Beatrice Capra - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 31st, 2010, 06:10 PM   #151
country flag Harju.
Ferosh Warrior ♥

Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute Harju. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beatrice Capra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SUCKETTA View Post
amazing
who's next?
Another brainless ballbasher! REZAI.

Harju. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 31st, 2010, 10:04 PM   #152
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Great job Tricey!

100 pts
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 01:04 AM   #153
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

OMG GOAT! Beating Sprem I feel a Melanie-esque run
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 06:23 AM   #154
country flag Slutiana

Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute Slutiana has a reputation beyond repute

Her interview is up on the site.

"I play, umm.. Rezai. I dunno her first name"
Slutiana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 08:57 PM   #155
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Bea

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 08:58 PM   #156
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 1st, 2010, 09:30 PM   #157
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Capra makes successful Grand Slam tournament debut

Beatrice Capra took her first chance at earning a wild card into the main draw of the 2010 US Open through the USTA Girls' 18s National Championships.

As the top-ranked American girl in the ITF world junior rankings at No. 14, Capra was certainly one of the main contenders to win the National Championships and with it, the wild card to Flushing Meadows.

However, the 18-year-old suffered a loss in the round of 16 at Nationals to Madison Keys. She was understandably disappointed and left to ponder what she was going to do next, and as an amateur, how to get ready to play in the US Open girls' draw.

Not long after, another opportunity to compete in the Open main draw suddenly surfaced.

The USTA was hosting a wild card playoff tournament in Boca Raton, Fla. in mid-August with the men's and women's winners each earning a wild card into the main draw. Was Capra interested in competing?

She was -- and it turned out to be an excellent decision. In an eight-player draw, Capra powered her way through to the final, defeating the more professionally experienced and higher-ranked Madison Brengle in a hard-fought match to earn a wild card into her first ever Grand Slam tournament main draw.

Ranked No. 371 on the WTA Tour, Capra has made the most of the opportunity. In her Grand Slam tournament debut on Day 2 of the 2010 US Open, the Maryland native played outstanding, defeating No. 94-ranked Karolina Sprem of Croatia in straight sets 6-1, 6-3.

"I played the Girls' 18s Nationals hoping to win the wild card and I lost early in that," Capra said. "I thought I was going home. I was going to take a week off and get ready for the juniors and rethink everything after that."

Having won several matches on back-to-back days in the wild card playoffs had Capra feeling great coming into the Open.

"I said 'Ok, just go in, no pressure' and I ended up winning it, it was unbelievable," Capra said of the wild card playoffs. "It definitely helped me and gave me some confidence and helped me get through [against Sprem]."

Tuesday's victory was just the latest accomplishment for the up-and-coming Capra, who trains at the Evert Tennis Academy in Boca Raton. She ended 2009 ranked No. 857 on the WTA Tour, rising almost 500 spots to where she is now after a successful season in both juniors and on the USTA Pro Circuit. In juniors this year, she reached the quarterfinals at Roland Garros and won the Italian Open.

On the Pro Circuit, her best finish this year is reaching the semifinals at the $25,000 event in Osprey, Fla. She holds one professional title in her career, which she won in 2009 at a $10,000 event in Williamsburg, Va.

U.S. Fed Cup Captain Mary Joe Fernandez also selected Capra to travel with the U.S. team to Reggio Calabria, Italy last October for the Fed Cup Final as a practice partner and Future Fed Cupper, along with fellow American star Nicole Gibbs.

Capra next faces No. 18 seed Aravane Rezai of France in the second round, and is also competing in mixed doubles with fellow young American star Jack Sock. She has competed in the US Open girls' draw multiple times as an amateur, including reaching the quarterfinals in 2009, and her past experience at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center certainly helped her against Sprem.

"I wasn't too nervous surprisingly because I have played the juniors a couple of times so I think that helped me prepare for the main draw," she said. "I am used to the facility and I am used to the crowd. At 40-15, I was kind of freaking out, [I was thinking] just one more point. I am really happy [that I got through it]. Last year I had a really intense match that I got through; I think that definitely helped me.

"I think I kind of held back a little just because I was waiting for her to make a mistake rather than going for it myself," she added of the second set against Sprem. "I turned it around when I went up 4-2 and I knew I could do it.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 05:51 PM   #158
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

She beats Rezai 7-5 2-6 6-3.
However I think she should wait to turn pro and not rush it. Her game is not mature enough yet. But she's such a cutie!
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 08:53 PM   #159
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome win Trice! Maria is most likely up next which will surely be on Ashe
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 12:32 AM   #160
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Trice

Fantastic win!!
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 04:04 AM   #161
country flag hellas719

The upset of the tournament and only 3 posts in her thread?
Why does everyone hate Americans?
Seriously, in Greece (and in Europe) everyone's always hating on America

Anyways, way to go Trice!
Kick Masha's ass now!

Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 04:06 AM   #162
country flag hellas719

Post-match interview:
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/int...458339336.html

I'm a little worried. She said she has an Italian passport and in about 5 years, Pennetta, Schiavone, Vinci, Garbin, etc. will all probably be gone and their Fed Cup team will probably have Errani as their #1, so I hope they don't steal her

Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 04:07 AM   #163
country flag hellas719

Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 04:07 AM   #164
country flag hellas719

Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 04:56 AM   #165
country flag hellas719

Mixed R1: (WC) Capra/Sock vs. (4) Mattek-Sands/Nestor...