Kiki Bertens - Page 117 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 25th, 2014, 08:11 AM   #1741
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kiki Bertens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
Kiki just moved from Washington Q to the MD as Bouchard WD.
Good to hear She's played enough Q this year
yet the weakest one still

twitter
Håkon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 26th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #1742
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

Washington draw has been done:

3) Cornet vs wc-Rogers
Kr. Pliskova vs Erakovic
Jovanovski vs Q
8) Cirstea vs Bertens

Obviously down in the head to head but I think Kiki has a shot here. She served for the match last year against Cirstea. Cirstea also is in bad form, she was beaten 1 and 1 by Voegele in Baku this week. Also Sorana is 8-15 for the year on W/L and lost Wimbledon R1. So I think Kiki has a chance to win a round. Beating Jovanovski or a Q is also very well possible.

GL Kiki

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2014, 04:08 PM   #1743
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute
Winnable match
Come on Kiki

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #1744
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute
Well.. Lost 46/64/36
Was up 3-0 in the 3rd set
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 11:25 AM   #1745
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute
Same every match

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #1746
country flag Brian4Canada

Brian4Canada has disabled reputation

it was a strange match...her coach was incredibly frustrated the entire time (especially when she weakly double faulted into the bottom of the net to lose the first set) and when she went up 5-2 in the second set and then gave two games back he just started mumbling to himself like a crazy person and then stormed off. He didn't return. Not sure if this is something that happens often to try and motivate her or if he was genuinely as upset as he seemed. It definitely didn't look like she asked him to leave. Maybe he was just cold, by 11PM or so it got wicked cold and windy for DC in the summer, but that seems very unlikely.

I'm not that familiar with her but it did seem like she got so incredibly passive and tight when she got up in the score. I doubt he would have been so frustrated had she kept going for her shots and missing. I was impressed with her defense but obviously that's not her game and somehow Cirstea (usually a very tight and nervy player) took advantage of all those second and third chances and won pretty much every prolonged deuce game in the match.

Anyway I don't think I've posted on this site in like 3 years but thought that might be interesting to those of you who are Kiki Bertens fans. Viktor (Cirstea's coach) was very vocal and came out a few times. In my opinion Kiki really could have used some encouragement and reassurance between the second and third sets but she was literally out there on her own since very few spectators were left at that time. Perhaps a good learning experience... time will tell.
Brian4Canada is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #1747
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

Really gutted about this loss, she and we all hate for her to lose like this because it has happened so often and we all want it to end

I can recall at least 4 matches within the last 2 years where she went up a break or double break in the third and subsequently lost 6 games in a row. Also she double faulted on setpoint in the first set for Cirstea, which she also did in her match against Ivanovic at the Australian Open. This was a big opportunity for Kiki to win some points

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 10:49 PM   #1748
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

She might need a mental coach

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Duan Ying-Ying - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 11:23 PM   #1749
country flag MarkNL

Kiki signed up for the MM in Hong Kong the week after the USO and she is in MD already Hopefully she will play, although I wouldn't be surprised if she withdrew because she is playing so many touraments the coming weeks.

Old Jul 30th, 2014, 12:39 AM   #1750
country flag FMD89

FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
She might need a mental coach
what she definitely doesnt need is a coach who walks away during a match. thats unacceptable and not helping at all.
FMD89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2014, 08:20 PM   #1751
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Kiki

Was up a double break in the final set

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2014, 11:14 PM   #1752
country flag MarkNL

Ugh, I think I should stop following Kiki on livescores when she is in a downswing, it just makes me so upset

Down 46 *22 against Tatishvili, choking so many breakpoints

Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 12:25 AM   #1753
country flag MarkNL

Wow, Kiki was down 46 *24 40-A against Tatishvili and still managed to win 46 64 61. i had completely given up halfway that second set, like 'here we go again' but then she won 10 of the next 11 games! she served really well in the first set but didn't win it and that kind of put me down 9 aces in total, great work Her serve is more of a weapon on hardcourt.

FQR against McHale, played 2 3-set matches in 2012 at Grand Slams against her which we all remember quite well I think. Tough loss on clay at the French and revenge on HC at the US Open.

Good luck!

Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 09:34 AM   #1754
country flag Dead Net Cord

Dead Net Cord is a name known to all Dead Net Cord is a name known to all Dead Net Cord is a name known to all Dead Net Cord is a name known to all Dead Net Cord is a name known to all Dead Net Cord is a name known to all Dead Net Cord is a name known to all Dead Net Cord is a name known to all Dead Net Cord is a name known to all Dead Net Cord is a name known to all Dead Net Cord is a name known to all

My faves' clash in the FQR
Dead Net Cord is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2014, 10:02 AM   #1755
country flag Elwin.
-

Nice to see Kiki coming back. What a fight
Confidence boost. Nothing to lose against McHale