Sachie Ishizu Thread! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 8th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #46
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sachie Ishizu Thread!

R2: Sachie Ishizu (JPN) d. (2)Silvia Soler-Espinosa (ESP) 64 61

Good win
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #47
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

EXCELLENT win for Sachie

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #48
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

QF: (6)Cagla Buyukakcay (TUR) d. Sachie Ishizu (JPN) 63 62
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #49
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute

Awww

Next up is 25k Woking Hopefully I'll see her on Tuesday.

Old Jul 12th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #50
country flag -sugi-

Woking R1
(3)Katie O'Brien (GBR) v Sachie Ishizu (JPN)

Tough match for Sachie. I'm going tomorrow to cheer her on, assuming I'm out of my bed in time as the match starts at 10.

Old Jul 13th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #51
country flag -sugi-

Sachie choked, losing 62 46 67(3), when she lead 6/2 4/1

However, Katie had quite a few compliments about Sachie:
Despite a rankings gap of 179 places, Britain's number two and the current world No.134 was pushed all the way in an extremely tight match dominated by some fierce baseline hitting from the young Japanese hopeful.

Speaking after the match, O'Brien said:

"I was literally down and out at a set and 4-1 down and she was absolutely killing me. Then I tried to mix things up a bit and I thought I should at least try and make her win it.

"I then managed to get the second set back and in the third I had a lot of chances and got really frustrated when I couldn't take them. As the match went on the quality of the tennis got better so I was really pleased to pull it out in the end and hold my nerve really well.

"Ishizu played such a great match. Some of her winners were unbelievable. Even when I was serving at 6-5 in the match she hit three blinding winners. I knew I couldn't compete with her on that level so I was trying to hit a lot of high balls and slice shots to try and disrupt her rhythm and I just had to try and hang in with her and run everything down.

"Winning that match will help my confidence a lot. I've lost a lot of close matches lately and it's tough to keep bouncing back so it's great to pull that one off. I knew it would be a tough draw. She has a great future and all these up and coming juniors are always very dangerous to play against."

Ishizu came out of the block firing on all cylinders and quickly wrapped up the first set without allowing O'Brien an avenue into the match. However once the Yorkshire player adapted to the pace of Ishizu, she managed to fight back and eventually claimed the match on a final set tie-break 2-6, 6-4, 7-6 (3).

Also, O'Brien even wrote on her twitter ; 'Ishizu is def. one to look out for!'

Unfortunately I couldn't go as the bus I needed to get near the club doesn't run until 7:30pm. There was no other way I could get there. Oh well. Sachie's playing doubles with Inoue

Last edited by -sugi- : Aug 3rd, 2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old Jul 13th, 2010, 07:28 PM   #52
country flag CrazyTennis

CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all CrazyTennis is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sugi- View Post
Sachie choked, losing 62 46 67(3), when she lead 6/2 4/1

However, Katie had quite a few compliments about Sachie:
Despite a rankings gap of 179 places, Britain's number two and the current world No.134 was pushed all the way in an extremely tight match dominated by some fierce baseline hitting from the young Japanese hopeful.

Speaking after the match, O'Brien said:

"I was literally down and out at a set and 4-1 down and she was absolutely killing me. Then I tried to mix things up a bit and I thought I should at least try and make her win it.

"I then managed to get the second set back and in the third I had a lot of chances and got really frustrated when I couldn't take them. As the match went on the quality of the tennis got better so I was really pleased to pull it out in the end and hold my nerve really well.

"Ishizu played such a great match. Some of her winners were unbelievable. Even when I was serving at 6-5 in the match she hit three blinding winners. I knew I couldn't compete with her on that level so I was trying to hit a lot of high balls and slice shots to try and disrupt her rhythm and I just had to try and hang in with her and run everything down.

"Winning that match will help my confidence a lot. I've lost a lot of close matches lately and it's tough to keep bouncing back so it's great to pull that one off. I knew it would be a tough draw. She has a great future and all these up and coming juniors are always very dangerous to play against."

Ishizu came out of the block firing on all cylinders and quickly wrapped up the first set without allowing O'Brien an avenue into the match. However once the Yorkshire player adapted to the pace of Ishizu, she managed to fight back and eventually claimed the match on a final set tie-break 2-6, 6-4, 7-6 (3).

Unfortunately I couldn't go as the bus I needed to get near the club doesn't run until 7:30pm. There was no other way I could get there. Oh well. Sachie's playing doubles with Inoue
Thanx for the report, Sugi! Ishizu seems like she could be Asia's next big thing, hopefully she gets better mentally! Good luck Sachie!
CrazyTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2010, 11:28 AM   #53
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

Another choke from Sachie
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #54
country flag JujulCactus

JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of JujulCactus has much to be proud of

Sugi !!! Sachie, seems to play a great match
All the best in double with Miyabi !!
Date-Krumm Baltacha Chan Riske Kleybanova Morita Szavay Lertcheewakarn Groenefeld
_ And Asagoe & Dementieva Forever _
JujulCactus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #55
country flag -sugi-

Two other pictures from Wimbledon I hadn't seen:

Old Jul 28th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #56
country flag -sugi-

Sachie will represent Japan at the Youth Olympics:

Old Aug 4th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #57
country flag Daena

Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all

Why Sachie didn't enter Jr USO?
Daena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2010, 10:46 AM   #58
country flag -sugi-

She didn't? Grrr, she'd have been one of the favourites for the win!

I'm guessing she wants to focus on her senior career now, which is fair enough. But this would still have been Sachie's last chance to have played a Junior Grand Slam. I'm hoping she'll make the cut for the Aus open qually draw.

Welcome to Sachie's thread, Daena!

Old Aug 4th, 2010, 12:34 PM   #59
country flag Daena

Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all Daena is a name known to all

Hi Sugi
Here is Entry list
Pity she isn't there.
Daena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2010, 10:36 PM   #60
country flag -sugi-

Thanks