kathy jordan love foundation - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2009, 09:52 PM   #1
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold
kathy jordan love foundation

'kathy jordan love foundation' ...yeah, you read it right. kathy jordan...she was a virtual BEACON of love. and WARMTH too. <sneer> ... <spit>

so i was messaging a friend about this concept, and really how could it not be that somewhere in the world, on this big blue green earth, that someone has not taken the time to painstakingly gather all her matches and memorabilia?!!

the slice backhand. the bratty facial ticks. the thin-legged 'just got off the horse' walking gate. and yes, the wipe your nose under your sleeve move; often imitated never duplicated!

so this is a call out, if you will, to THAT person. cuz i know you are out there, and i know you read these threads.

speak up! the microphone is yours...

pictured here: 1983 australian open runner-up, KATHY JORDAN.

Last edited by daze11 : Nov 9th, 2009 at 03:42 PM.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #2
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all
Re: kathy jordan love foundation

I always detested Kathy Jordan! The sour expression on her face, the horrible groundstrokes and the way she always seemed to be covered in straps, as if she was going to fall apart at any minute. What I hated most of all about her, though, was her service action. She seemed to take forever and a day, and I used to always pray that she would get her first serve in, cos she seemed to take even longer with her second serve! She would bounce the ball about twenty times, bending lower and lower until her nose was almost on the ground, then jerk herself up with a creaking action that you could almost hear, emitting a grunting noise as she did so. Can you imagine watching a match between her and that other slow server, Sylvia Hanika?
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #3
country flag Ricksasha

Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice

Tooey! There is a reason why no one has a collection of her matches! The girl had an ATTITUDE! Not to mention all the girls who had to go to the hospital for the wrist injury they sustained trying to copy her slice backhand.

My tennis website has over 100 pages dedicated to all the greats of the past.... you wont find no KJ page there honey!

Phooey!

"I started playing tennis when I was 4, but I didnt start playing seriously until I was 8." Kathy Rinaldi
Ricksasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #4
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
I always detested Kathy Jordan! The sour expression on her face, the horrible groundstrokes and the way she always seemed to be covered in straps, as if she was going to fall apart at any minute. What I hated most of all about her, though, was her service action.
you don't say!!
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #5
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
'kathy jordan love foundation' ...yeah, you read it right. kathy jordan...she was a virtual BEACON of love. and WARMTH too. <sneer> ... <spit>

so i was messaging a friend about this concept, and really how could it not be that somewhere in the world, on this big blue green earth, that someone has not taken the time to painstakingly gather all her matches and memorabilia?!!

the slice backhand. the bratty facial ticks. the thin-legged 'just got off the horse' walking gate. and yes, the wipe your nose under your sleeve move; often imitated never duplicated!

so this is a call out, if you will, to THAT person. cuz i know you are out there, and i know you read these threads.

speak up! the microphone is yours...

pictured here: 1983 australian open runner-up, KATHY JORDAN.
You know what, she wasnt everyones cup of tea but I liked Kathy Jordan and all her eccentric and moody antics. And that famous backhand and serve!!!!!
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #6
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumarokov-Elston View Post
I always detested Kathy Jordan! The sour expression on her face, the horrible groundstrokes and the way she always seemed to be covered in straps, as if she was going to fall apart at any minute. What I hated most of all about her, though, was her service action. She seemed to take forever and a day, and I used to always pray that she would get her first serve in, cos she seemed to take even longer with her second serve! She would bounce the ball about twenty times, bending lower and lower until her nose was almost on the ground, then jerk herself up with a creaking action that you could almost hear, emitting a grunting noise as she did so. Can you imagine watching a match between her and that other slow server, Sylvia Hanika?
No I actually liked her because her style was so different. But you have a point re the serving and time taken. She and Hanika played a few times at the French Open. Can you imagine the time they would have took between and even during points?
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #7
country flag iainmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksasha View Post
Tooey! There is a reason why no one has a collection of her matches! The girl had an ATTITUDE! Not to mention all the girls who had to go to the hospital for the wrist injury they sustained trying to copy her slice backhand.

My tennis website has over 100 pages dedicated to all the greats of the past.... you wont find no KJ page there honey!

Phooey!
Ah well my friend and here was me hoping you would have Anne Hobbs beating her in the 80 Wightman Cup!!!
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #8
country flag iainmac

Quote:
you don't say!!
Daze, I am so different with my tastes- see men- that I cant be trusted but I liked her service action!!!!
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 03:51 PM   #9
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
Daze, I am so different with my tastes- see men- that I cant be trusted but I liked her service action!!!!
it did have a certain crane and curl in its motion. i imagine you have seen that type of motion from behind on many occasions, so subconsciously it is attractive to your psyche to see it so painfully played out, combined with the joy you already attribute to womens tennis!!!
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #10
country flag daze11

i especially loved KJ as a commentator during the 1988 houston final... "you know, martina's gonna win" she said..."but chris has won the last 2 out of 3 they played, and this is CLAY!" she was told... "martina, in straight sets" she replied... then 0-6 later... "she's just getting warmed up..." etc etc
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #11
country flag iainmac

Quote:
it did have a certain crane and curl in its motion. i imagine you have seen that type of motion from behind on many occasions, so subconsciously it is attractive to your psyche to see it so painfully played out, combined with the joy you already attribute to womens tennis!!!
DazeThat is a good one, it really is. Yes I never thought before about the Freudian influence of the Jordan serve on me. It wasnt the most attractive motion in the world but the whole concept of the movement- yes you could be correct there fella!!!
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #12
country flag iainmac

Quote:
i especially loved KJ as a commentator during the 1988 houston final... "you know, martina's gonna win" she said..."but chris has won the last 2 out of 3 they played, and this is CLAY!" she was told... "martina, in straight sets" she replied... then 0-6 later... "she's just getting warmed up..." etc etc
DazeI take it that her career as a commentator was very brief then. I mean that Houston final had to be one of the easiest ever wins for Evert over Navratilova. And apart from the semis of the French Open in 87 I cant imagine that Jordan had much evidence to base her decisive opinion on????
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #13
country flag daze11

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmac View Post
DazeI take it that her career as a commentator was very brief then. I mean that Houston final had to be one of the easiest ever wins for Evert over Navratilova. And apart from the semis of the French Open in 87 I cant imagine that Jordan had much evidence to base her decisive opinion on????
her evidence was that martina played more like her, and she saw no value in playing the way evert played.
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #14
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all

Quote:
Sister Barbara obviously got all the brains in that family. I loved the way that Evert refused to even call her by her first name in interviews. It was always "Pam, Tracy, Hana..." but Kathy was always just "Jordan"!
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #15
country flag preacherfan

preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all preacherfan is a name known to all

But don't you wish we had more variety in today's game. Sure, Kathy was different, but she was a relentless attacker. Great athleticism. Anne Smith once commented that she always analyzed angles and such, while Kathy was like "Just hit the ball!" They were a great doubles team. I was glad for any team to challenge Navratilova/Shriver a little.