Ayumi Morita fans! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 8th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #1
country flag ex hopman

ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of
Ayumi Morita fans!

Ayumi Morita has been applying to JTA to become a pro.
On 12th, it seems to be happening after the JTA's approval.

She'll be the youngest Japanese professional tennis player ever at the age of 15 years and 1 month.

She just graduated from her hometown's junior high school just past month.
She's training with Junichi Maruyama, Ai Sugiyama's former coach. She trains at Ai's tennis club.

Last edited by ex hopman : Apr 11th, 2005 at 01:32 AM.
ex hopman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2005, 04:51 PM   #2
country flag tom2791

tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all tom2791 is a name known to all
Oooh, she is my favourite junior player! Good luck Ayumi! Will she still play juniors?
tom2791 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2005, 04:52 PM   #3
country flag pcrtennis

pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future pcrtennis has a brilliant future
Go Ayumi!
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 04:23 AM   #4
oaki

oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all oaki is a name known to all
Ayumi, Finally. welcome to the tour

do ur best
oaki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #5
country flag Nochi

Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold
Go Go Ayu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make Japanese proud of u !!!

3 Single Title
2006 : Bali , Luxembourg
2007 : Portugal
10 Double Titles
2005 : Stanford , US Open
2006 : Pattaya,Dubai,Berlin,US Open,Bali,Beijing,Luxembourg
2007 : Antwerp
Nochi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2005, 01:33 AM   #6
country flag ex hopman

ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of ex hopman has much to be proud of
She lost in the final at Japan Open Jr.
but good job, Ayumi!!

Old Apr 11th, 2005, 09:47 AM   #7
country flag Nochi

Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold Nochi is a splendid one to behold
Great Job!! Ayu ...we r waitin u in Roland Garros !!

3 Single Title
10 Double Titles
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:29 PM   #8
country flag ex hopman

Ayumi received a WC for the Gifu challenger next week!

I assume she needs one more tournament to be ranked??
She has 6.75 points so far?? so she's ranked about 950 with 2 tournaments...

Old Apr 28th, 2005, 11:32 AM   #9
country flag Nochi

do your best in Gifu !! Ayu

3 Single Title
10 Double Titles
Old May 1st, 2005, 06:18 PM   #10
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute
TOKYO, April 12 (Kyodo) - National junior champion Ayumi Morita became the youngest Japanese professional tennis player of all time at 15 years and one month when tennis officials gave the green light to her application Tuesday.

The Japan Tennis Association board of directors agreed that Morita has met the eligibility requirements for turning pro, including her national ranking. Former Fed Cup player Maya Kidowaki began her professional career in 1985 at 16 years and three months for the previous record.

Morita, who graduated from a junior high school in Gunma Prefecture last month and trains at a club run by the management office for Ai Sugiyama, reached the women's singles quarterfinals of the national championships last fall.

She won the under-18 national junior title last year and advanced to the last 16 of the Australian Open Junior Championships in January.

Junichi Maruyama, Sugiyama's former coach, serves as her coach.

The WTA, which governs the women's professional tennis circuit, limits 15-year-old players to eight tournament appearances a year in a bid to protect them from suffering burnout.

04/12/05 07:49 EDT
Old May 4th, 2005, 03:13 PM   #11
country flag ex hopman

From Sports Hochi
15 year-old, Morita wins the first match as a pro- Tennis Kangaroo Cup Day 1

15 year-old, Ayumi Morita (Palm International TA) won her first match as a pro. On the first round, she defeated the world ranked 246th and the tournament's no. 8th seed, Sophie Fergason (19, AUS) with three setters of the score 6-4, 3-6, 7-5. She is guranteed to receive her first prize money of $760 at this $50,000 WTA-challenger tournament.

This 15 year-old pro suddenly faced a rough test.

In the final set, it was 3-5 after the eighth game. If she lost one more game, she would've been a loser of the game. She never gave up. "The opponent must be tired. Let's avoid easy errors." After three deuce points, she attacked the left side by a forehand, and stepped forward to the net and hit the overhead. Then, she won the next four straight games.

"I used to lose control when I started playing poorly before. Now, I am playing in front of audience, so I can't play badly." The 15 year-old had a comment like a professional.

For 2 months after the announcement of her professional status, she left her hometown in Gunma, and stayed at her grandparents' in Yokohama. Now she trains at Palm International TA. Her mother, Hiromi (39) says with laughing, "Nothing really has been changed (since she became a pro). When she plays mini-tennis with her brother (Kazuhiro, 13), she could lose for her brother, but she always desperates to win."

After this tournament, her name will be appeared on WTA ranking list for the very first time. After the 2 hour 7 minute game, she'll receive 79,800yen, which is easily surpassed her this New Year's monetary gift by her father, Tomohiro (48) of 10,000yen. "maybe (I am going to) save it." For now, her goal is "I play at grandslam tournaments by the age of 17 or 18, and I'd like to get into top 10 someday." This 15 year-old's goal is really big.

(sorry for the rough translation)

Old May 5th, 2005, 01:39 PM   #12
country flag Nochi

great beginning !!

3 Single Title
10 Double Titles
Old May 6th, 2005, 05:03 AM   #13
country flag ex hopman

15 year-old Morita easily advanced to quarterfinal after 66 minutes.

(Gifu) The Japan's youngest pro, Ayumi Morita (15=PITA) joined the final eight at her debut tournament. At this week's WTA challenger tournament, Kangaroo Cup (prize money: $50,000), Morita defeated Breadmore (21=Australia) the champion of Yamaguchi International held a few weeks ago with 6-4, 6-1 in 66 minutes. Only trouble she had was only when Breadmore caught Morita's lead in the first set from 1-4 to 4-4. Overall, Morita dominated the whole match with her hard hit groundstrokes. She'll play the tournament's no.4 seed, Obata in quarterfinal.

From Sports Hochi

Old May 6th, 2005, 08:49 AM   #14
country flag Nochi

Go Go !! Morita ....Beat your Sempai ..

3 Single Title
10 Double Titles
Old May 6th, 2005, 08:52 AM   #15
country flag Nochi

QF Gifu50k

Obata def Morita 6-0 6-4...
Great Debut ....

3 Single Title
10 Double Titles