Best player since Marti? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 09:41 PM   #1
Kiki

Kiki is an unknown quantity at this point
Best player since Marti?

IMO MGM"s the best Swiss player since Marti.
Kiki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 09:08 AM   #2
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
hey kiki! wow, so nice to see somebody new in this section!

yeah, you might be right. I defintely think that MGM can go further can gagliardi or vavrinec have ever gone (maybe even schnyder!?). but of course there's also myriam casanova, who looks like a very bright prospect indeed.
my dream scenario is for these two players to really push each other. they're no. 63 and no. 65 right now. it's very exciting!

Beat is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2002, 09:27 AM   #3
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice
Beat I agree!!
Just that Myriam might be a bit favored from Swiss tennis as MGM (hmmm better her family) are still having troubles with them.

Manu and Mirca will unfortunately never reach an other level IMO. Don't know why but they lack consistensy and are often bothered by injuries as well. Patty has her up's and downs as well. Don't know what desease it is but "our" girls often win the first set with (I assume) great tennis just to loose the next ones.... Are they afraid of winning?? Are they shocked about their own good start?? Wish I knew it.

But after all MGM for sure has a great potential but she has a lot of work ahead of her if she want's to break Martinas records.

Gooo MGM!!
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2002, 11:04 AM   #4
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
doris, do you know what's up with miroslava? is she still recovering?

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 11:20 AM   #5
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I honestly would rate Patty Schnyder higher than MGM, but of course she is a great talent, and I hope she can prove me wrong

"After so many years so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waiting for, no? And it's coming when you doesn't expect and everything ...
For me it was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands."
Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2002, 11:31 AM   #6
country flag Beat

well, it's really too early to compare all these players, I guess. one should not forget (and it's easy to forget) that schnyder has had some great success, winning seven career titles and reaching QF's at the french open and the us open. it's a long way for marie, but I'm certain she's got everything it takes to do it.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 02:12 PM   #7
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, they're all young, so maybe we should compare them in 10 years time

That's something good about the Swiss IMO, they keep having young promisful players. They must have an amazing youth system! (can you hear my jealousy?)

"After so many years so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waiting for, no? And it's coming when you doesn't expect and everything ...
For me it was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands."
Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2002, 05:43 AM   #8
The Vampiress

The Vampiress is an unknown quantity at this point
I defintly think she is a good "investment" for the Swiss Tennis, She should be playing for Switzerland and not Armenia, but supposing the Swiss Tennis will allocate a larger grant for Mikaelin then Armenia will (I know it's not all about money) but I think she is capable of top 25 and so is Casanova in the future.

And Vavrinec....well she is still moderately young, but shes got the game to be in top 50 as well. (From What I have seen) just hope that injuries dont keep her form playing.
The Vampiress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote