Oct 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Vide cor meum
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 221b Baker Street
Fill-in-the-Draw #50| Linz 2009| Final scores| Congratulations PamShriver!!
Fill-in-the-Draw 2009 |#50| Linz
2007: d_s & Dementieva_Dude
2008: libre83 & Poova
Playing F-I-T-D is simple and only takes a few minutes per week. Here is what you need to know:
1) Just post a full predicted draw for the tournament, including all winners in all matches of all rounds.
2) No commitments are necessary for the tournaments; simply post your picks in the thread!
3) Your full prediction must be posted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. Any draws posted after this time will not be counted.
4) Please post your picks in the form "A def. B", "A d. B" or "A over B", and not "A loses to B". Writing down the winner's name only is allowed, but it might make things confusing for us and you may lose points as a result, so please try to post as specified.
Please post players' full names, not nicknames.
5) Picks can be altered only if a seeded player withdraws after you have made your original prediction. Again, new draws will only be accepted before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck. You cannot alter your picks if the player who withdrew was not seeded.
6) When changing your picks, you must post in a new post, quoting the previous picks. NO EDITING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! (any edited post will not be counted, no exceptions!)
7) Please keep your picks as your own and DO NOT copy and paste other poster's picks. If you do this this will be taken as cheating and your picks will not be counted.
8) If the qualifiers are still unknown when posting your picks you may add them as "Q" or "QUALIFIER". If two qualifiers have to face each other as you will have to specify which qualifier you pick to win (e.g. Q1 def. Q2). If you do not do this, that particular pick will not be counted.
9)You will not get points if the player has a bye in first round.
10) Scoring is based on the WTA ranking points for each round of a pro tournament: for each player you predict correctly into the next round, you receive the points for reaching that round.
Example: Premier Quarterfinals
Kuznetsova def. Petrova
S. Williams def. Wozniacki
Dementieva def. Schnyder
Ivanovic def. V. Williams
The actual winners are Kuznetsova, Dementieva, Wozniacki and Ivanovic.
You will get 390 (points for reaching semifinal) x 3 = 1350 points.
11) You may play more than one event a week, but only your best result will be counted.
12) The ranking points will be awarded according to a chart: http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=326409.
Only the 17 best tournaments will be counted. You can find the full rankings here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=364687.
The Race to the Championships is available here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=365258
"There's an eye in me soup!"
Last edited by watchdogfish : Oct 18th, 2009 at 08:34 PM.
Oct 10th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: United States
Re: Fill-in-the-Draw #51| Linz 2009| Main draw out, send in your draws!
Pennetta d. Shaughnessy
Groenefeld d. Vinci
Hradecka d. Olaru
Cirstea d. Q/LL
[3/WC]Wickmayer d. Bacsinszky
Bammer d. Dulgheru
Malek d. Q/LL
Parra Satonja d. Errani
Benesova d. Q/LL
Petkovic d. Kvitova
Govortsova d. Q/LL
Suarez Navarro d. Srebotnik
Safarova d. [WC]Mayr
[WC]Meusburger d. Radwanska
Cornet d. Barrois
Radwanska d. Niculescu
Pennetta d. Groenefeld
Hradecka d. Cirstea
Bammer d. [3/WC]Wickmayer
Malek d. Parra Satonja
Benesova d. Petkovic
Suarez Navarro d. Govortsova
Safarova d. [WC]Meusburger
Radwanska d. Cornet
Pennetta d. Hradecka
Bammer d. Malek
Benesova d. Suarez Navarro
Radwanska d. Safarova
Pennetta d. Bammer
Radwanska d. Benesova
Pennetta d. Radwanska
FITD: Pattaya City'10, Bad Gastein'11, Marrakech'14
Q-Ball: Seoul'12, Hobart'13, Katowice'13, Roland Garros'14
ATC: Hopman Cup S5, Bali S6, Toronto S7, US Open S7, Antwerp S7, Moscow S7, Amelia Island S8, Cincinnati S8, New Haven S8
OWTT: New Haven S2, Rome S4, Strasbourg S4, New Haven S5, Dubai S6, Roland Garros S7, Stanford S7, Montreal S7, Tashkent S7, Monterrey S8, Stuttgart S8, Roland Garros S8, Australian Open S9
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off