Yays for Yana Koroleva! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 30th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #46
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Yays for Yana Koroleva!

Yana takes down the youngster, 0 & 2, and defends her QF result from last year.

Now another youngster: 15 y.o. and #7 seed Katerina Stewart is next.
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2013, 11:58 PM   #47
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Yana steamrolled Katerina to make her first SF of the year! Now faces 25 y.o. unranked qualifier Michelle Sammons for a spot in the final.

Yana's got this, right?
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 07:56 AM   #48
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Yana steamrolled Katerina to make her first SF of the year! Now faces 25 y.o. unranked qualifier Michelle Sammons for a spot in the final.

Yana's got this, right?
Of course, she's russian !

But well done, Yana

Valeria Savinykh

Vitalia Diatchenko - Ekaterina Makarova - Masha Kirilenko - Masha Sharapova - Alisa Kleybanova - Alexandra Panova - Ksenia Pervak - Valeria Solovyeva
Good luck to all russian players
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 06:24 PM   #49
Tennis Fool

Yana defeated Michelle, 4 & 3, to make her first final since 2009!

Faces WC Haley Carter for the title! Yana is 1-0 against her. Go Yana!
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 08:10 AM   #50
country flag Phenomareva

Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of Phenomareva has much to be proud of

Yana won 7-5, 6-4 . Congrats on the title, Yana

Valeria Savinykh

Vitalia Diatchenko - Ekaterina Makarova - Masha Kirilenko - Masha Sharapova - Alisa Kleybanova - Alexandra Panova - Ksenia Pervak - Valeria Solovyeva
Good luck to all russian players
Phenomareva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 03:17 AM   #51
Tennis Fool

CONGRATS to Yana on her second pro title! Here's an article on it!

Clemson's Yana Koroleva tops local favorite Hayley Carter in Women's $10,000 USTA Pro event finals

Published: June 2, 2013

Yana Koroleva, right, shows off the winner's prize next to runner-up Haley Carter following Sunday's final match of the Head/First Federal Women's $10,000 USTA Pro Circuit Tournament at the Van Der Meer Tennis Center.
Mike McCombs/Staff photo

By MIKE McCOMBS — mmccombs@islandpacket.com
The third trip to Hilton Head Island was a charm for Yana Koroleva.

In her third appearance in the event, the rising Clemson junior from Moscow knocked off local favorite Hayley Carter in straight sets, 7-5, 6-4, on Sunday to win the Head/First Federal Women's $10,000 USTA Pro Circuit Tournament at the Van Der Meer Tennis Center.

"I love it here," Koroleva told the crowd after the match. "And now winning this tournament will stay in my memory forever."

Koroleva, the 776th-ranked player in the world and the ITA's 16th-ranked college singles player, spoiled the title shot of Carter, a Smith Stearns Tennis Academy graduate ranked 838th who will be a freshman at North Carolina in the fall.

"She's an excellent player," Carter said. "She puts the pressure on you all of the time. It's tough to stay with her."

This was the second meeting between the two, the first coming in the qualifying round of a $25,000 event two years ago in Raleigh. But the outcome was the same.

"It was a good match, and she's a good opponent," Koroleva said. "Today she played a lot better than last time."

The match didnt't start so well for Koroleva, a semifinalist last year. Carter broke her serve in the first game and she trailed 40-30 in the second before the rain came.

The players were forced to wait for more than an hour and a half before they could take the court again. When they did, Carter double-faulted twice to leave an opening for Koroleva.

But she couldn't take advantage of it. Carter took an early 2-0 lead and after a slugfest of a first set, marked by long rallies, several incredible winners from both competitors and a handful of really big serves by Carter, the future Tar Heel was serving for the first set.

And that's where the match turned.

Carter simply couldn't put Koroleva away. Koroleva broke Carter to tie the set at 5, held serve to take the lead and then broke Carter a second time to win the set.

"We were both playing well, and it was going to be tough to get a break," Koroleva said. "But I did and was able to close out the first set."

In the second set, Koroleva was up two breaks at 5-2, but Carter held serve and then broke the Russian to make things interesting at 5-4. But Koroleva did what she needed to do, holding serve for the win.
"I was playing better in the second set, focusing better, at least until 5-2," Koroleva said. "I do that a lot, lose focus. I'm working on it. She played well and she served really big today. I thought it was important to close it out. I really didn't want to go to the third set."

That second set will be the last competition for Koroleva for a while. After some time in Florida for training, Koroleva will fly home to Moscow for the first time since last summer to visit with family. She'll return in time for the fall semester at Clemson.

Carter had nothing but praise for her future ACC rival.

"She deserves all the credit," Carter said. "She forced me into a lot of bad situations and forced me to make errors."

That being said, Carter thinks the margin isn't a big one.

"I think we're pretty close, just a few points here and there," said Carter, who could very well meet Koroleva on the court again in the future when the Tar Heels face the Tigers. "Hopefully, in the future, those will go my way."

ITF Women's Circuit -- Head/First Federal Women's $10,000
A USTA Pro Circuit event; At Van Der Meer Tennis Center, Hilton Head Island
Sunday's results
Singles -- Final
Yana Koroleva (RUS) def. Hayley Carter (USA) 7-5, 6-4

Read more here: http://www.islandpacket.com/2013/06/...#storylink=cpy
Putintseva #1 player

Old Jul 26th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #52
Tennis Fool

50K Lexington.

Yana made the main draw as a LL, but then promptly bombed against Olga Savchuk, 0 & 1. Sometimes I think Yana last concentration
Putintseva #1 player

Old Dec 5th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #53
Tennis Fool

25K Merida.

Yana is on the q-list for this week. Would be her first non-US event since 2012.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Dec 9th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #54
Tennis Fool

Yana won her two matches in qualifying to make the main draw

Unfortunately, she got the arguably worst qualy spot-- plays #5 Dia Evtimova first round.
Putintseva #1 player

Old Dec 10th, 2013, 03:10 AM   #55
Tennis Fool

BTW Yana, who is graduating from Clemsen this year, started a blog. Here's her post about Merida:

http://ykoroleva.wordpress.com/2013/12/08/hola-mexico/
Putintseva #1 player

Old Dec 21st, 2013, 11:58 PM   #56
Tennis Fool

Update:

Yana qualified for both Merida 2 & 3, but unfortunately had bad first-round draws for both.

At Merida 2, she fell to Dia, 26 67(1).

At Merida 3, she drew Rebecca Peterson, who won Merida 2! There she was double breadsticked

Oh well, good luck to her in the new year!
Putintseva #1 player

Old Aug 28th, 2014, 03:47 PM   #57
Tennis Fool

Update from her Twitter:

She graduated from Clemsen State, and is moving to Miami for her final year of eligibility to compete as a Florida International State Panther while doing her graduate studies.
Putintseva #1 player