MGM @ challenge bell, quebec - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 09:16 AM   #1
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
MGM @ challenge bell, quebec

(hey! is anybody still around here? adnil, doris?? )

anyway:
marie won her 1st round match against WC marie-eve pelletier quite nicely 6:3 6:3. next up she'll have to face either meghan shaughnessy or alina jidkova. good luck!

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 09:22 AM   #2
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice
Gooo for it MGM!!
Good luck!!
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2002, 09:22 AM   #3
The Vampiress

The Vampiress is an unknown quantity at this point
Thats terrific form Marie

Since after winning in Tashkent her season and hard court havn't really got of to flying colours, so hopefully she can improve to third round, and that her serve is with her on the day .
The Vampiress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2002, 11:12 AM   #4
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute
hi allegra!
it's great to see some new "faces" around here. its seems that no too many people are interested in MGM (yet), so it's nice if it's not just doris, adnil and me... the person who initiated this section, vanity, has also disappeared (apparently she got banned), so marie's site ( http://mikaelian.wtastarz.com ) is not updated anymore.
but I really hope we can keep "the mikaelian initiative" alive!

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 11:23 AM   #5
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still here!

Nice win indeed by MGM I think she wouldn't be without a chance against Shaughnessy, lets hope so!

If anyone is interested in taking the moderators job over from Vanity, you should let the mods know (unfortunately I don't have time to do it, otherwise there would be a Coetzer wtastarz site too )

"After so many years so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waiting for, no? And it's coming when you doesn't expect and everything ...
For me it was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands."
Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2002, 11:28 AM   #6
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice Doris Loeffel is just really nice
Beat as you can see we're all still around

Goooo MGM!!
Old Sep 18th, 2002, 08:05 AM   #7
country flag Beat

Quote:
Originally posted by Doris Loeffel
Beat as you can see we're all still around
yeah, I see, and I'm glad about it!

MGM's next opponent will now be shaughnessy, who won 6:3 3:6 7:6. meghan is obviously still not playing at her best level, so marie definitely has got a chance here. GO MGM !

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 02:54 PM   #8
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute
Not quite a good win by Shaugnessy, so lets hope she continues to play like that so Marie can get the surprise!

Go MGM!

"After so many years so much work and everything, this is the moment I always waiting for, no? And it's coming when you doesn't expect and everything ...
For me it was something I was waiting since long time, and finally I have a good trophy in my hands."
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 08:50 AM   #9
country flag Beat

... and she did!!!!!!!!!!!

[...] Shaughnessy was sent packing by Swiss Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian, 6-4, 6-4, on the indoor hardcourts at Club Avantage. [...]

I'm sure shaughnessy tried everything to defend her title here, so this makes it a really precious win for marie.

now maggie maleeva is waiting, to whom she lost twice this year. the last time was really close (where was it again?). who knows, maybe this time marie can pull it off...? Good luck!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 02:13 PM   #10
Doris Loeffel

Can't remember Beat. sorry!!

But gooo MGM!! You can beat her today!!
Old Sep 19th, 2002, 02:18 PM   #11
country flag Beat

I looked it up:
2002-05-20 Strasbourg Clay R32 Magdalena Maleeva (BUL) 6-2 3-6 7-5

the other match being:
2002-01-14 Australian Open Hardcourt R128 Magdalena Maleeva (BUL) 6-3 6-4

BONNE CHANCE, MARIE!

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 02:52 PM   #12
country flag Beat

Marie-Gaianeh Mikaelian signs tournament posters after speaking to local school kids

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 02:54 PM   #13
country flag Beat

ooops .. here's the picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mikaelian.jpg (22.1 KB, 20 views)

Old Sep 19th, 2002, 03:56 PM   #14
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Yeah

I saw this morning that she won, and of course I was really happy

I hope she can win against Maleeva too, but this win already made the tournament good for me

Good luck Marie!

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:02 AM   #15
The Vampiress

The Vampiress is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Beat

Thanks for Inviting me in, Yeah I really like Mikaelin she has a good game and her serve is good and I think that she uses her serve alot to dictate games, because as I said, when its there shes there! and when it's not then shes not,

I take proud interest in young swiss players, they to me are so unique and stand out above the rest of other juniors.

Marie just won against Maggie Maleeva today YAY 6-1 6-1 so it is a turn of events from the 2 other losses, so now she is in the semi's now (Yay second career victory hopefully) and I think plays Alexandra Stevenson or Silvia Farina Elia (but we have to wait and see)

Alexandra and Mikaelian have only played once last year at Moscow Indoor carpet where Stevenson won 6-3 6-4, Mikaelian was still reletavily new to the WTA Scence so looking for brighter things to come, and with her playing Silvia Farina Elia she won in 2001 in Basel on Clay and was leading the first set 6-3 and up 2-0 in the second, then Farina Elia retired, and this year played on indoor hardcourt where Silvia Farina was ardous winning 3-6 7-5 6-2 so looking for better things form Mikaelian on this hardcourt as Elia won the last hardcourt (Well Indoor Hardcourt), but again she has probably matured and was still younger, plus was further down the rankings, so hopefully we have Marie Winning so she can reclaim the next match and get into the finals
The Vampiress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote