Media zone - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 13th, 2010, 06:13 PM   #121
country flag marinaRU

marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold
Re: Media zone

Pennetta : You have to be humble

Despite her defeat by Lucie Safarova, Flavia Pennetta believes she played a good game. Number two seed at the 18th Open GDF SUEZ just considers that her opponent put forward a high quality game.

Flavia, the match started out well for you when you won the first set. What happened after that?
It was a really good game. We both played great, it was really some very top level tennis. It's true that I started out well in the first set, but in the second set, I couldn't grab both opportunities I had. But she really played very well. You have to know how to be humble.

Maybe your serve didn't work as well as it did earlier in the week.
No, I don't think it was that. I think that I served well throughout the whole game. It wasn't much different from the other games. The only difference is that she is left handed and I have only ever played right-handed players. Maybe my serve doesn't hurt left-handers as much as it does right-handers.

What is the different about playing against left-handers?
All the angles and the game solutions are different and I might have been destabilized. But let's just say that I'm satisfied with the way I played this game.

Does her kind of game bother you?
No, not especially. She plays in time and doesn't offer much variety. It's just that she played really well, like she's been doing since the week started.

Has the week been good all the same?
Yes. It could have been better, but it was still pretty good.

http://www.opengdfsuez.com/tips.php?...02&language=uk
marinaRU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 17th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #122
country flag tea
taking fanboyism to a whole new level

tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute tea has a reputation beyond repute

One of my favourite tennis observers wrote an article on Flavia. Worth reading IMO.

Glimpsing Flavia
by Steve Tignor 02/16/2010
http://tennisworld.typepad.com/thewr...ng-flavia.html

It was a weekend of small surges and modest triumphs. [...cut...] For me, though, the small triumph of the weekend was the chance to see another woman briefly flash across the radar screen before vanishing again, the way she always does. That was Italy’s Flavia Pennetta, who made a strong run in Paris before finally getting out-bashed by Safarova 6-4 in the third in the semifinals. This is the way it works with Pennetta. She shows up on the fringes of my tennis-viewing life—saving multiple match points in a dramatic win over Vera Zvonareva at the U.S. Open before losing in the next round, upsetting Maria Sharapova in Los Angeles, belting out a victory song with her teammates after their Fed Cup title victory, and giving the chair umpire the finger in another Fed Cup match (I think it’s the same ump who did the Serena-tirade semi at the Open, ironically enough). Maybe it’s because my sightings of Pennetta are so limited that makes them such a pleasure.

Or maybe it's something more, something slightly indefinable about her and the way she carries herself. Like all Italian players, from Adriano Pannatta and Antonio Zugarelli in the 1970s to Francesca Schiavone and Potito Starace today, the pleasure begins with the musical quality of her name. But what’s striking about Pennetta is that, compared to most of her peers, she makes you feel like you’re watching a woman rather than a girl play tennis. This is partly a function of her age—she’ll be 28 on Thursday—but it’s a quality she’s had for a while now. It’s also a function of her nationality; rather than being limited to a fist-pump and a pony-tail flip, Pennetta expresses a wide range of emotions on court without ever getting depressingly negative. It may even be partly a function of her dress; I always liked the clean, elegant white Tacchini number that she’s sported over the years.

But what Flavia offers as much as anything else is a change of pace from the WTA norm, circa 2010. She has black hair rather than blonde. She isn’t rail thin, 6-feet tall, or a physical specimen. Like the rest of the women, she’s a baseliner with a two-handed backhand, but she’s not a flat-hitting basher, either. There’s a satisfying straightforwardness and simplicity to her game, but it never appears one-dimensional. If Pennetta lacks killer power from behind the baseline, she can nevertheless hit every shot with authority. It may be meat and potatoes tennis, but it has flavor and low-key flair. Watch Pennetta set up to serve; instead of Sharapova-esque calculation, she does it with the fluid little strutting ball bounce of the born jock. She’s a link to the women’s game before the more programmatic Eastern bloc brigade was loosed on the sport.

That’s also why Pennetta, despite playing virtually every week and working her way up from No. 292 in 2001 to No. 11 at the end of 2009, will remain on the tour’s fringe. Against Safarova in Paris, she hung with the younger player by defending well and taking her opportunities to attack when they came. But in the middle of the third set, the Czech took control with the depth and flat force of her strokes, particularly her service returns. Pennetta couldn’t defend against that forever. Having come up in the late-90s, before the Russian revolution and the consequent spike in power and athleticism, she doesn’t hit with the same abandon as the women ahead of her in the rankings. Pennetta may not melt down too often, but there’s a ceiling to her game.

After 13 years as a pro, she knows it. Pennetta can show deep anger and histrionic frustration on the court—witness the aforementioned middle finger—as well as despair, which is often accompanied by a weird gesture where she holds her racquet strings a centimeter from her face. It’s hard to tell whether she wants to hide behind them or smack them straight into her forehead, à la Mikhail Youzhny. Either way, you feel her pain. But she doesn't let it drag her all the way down, like, say, Zvonareva does at her worst. There's a sense of stability to Pennetta that may paradoxically allow her to show as much emotion as she does. And when the pain and the match are over, there’s her smile, full, toothy, genuine.

Last week, I talked about how tennis is often reduced to a single either/or—Roger or Rafa, Chrissie or Martina. The tours are often reduced in a similar way—10 years ago, it was “all the men can do is serve”; today it’s “all the women can do is bash and shriek.” But again, the diverse, individualistic, world-spanning nature of the pro game always comes back to prove otherwise, to prove that with each match you might just see something different, something you like. And then it might be gone again, off the radar screen, the way Pennetta disappeared before I could see her play a full set on Saturday. Before she left, I had time to notice, with some dismay, that she had ditched the classic Tacchini for a more standard yellow-and-black Adidas get-up. I also had time to notice that, like everything else with Flavia—her name, her age, her rage, her wins, her losses, her smile, her career-long struggles to improve—she wore it well.
tea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #123
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Great article indeed. It sums Flavia up pretty well

I agree with nearly everything he says
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #124
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

lovely article

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #125
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pennetta Carries Italian Flag
RITURAJ Borkakoty

17 February 2010,
DUBAI — Flavia Pennetta may not be the poster girl of tennis, but the current world number 11 is the torchbearer of the sport in her country.

She was the first Italian ever to reach the top 10 in the world of women’s tennis. And the soft-spoken Italian doesn’t shy away from admitting that she is indeed proud of the achievement.

“Last year, you know, I made it to the top 10. It was very nice,” Pennetta told Khaleej Times after her 6-4 6-1 first round victory over Hungary’s Melinda Czink at the Dubai Tennis Championships on Monday night.

“I really think I am one of those lucky ones, you know, as I can remember so many good things in tennis. To be in the top 10 for the first time and to become the first Italian ever to reach there, it was really nice.”

The two-time US Open quarter-finalist had a glint in her eye when this scribe asked her about the unforgettable victories in the Fed Cup.

“Fed Cup wins were really nice, you know. We are still playing. We always love to play for our country. We have a good team because we are still together for about three years. Nobody wants to be the star of the team. We try to help each other all the time. Maybe that’s why we won with a good team,” said Pennetta who helped Italy win the women’s tennis’ biggest team event in 2006 and 2009. Pennetta also has an enviable record against Grand Slam winners Justine Henin, Martina Hingis, Venus Williams, Amelie Mauresmo, Maria Sharapova and former world number one Jelena Jankovic.

“How do I often manage to beat these top players? Well, to put it simply, when I play the very good players, I play very good tennis.

“When I enter the court and see that they are better than me, I try my best. So, I always try to win. I never think that I will not have any chance against them. So maybe that’s the reason. I always believe that I can do that…”

Pennetta, whose next opponent is Andrea Petkovic of Germany, is confident of her success against the top players here in Dubai if she wins her next match.

“I know there are so many good players here. So if I get the chance to play the top seeds, I will try to do the same things.

“This tournament has one of the best fields. Everyone wants to play here. It’s going to very tough for everyone to play.”

The 27-year-old says her aim in 2010 will be to play at her best in every tournament.

“Well, the year is just starting. I know I have to do the same things. I have to play very well. My aim will be to play my best tennis in all tournaments.”

Flavia Pennetta has returned to Dubai after a decade.

“I was here in 2000. I know that was a long time ago. This tournament is very nice. And the city, well, I just arrived yesterday night. So I haven’t got lot of time to see things. Everyone talks nice things about Dubai. So I will definitely see the nice places here.”
These quotes
They must have altered them a lot "Well, to put it simply...", I can't see her say that
Old Feb 20th, 2010, 09:27 AM   #126

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Flavia

Old Feb 20th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #127
country flag marinaRU

marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold marinaRU is a splendid one to behold

Tennis Celebrities to Participate in Event Benefitting Walk Now For Autism

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla., Feb. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- For the fourth consecutive year, ten tennis celebrities of the present and legends of the past will play at the center court as part of the exclusive IV Annual Tennis ProAm which benefits Walk Now For Autism, now affecting 1 out of every 110 children.

Guillermo Vilas, Andres Gomez, Nicolas Lapentti, Guillermo Canas, Gisela Dulko, Flavia Pennetta and Feliciano Lopez are among the celebrities invited to participate in this tennis event, sponsored by Biscayne Capital. These guests who team up with 10 amateurs will be on hand for tennis followed by a Private Cocktail Party scheduled to take place at the Ocean Club Tennis Center on March 22, 2010, at 5pm.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-84774967.html
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 04:22 PM   #128
country flag marinaRU

Pennetta Show

I tatuaggi, la paura di amare e i massaggi ai piedi «che mi fanno impazzire»

Non chiamatela Flavia Pennetta, chiamatela Pennettova. Come i telecronisti russi quando la osservano prendere a pallettate (oppure a chianconi, come dice lei in slang pugliese) la Sharapova, la Dementieva, la Hantuchova e compagnia bella. Perché nessuna italiana, nel tennis moderno, si è spinta così in alto. Otto vittorie nel circuito Wta, due volte ai quarti degli Us Open e primo posto in Federation Cup con le azzurre della squadra femminile.
Un filotto di 15 vittorie che lo scorso 14 agosto, a 27 anni, l’ha fatta schizzare nella top ten della Wta, con in tasca un bottino da tre milioni di dollari e relativi endorsement pubblicitari con Belstaff e Gatorade.
La migliore italiana di sempre, si è detto. Anche se a scavare negli archivi salta fuori che Annelies Ullstein Bossi, tedesca naturalizzata, negli anni Quaranta aveva già centrato l’obiettivo.
«E chissenefrega», dice Flavia addentando una bistecca al sangue e sorseggiando ginger scuro, la bibita preferita. Più longilinea di come appare durante i match in tv, dove sembra una torretta sparamissili ben piantata a fondocampo, arriva all’appuntamento con la sorella Giorgia, che lavora presso la piccola raffineria che papà Oronzo gestisce a Brindisi: la DueP, ex Pennetta Oil. Flavia è bella di una bellezza da cotta estiva, da compagna di classe che ti fa perdere la testa in gita. Radiosa se sorride. Meno da seria, quando si accentuano le labbra sottili insieme a un filo d’inquetudine che esorcizza mandando sms dal suo BlackBerry.
Penso alla vita di una tennista e mi vengono in mente due parole: solitudine nera.
«In effetti siamo atleti particolari. Non abbiamo una squadra alla quale rendere conto e possiamo pure licenziare l’allenatore, che paghiamo noi. Occorre molta ambizione per farcela».

L’alleato migliore contro la saudade qual è?
«Skype. Lo uso per non vedere i film da sola».

Racconta.
«Semplice: chiamo le amiche che vivono a Barcellona, la città dove mi alleno. Loro girano la webcam verso lo schermo della tv e ci guardiamo il film insieme».

Tennista disperata.
«Ma no, è carino! Se qualcuno parla faccio pure shhhh!!».

Urge fidanzato.
«Per ora non sono a caccia. Quando le cerchi, le storie non arrivano mai».

Chi ha detto: “Ormai sono diventata acida”?
«L’ho detto io. Certe botte fanno male...» (il riferimento è alla storia col tennista Carlos Moya, che ha lasciato Flavia Pennetta due anni fa, quando già convivevano da un po’, ndr).

Quanti uomini hai avuto da allora?
«Pochi. Due o tre. Ho incontrato persone che avrebbero meritato più fiducia. Ma ormai ho paura, e li ho allontanati».

Secondo l’oroscopo dovresti essere invece “in grado di amare in modo totale, con grandi sentimenti e grandi tragedie”.
«Tutto vero, almeno per le tragedie. Ma non sono tipa da scenate. Tengo tutto dentro e le mie tragedie si traducono in pianti dirotti e solitari».

É vero che tutte le donne Pesci adorano i massaggi ai piedi?
«É vero, impazzisco appena me li tocccano. Se qualcuno mi dà confidenza tac, gli piazzo subito un piedino in mano da massaggiare. Meglio ancora le mani, specialmente la destra, che è sempre un po’ dura».

Le tre “M” tatuate sul polso cosa significano?
«Sono il ricordo di un momento difficile, a livello personale e sportivo. Uscivo da un infortunio al polso e la rottura con Carlos era fresca. Le mie solite amiche, quelle dei film su Skype, per tirarmi su hanno iniziato a chiamarmi la Mejor del Mundo Mundial, una frase che non ha senso, un po’ come “la mejo der mejo” in spagnolo maccheronico. Mi ha fatto star bene, e ho deciso di farmi il tatuaggio».

Tempo fa ti sei beccata il tifo mangiando bianchetti crudi, eppure continui imperterrita a cibarti di sushi. Questo dice qualcosa sul tuo carattere?
«Dice solo che sono golosa. E che il pesce crudo è troppo buono per rinunciarvi».

Magari dice che sei capocciona.
«Capocciona no. Cioè, un po’. Magari tignosa. Una che vuole sempre sapere il perché delle cose».

Snervante.
«Parto sempre col freno a mano tirato. Quando mi propongono una novità la mia prima risposta è sempre “no”. Un automatismo. Per fortuna il tempo mi sta aiutando a essere più morbida».

In Spagna lavori con un motivatore. Tre cose che hai imparato da lui?
«A controllarmi, a non essere perfetta e a non essere egoista. Il tennis ti rende viziata». (Giorgia, seduta a fianco, annuisce platealmente).

A proposito di autocontrollo: bello il video in cui mandi a quel paese l’arbitro durante un match contro la Mauresmo. Era un vaffain spagnolo o in pugliese?
«Sono partita in pugliese e ho finito in spagnolo: Cabròn! Quando mi rivedo su YouTube penso: ma quella non sono io! Una bravata che mi è costata 4.000 dollari di multa».

La Mauresmo si è ritirata per le troppe pressioni, un po’ come la Manaudou nel nuoto. Alla faccia della leggendaria forza di carattere delle donne.
«Ma infatti sono tutte chiacchiere. Conta il singolo individuo con le sue ambizioni. Quest’anno ci sono i mondiali di calcio? Si parlerà di quanto sono bravi i maschi. una ruota che gira».

Una volta, di Serena Williams hai detto: «è davvero un animale». Bellezza e preparazione atletica sono in contrasto?
«Gioco a tennis, e per farlo devo essere forte, anche se qualcosa in femminilità si perde. Odio la mia pancia ad esempio, l’addominale obliquo, che sembra quello di un uomo. Ma mi serve per le rotazioni, e devo tenermelo così».

Ho notato che tra le prime 10 del ranking Wta non ci sono più bellezze scintillanti. Esclusi i presenti: è il momento della rivincita delle racchie?
«Beh, la Dementieva è carina, dai! A me invece sembra che il livello medio si sia alzato. Magari in campo sono penalizzate, ma se poi le vedi fuori ti accorgi che sono davvero notevoli».

E allora che c’è, una selezione all’ingresso?
«Ma no, la selezione la fa il campo. Poi, arrivati a un certo livello, gli sponsor certe cose le guardano. Diciamocelo, a ’sto mondo gira tutto intorno alla stessa cosa».

Che cos’è mancato al 2009 per essere un anno perfetto?
«Una vittoria al Roland Garros. Avevo dei problemi all’adduttore e non avrei dovuto partecipare, e invece, testona, ci sono andata lo stesso, e non è andata bene».

Una vittoria che renderebbe il 2010 pari al 2009?

«Vincere Roma. E una semifinale del grande slam».

E poi scriverai un libro. Titolo: la mejor del mundo mundial.
«Sì, me l’hanno proposto e credo che lo farò. Un libro nel quale si parlerà di tennis ma soprattutto di me, di chi sono e come sono cresciuta. Fresco e spontaneo, come credo di essere io».

Vedo che in gara mordi spesso la pallina. Che sapore ha?
«Fa schifo, ti rimangono tutti i peletti in bocca. Ma con qualcuno te la devi pur prendere quando perdi, o no?».
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 06:23 PM   #129
country flag MAGIKARPETTA

MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future

Wonderful interview! Thank u Marina!

PAW(best rank: #1): '13 Dubai, Strarbourg - '11 YEC, Eastbourne, Budapest
FITD(best rank: #2): '11 Eastbourne & Wimbledon

Twitter
MAGIKARPETTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 06:28 PM   #130
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

First time in ages an interview doesn't make much sense to me even after running it through Google translate
I got some things though
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 08:58 PM   #131
country flag MAGIKARPETTA

MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future MAGIKARPETTA has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
First time in ages an interview doesn't make much sense to me even after running it through Google translate
Cause it isn't fortunately a trivial interview

I will translate it when i will have free time

PAW(best rank: #1): '13 Dubai, Strarbourg - '11 YEC, Eastbourne, Budapest
FITD(best rank: #2): '11 Eastbourne & Wimbledon

Twitter
MAGIKARPETTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 09:02 PM   #132
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

I got the thing about watching movies with her friends, how sweet is that?
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 09:31 PM   #133

she said what the 2 M means
and she will write a book

Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 09:35 PM   #134
country flag marinaRU

and what does it mean?
Old Feb 22nd, 2010, 09:37 PM   #135
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

A book? No, Flavia, please