw no value in playing the way evert played.
DazeOh you are joking? Was she really biased against the baseline players? Mind you she did have a few famous wins over Evert!!!
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #23
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
Sister Barbara obviously got all the brains in that family. I loved the way that Evert refused to even call her by her first name in interviews. It was always "Pam, Tracy, Hana..." but Kathy was always just "Jordan"!
Is that right? Not like Evert to adopt that attitude so there must have been an issue with Kathy. It couldnt have been a Jordan family thing because I once read Barbara saying that Chrissie killed herself laughing in 1980 when she ribbed Chris that she had an Australian Open title and she didnt!!!
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 08:58 AM   #24
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by preacherfan View Post
But don't you wish we had more variety in today's game. Sure, Kathy was different, but she was a relentless attacker. Great athleticism. Anne Smith once commented that she always analyzed angles and such, while Kathy was like "Just hit the ball!" They were a great doubles team. I was glad for any team to challenge Navratilova/Shriver a little.
I agree and I did think that Jordan was very different. Again with the saga of Austin and singles, it is possible that the Navratilova/Shriver dominance would have been less enduring and complete if Jordan and Smith had carried on playing through the 80s. I mean when Martina and Pam appeared it was Jordan/Smith who were number one. But by mid 82 they were not really the same pair and of course Anne was about to temporarily retire.
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #25
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Wouldnt say I've got a 'collection' but I still have her Wimbly Mixed Doubles Final '86 and Wimbly Womens Doubles Final '90.

I used to like her.
Welcome back!Nice to hear from you. I remember that mixed final in 86- she and Flach beat Gunthardt and Navratilova.
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #26
country flag iainmac

Quote:
DazeAnd I have never seen anyone, not even Petrova, who made so little effort to smile!!!!!
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #27
country flag iainmac

[quote=trivfun;16737620]Give her credit. With all her brains, talent, and temperment like most non-champions, she didn't marry a toad. A true champion in my book.[/QUOTE

Does anyone know what she is doing now? Is she married or is she gay? I could never work that out about her to be honest?
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #28
country flag iainmac

Quote:

I just dont get Rickwhy she was like that with Evert. I mean she did beat her more than most players ever did, but she didnt have a reason to dislike her that we know of. What surprised me about the 80 French Open was that Kathy even got to that stage. She defeated Hanika in the last 16. I dont know what her tactics were but it is a surprise. By the way thanks for my DVDs, sorry I didnt email. I could cry they are so brilliant!!!!
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #29
country flag iainmac

Quote:
well the 1980 match is a bit on the young side for kathy; she certainly hadnt developed her...her....oh whatever that was that she did.

but yeah, how about when the other commentator says to chris, "kathy wants to ask you a question from up in the booth" and chrissie's eyes dart around quickly as if lookinig for an escape route, and then she kind of goes, 'yeah, yeah' but she didn't mean it. I dont remember what the question was but i do remember chris didnt quite know what she was getting at and brushed it off.

[edit* i think in chris' mind, WHATEVER kathy's "question" was, it was still just code for 'hey...remember wimbledon 1983??' ...and 'how about virginia slims 1R 1985??!!!' ]
DazeAnd to give Jordan credit what about 84 Eastbourne? That was the best tennis I have ever seen a man or woman play in winds that were almost storm like. That was the best I ever saw Kathy play.
Old Oct 29th, 2009, 09:08 AM   #30
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
No kidding! She and Martina played a really...interesting match in Australia in the early 80s. You could clearly make out that they were cursing at each other during various moments.
PatThat is brilliant. So not only did she annoy Evert she also did so with Navratilova as well. I cant imagine she exactly loved Austin or Shriver either. Would be interesting to know. In fact did she even like her own sister and Anne Smith?