Team USA's Player of the Week for December 13th - Lauren Davis - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 17th, 2009, 03:20 PM   #16
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Team USA's Player of the Week

I'd like each American to get it atleast once this year, so I am working to do that

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 17th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #17
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

The weeks that aren't done, I am not sure who to do, so if you have an opinion, post it here or PM me

Old Oct 17th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #18
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Team USA's Player of the Week

Wow, i'm VERY impressed with what you've done so far .

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in for this weeks player of the week. I pretty much think whoever wins the Osaka doubles title ( Lisa w/ her partner or Abi w/ her partner should be player of the week.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #19

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, i'm going to request that this thread be put in the IMPORTANT section of our forum
Old Oct 17th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #20
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^Yep, I am taking it for granted right now that Lisa is in the final

Old Oct 17th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #21

Wow, that was fast! Thanks to the mods for making this happen so quickly
Old Oct 17th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #22
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Finished, if you think someone else should get one then post it.
Serena with 4, while Venus, Mel, and Liezel all have 3.

Old Oct 18th, 2009, 05:22 AM   #23
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 06:41 AM   #24

Thumbs up Re: Team USA's Player of the Week

Congrats to LR on her Osaka win yesterday and for being player of the week .
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #25
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea.

Can Lindsay have one of the off season weeks just to recognise her fantastic commentary work this year?

Not sure how some of them were done though. Like Lisa getting the Madrid week when she lost to Liezel?
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #26
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
Good idea.

Can Lindsay have one of the off season weeks just to recognise her fantastic commentary work this year?

Not sure how some of them were done though. Like Lisa getting the Madrid week when she lost to Liezel?
Definitely maybe since she is I think doing YEC commentary I wanted to give each player one or atleast try, and not give some players too many, I could have given Liezel 7, but pushed it down to 3

Old Oct 20th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #27
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Player of the Week for October 12 Goes to...

Lisa Raymond.

Lisa dropped out of the top 20 of doubles for the first time in years with her rocky results since the injury of her permanent partner for the year, Kveta Peschke along with whom she had lost 4 finals, most notably Miami and Madrid. Lisa came to Osaka looking to get her first title of the season with partner, Chia-Jung Chuang, with whom she lost 1st round with in Beijing. They struggled in the first 2 rounds going to third set super-tiebreaks in both, where Lisa hasn't had too much success in this year, but prevailed in both. After those tests, Lisa and Chuang cruised to the title losing 8 games. With winning the final over Abigail Spears and Chanelle Spears 6-2 6-4, Lisa kept her streak of 17 consecutive years of winning a doubles title alive, one of the longest in history deserving of the Player of the Week award.

Honorable Mentions

Meghann Shaughnessy since coming back in Stanford has struggled in both singles and doubles having a 1-8 record in singles, with her only win over Mi Yoo in Seoul, and Meghann has suffered losses to Alona Bondarenko twice, Sorana Cirstea, Monica Niculescu, Daniela Hantuchova, Anabel Medina Garrigues, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Flavia Pennetta. She was 0-4 in doubles heading into Linz, but partnering with Roberta Vinci would change that. They would make the SFs easily without losing a set before running into top seeds Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Katarina Srebotnik. They trailed pretty much the whole match losing the first set 6-1, they stormed back to take the match to a Super TB by winning the second 6-3. In the STB, they saved 4 MPs and even had one of their own, but eventually went down 14-12. This is a promising sign of what could happen for Meghann next season, hopefully returning to the tops of the game of doubles.

Jill Craybas reaching her first QF of the year in Osaka. Jill had a tough task with recent Seoul champion Kimiko Date Krumm in the first round, who she beat in Auckland earlier this season. Jill got through it though with a 3 set win 6-2 4-6 6-4. Jill would then find herself down a set, 6-2, against Mathilde Johansson in the next round, but fought back hard to win the second and third easily 6-2 6-0. Jill in the QFs would play the 3rd seed Sam Stosur and lose 6-1 6-3, Double Faulting on Match Point. We would then see that Jill had lost to the eventual champion.
Old Oct 20th, 2009, 02:07 AM   #28
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa, Meghann, Jill

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2009, 02:17 AM   #29

Nicely done Uranium. Lisa, Meg and Jilly

It's going to be hard to pick a player of the week this week. Hopefully Mel will make it easy for us and pull off the upset over Caro
Old Oct 20th, 2009, 02:21 AM   #30
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Meg beats Kim
Meg could get it for winning doubles with Kata.