Paraguay hosting 2010 Fed Cup, Americas Zone - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 4th, 2010, 01:27 AM   #31
spotsyboy

spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of
Re: Paraguay hosting 2010 Fed Cup, Americas Zone

With the results, it seems pretty likely it's going to come down to Canada, Brazil, Paraguay and Colombia....I suppose Rossana will play Mariana and not Catalina, correct?
Either way, I'd love to see a Canada/Paraguay final with Paraguay winning!! Wouldn't that be the coolest?
VAMOS!!
spotsyboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2010, 01:34 AM   #32
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotsyboy View Post
With the results, it seems pretty likely it's going to come down to Canada, Brazil, Paraguay and Colombia....I suppose Rossana will play Mariana and not Catalina, correct?
Either way, I'd love to see a Canada/Paraguay final with Paraguay winning!! Wouldn't that be the coolest?
VAMOS!!
Nope

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 01:48 AM   #33
country flag Hayato

Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute Hayato has a reputation beyond repute

Veronica Rossana Mariana Catalina

All winning easily in the same day Good job from Mariana especially.

Canada as always with a cake-walk draw Let's see Paraguay win the whole thing Or Colombia!

Suerte chicas!!!
Hayato is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 01:57 AM   #34
country flag exposbabe

exposbabe has much to be proud of exposbabe has much to be proud of exposbabe has much to be proud of exposbabe has much to be proud of exposbabe has much to be proud of exposbabe has much to be proud of exposbabe has much to be proud of exposbabe has much to be proud of exposbabe has much to be proud of exposbabe has much to be proud of exposbabe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Loads of player play both single and double every day, and with Aleks and Sharon who are both good double players they can change the team every day if one is more tired than the other after the single
Yes, I'm aware of this ;-) It's just not ideal.

Wozniak is not a good doubles player, but it should be good enough for the purposes here. She probably could be pretty good, but she doesn't play often. She's not a bad mixed doubles player though.

I watched her match in Australia against Liga Dekmeijere and Elena Baltacha and I don't think she put away more than two volleys. Just not the same confidence.
exposbabe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 03:03 AM   #35
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by exposbabe View Post
Yes, I'm aware of this ;-) It's just not ideal.

Wozniak is not a good doubles player, but it should be good enough for the purposes here. She probably could be pretty good, but she doesn't play often. She's not a bad mixed doubles player though.

I watched her match in Australia against Liga Dekmeijere and Elena Baltacha and I don't think she put away more than two volleys. Just not the same confidence.
I think Aleks could be easily in the top 100 in double if she was playing more, I do thi.nk that Sharon is a better double player than her though

Of course it's not ideal, but as Aleks won't play in february it's not too bad, they'll probably make her play more, good practice matches for her confidence.

Old Feb 4th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #36
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Great scoreline for Yamile

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #37
country flag Ryan
NeverWoz

Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute Ryan has a reputation beyond repute

WD Canucks, though I'm wondering if anything's wrong with Aleks losing 6 games.

I don't think playing doubles will tire Aleks or Sharon if they place twice a day - its like an extra practice session basically, in terms of time and most likely intensity.
Ryan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #38
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Cecilia Costa Melgar (CHI) d. Catalina Castano (COL) 6-1 6-3
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #39
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Duque Marino beat Koch Benvenuto in two.
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 10:16 PM   #40
spotsyboy

spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of spotsyboy has much to be proud of

Wow, even for Catalina these days, that's a tough loss
But does anyone know if there's a live feed from the event online somewhere?
VAMOS Rossana!
spotsyboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #41
country flag Juarito

Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
Cecilia Costa Melgar (CHI) d. Catalina Castano (COL) 6-1 6-3
WTF
Catalina
Juarito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 11:45 PM   #42
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Duque and Castiblanco beat Koch and Silva 7-6(11) 6-2 to give Colombia 2-1 win over Chile.

Paraguay - Bolivia 2-0
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 12:16 AM   #43
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

http://www.apt.com.py/Default2.aspx

Paraguay def. Bolivia 3-0

Cepede Royg d. Deheza 62 61
De Los Rios d. Alvarez-Teran 63 67(2) 63
Enrique/Robbiani d. Deheza/Rivera 62 60

Colombia def. Chile 2-1

Costa Melgar d. Castano 61 63
Duque Marino d. Koch Benvenuto 62 62
Duque Marino/Castiblanco Duarte d. Koch Benvenuto/Silva 76(12) 62

Canada def. Puerto Rico 3-0

Fichman d. Puig 62 75
Wozniak d. Roland 62 62
Fichman/Pelletier d. Portela/Vazquez 60 61

Brazil def. Cuba 3-0

Duarte d. Diaz Hernandez 63 60
Alves d. Díaz González 61 63
Alburquenque/Vaisemberg d. Fors-Guerra/Días Hernández 62 63
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 01:28 AM   #44
country flag Vincey!

Canada is still dominant ...I'm surprised how easily they won the double ...even more since Pelletier played with two different partners

Old Feb 5th, 2010, 01:29 AM   #45
country flag Broseghini

Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute

Brazil Beat Canada now

MARIA KIRILENKO | ALIZE CORNET | MARION BARTOLI
MARIA SHARAPOVA | JELENA JANKOVIC | ANA IVANOVIC | CAROLINE GARCIA
Broseghini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote