Team USA's Player of the Week for December 13th - Lauren Davis - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 28th, 2009, 04:34 AM   #61
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Player of the Week

Great work

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 29th, 2009, 03:42 AM   #62
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Player of the Week for November 23 Goes to...

Nicole Gibbs.

It was another hard decision yet again this week, but Nicole edges out Julia, Chieh, and Jennifer. Nicole started off in the $25K Puebla with a bye in the first round of qualifying, and her next round would be the final round of qualifying. In this match she played American Elizabeth Ferris and beat her 6-3 6-2. In the Main Draw, Nicole got some luck by getting a win over 6th seeded Mirjana Lucic by retirement at 4-1. In the second round, she took out Argentine Mailen Auroux 6-1 6-2 to make the QFs. Nicole followed up with her best win in the event by scoring a win over 3rd seed and Defending Champion Maria-Fernanda Alvarez-Teran 4-6 6-4 7-5. She did a great job of fighting and holdiing her nerve to pick up this big upset. Nicole's run ended though with a loss to Ajla Tomljanovic 6-3 6-4. Nicole's great run to the SF's earned her this week's POTW. Funny thing is Nicole barely beat out her doubles partner Julia Cohen for this nod and they together in doubles lost in the SFs.

Honorable Mentions

Julia Cohen for making the SFs of the 25K in Puebla as well. Julia was the 5th seed this week and in the first round barely beat Mexican Qualifier Alejandra Granillo 6-7(5) 6-4 6-4. Julia once again struggled in her next round going 3 sets with the Dutch player, Chayenne Ewijk 3-6 6-2 6-1. In the QFs, Julia redeemed herself with a dominant win over 4th seeded Melanie Klaffner 6-3 6-1. Saturday was a bad day as Nicole had lost, but Julia did too in the Semis, losing 6-3 6-3 to Naomi Broady, the Eventual Champion.

Chieh-Yu Hsu for coming through 2 matches of qualifying and making it to the QFs of 25K Puebla. Chieh-Yu was the 9th seeded player in Qualifying this week and beat the likes of Brazilian Marcela-Guimaraes Bueno 6-0 6-1 and then 6th seeded fellow American Chloe Jones 6-1 6-4. In the Main Draw, she drew 8th seeded Marina Giral Lores from Venezuela and beat her 6-4 6-4. She then followed up that great win with another straight set win in the second round this time over Paula Zabala 6-3 6-1. In the QFs, Ajla Tomljanovic beat her 6-0 6-2, taking out another American this week.

Jennifer Elie has shown us American fans that she can play with her tearing it up Down Under in Australia with yet another great performance. Jennifer came through the Qualifying with wins over Australian Alexandra Cannizarro 6-4 7-5 and Swiss Lara Michel 6-2 6-4. In the Main Draw, she drew Japan's Shiho Akita and struggled, but picked up the win 5-7 6-3 6-2. In the second round, she showed her win over Marija Mirkovic last week wasn't a fluke as she beat her again this week with the reserve score as last week, 6-4 6-2. In the QFs, Jennifer opened up great against 4th seed Jessica Moore by taking the first set 6-1, but after that tired out going down 6-2 6-3 in the final 2 sets.

Last edited by Uranium : Nov 29th, 2009 at 08:17 PM.
Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 04:31 AM   #63
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Nice choices

This coming week we have pretty much the same players in action. I think the lone exception is Megan Moulton Levy who's playing at the 25K in Prerov, Czech Republic
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 04:33 AM   #64
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

thanks.
If anyone has pics of Alexandra Riley and Chieh-Yu, please share

Old Dec 5th, 2009, 05:06 AM   #65
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Jennifer will get POTW over Julia this week I am thinking, especially if Julia withdraws.

Old Dec 5th, 2009, 05:09 AM   #66

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Jennifer will get POTW over Julia this week I am thinking, especially if Julia withdraws.
No arguments here

See ya'll Monday
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 12:09 AM   #67
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Player of the Week for November 30 Goes to...

Jennifer Elie.

Jennifer gets this weeks nod for showing her great consistency Down Under, this week making another QF in 25K Bendigo. Jennifer once again started in Qualifying for the 3rd week in a row, had a bye, beat Aussie Molly Polak 6-3 6-0 and Aussie Azra Hadzic 7-5 6-2. In the Main Draw, Jenn continued her great run of results with a 6-3 6-3 upset over 5th seed Erika Sema. Starting to show some signs of fatigue, she beat Sally Peers of Australia 6-1 2-6 6-3 in the second round, before losing in QFs to Richel Hogenkamp 6-4 6-3. Jennifer made the SF, QF, and another QF for her results in the 25Ks in Australia worthy of Player of the Week.

Honorable Mention

Julia Cohen for making the SFs of the 25K in Buenos Aires. Julia was the 6th seed this week and in the first round she took down Hanna Nooni 6-3 4-6 6-4. Julia struggled to win her next match as well as she beat Mailen Auroux 6-7(2) 6-4 6-4. In the QFs, Julia have a tough time in the beginning against qualifier Chanel Simmonds losing the first 6-4, but cruised after that winning the final 2 sets 6-1 6-1. Julia would lose in the SFs to top seed Rossana De Los Rios 6-2 4-6 7-5, giving the Eventual Champion her toughest match of the whole tournament.

No one else played, so that's it

Old Dec 8th, 2009, 01:13 AM   #68

What a great action shot of Jennifer . I'm really looking forward to her 2010 season . Hopefully she can continue her form into the January Florida ITFs . I'm not to sure how her game stacks up on clay though
Old Dec 8th, 2009, 01:19 AM   #69
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^Julia's too. But I have one thing to say about it...

"Foot Fault!"

Old Dec 8th, 2009, 01:20 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
^Julia's too. But I have one thing to say about it...

"Foot Fault!"

Old Dec 9th, 2009, 03:17 AM   #71
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Jennifer and Julia

Old Dec 9th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #72
country flag hellas719

Foot fault

Old Dec 14th, 2009, 01:40 AM   #73
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Can someone do the weeks missing for me please?

Old Dec 14th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #74
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

So for the 7th and 14th?

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 02:03 PM   #75
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Thanks y'all
Doing it now.