Kiki Bertens - Page 65 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 28th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #961
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kiki Bertens

Can someone tell me how the coaching situation is of Kiki Bertens?

I also rewatched some matches from Paris, her game is so good
It's unbelievable how she seems to be out of so many points but still wins them thanks to her BH slice, she wins so many points thanks to it and she controls it so well

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:39 AM   #962
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
Can someone tell me how the coaching situation is of Kiki Bertens?

I also rewatched some matches from Paris, her game is so good
It's unbelievable how she seems to be out of so many points but still wins them thanks to her BH slice, she wins so many points thanks to it and she controls it so well
Kiki has been training with Martin van der Brugghen (coach at Berkel and Rodenrijs) since she started playing tennis. And Christiaan de Jong is her coach during tournaments and travels with her. Kiki can get a bit down or nervous during matches and what I like is that Christiaan is able to calm her down and be really positive during on court coaching. I even saw them laughing and joking once. Also I think that one time she asked for her coach at a point where she was quite in control of the match, but maybe she was getting a bit nervous. And he was like, but what do you want me to say? You’re doing great, just keep playing like this I think she can get nervous or insecure at times and he is able to help her stay relax and positive. But it's still all pretty new for Kiki and all going so fast. She seems to work hard and fight though.

She didn’t play juniors and played just a few 10k’s in Holland. But when she was able to fully focus on tennis, she went from 10k’s, challengers, WTA (and WTA title) and playing GS in a short period of time. It can be overwhelming I guess. This year is going to be a big year, having points to defend. So it's good to know she has good coaches and support.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI

Last edited by Sasja : Mar 1st, 2013 at 05:45 AM.
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:51 AM   #963
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Kiki with Martin

And this is a clip of Christiaan coaching Kiki during the final of WTA Fes where she was about to serve for the 1st set at *5-4

http://nos.nl/video/367602-coach-spr...s-moed-in.html

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:53 AM   #964
country flag DennisNL

DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold DennisNL is a splendid one to behold

She lost against Errani 4-6 4-6

Good job, though!
DennisNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:59 AM   #965
country flag Sasja

Kiki just lost her QF to Errani 4-6 4-6

Was down 0-3 (2 breaks) in the 1st set. Came back to 4-4, but lost her serve again and Errani served for the 1st set.
In the 2nd she was also a break down and came back to 3 all.

Shame we couldn't watch it. A good test and experience for Kiki.

Sara with 93% 1st serves in

Kiki's stats:
2 aces / 3 DF
58% 1st serves in, winning 52% of the points
51% 2nd serve points won
8/13 BP saved

40% 1st return points won
75% 2nd return points won (3/4)
3/8 BP won
Total points won 61/128

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 06:30 AM   #966
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

Good scoreline for Kiki

Off to IW!

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM   #967
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
Kiki has been training with Martin van der Brugghen (coach at Berkel and Rodenrijs) since she started playing tennis. And Christiaan de Jong is her coach during tournaments and travels with her. Kiki can get a bit down or nervous during matches and what I like is that Christiaan is able to calm her down and be really positive during on court coaching. I even saw them laughing and joking once. Also I think that one time she asked for her coach at a point where she was quite in control of the match, but maybe she was getting a bit nervous. And he was like, but what do you want me to say? You’re doing great, just keep playing like this I think she can get nervous or insecure at times and he is able to help her stay relax and positive. But it's still all pretty new for Kiki and all going so fast. She seems to work hard and fight though.

She didn’t play juniors and played just a few 10k’s in Holland. But when she was able to fully focus on tennis, she went from 10k’s, challengers, WTA (and WTA title) and playing GS in a short period of time. It can be overwhelming I guess. This year is going to be a big year, having points to defend. So it's good to know she has good coaches and support.
Ok thanks

This makes me very happy, for some reason I thought she was a player with rotating coaches and such but I'm happy to hear she has just Christiaan traveling with her!
He does indeed seem to be a good influence .

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 07:30 PM   #968
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

planning on using this gif sometimes from now on

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
Old Mar 1st, 2013, 08:23 PM   #969
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute

Watching (well, sort of) Arvidsson-Safarova, Linz 2012.

(There is a little story behind this picture: Security in Linz asked me to take some pictures of a shady couple...)

Bibiane Weijers Official Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bibischoofs
Rix643 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM   #970
country flag Advantage_Set

Advantage_Set is a glorious beacon of light Advantage_Set is a glorious beacon of light Advantage_Set is a glorious beacon of light Advantage_Set is a glorious beacon of light Advantage_Set is a glorious beacon of light Advantage_Set is a glorious beacon of light Advantage_Set is a glorious beacon of light Advantage_Set is a glorious beacon of light Advantage_Set is a glorious beacon of light Advantage_Set is a glorious beacon of light Advantage_Set is a glorious beacon of light

Great to see Kiki doing so well against Errani. In hindsight, she won the most games against her of any player of the tournament (alright, together with Bouchard). Really looking forward to her clay season this year.
Advantage_Set is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #971
country flag Borisz

Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light Borisz is a glorious beacon of light

And Kiki is not one pupil from the KNLTB(Royal Dutch tennis association) youth academy. She had chosen her own path and that is a good thing.

I dont have much faith in the people who running the organisation atm.
Borisz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #972
country flag trancefreak1987

trancefreak1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Drawn against Annika Beck in R1 of Indian Wells...
trancefreak1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #973
country flag GoofyDuck

Beck again, Kiki should win in 2 this time

Old Mar 5th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #974
country flag MarkNL

Yeah, Beck is slumping and with Kiki doing so well she should be able to win in 2

Old Mar 7th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #975
country flag GoofyDuck

Gogo Kiki

*0-15