Kiki Bertens - Page 102 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2014, 10:53 PM   #1516
country flag FMD89

FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice FMD89 is just really nice
Re: Kiki Bertens

Quote:
Tatiana @_Tatinka_ · 3 uur
Nastya says that Kiki was cheering the winners when Nastya had to serve underarm serves. Kiki fistpumped and shouted "Come on" in her face.

Tatiana @_Tatinka_ · 3 uur
Also from Pavs interview: Kiki didn't tell her anything after Nastya had to retire. Bertens thanked the crowds and nearly teared up
I like and support kiki, but please learn some manners/respect. this is so unclassy and ugly behaviour from her. which i not expected.

Last edited by FMD89 : May 29th, 2014 at 11:15 PM.
FMD89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 30th, 2014, 02:47 AM   #1517
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMD89 View Post
I like and support kiki, but please learn some manners/respect. this is so unclassy and ugly behaviour from her. which i not expected.
If that's true that is pretty ugly And so unlike her

Still, great win and into Round 3

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 07:42 AM   #1518
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

I jus saw the clip late last night and yeah I thought Kiki could have handled the situation better.

She was fighting really hard in the 1st and 2nd set and stayed in the match. They were playing for 2 hours and it was really close and tough match. At the end of the 2nd set Kiki started to play better. In the middle of the game at 4-5 2nd set Nastia asked for treatment. At SP she hits an underarm serve and Kiki returns with a dropshot. She screamed something like come on as she won the set with that point.

Don't think she should have celebrated like that. But I guess it was in the heat of the moment, having to save so many BP in that set and knowing she started to play better. Kiki said she wanted to stay focused not think of her opponenent may/may not be injured. She knew that after the treatment, she could be playing better in the 3rd again. After the 2nd set just when they wanted the start the 3rd Nastia went off the court to change her outfit. She obviously wanted to take a bit of extra time hoping painkillers would kick in. Kiki was aware of that and understood why she did that.

The "handshake" was more a high 5 from Nastia because of the injury and situation.

Kiki has had to deal with injuries as well before, retire with back problems and the ankle surgery last year. So she know what it's like. Her ranking has dropped because of the surgery and with this results, qualifying and her 1st R3 at a GS she seems on her way back to the top 100. Kiki seems like a nice player and don't think it was her intention to be rude or throw Nastia off. Hope Kiki realises and learns from this.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 07:54 AM   #1519
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that the C'mon on setpoint perhaps was a bit too much, but I don't think she realised how it made Nastia feel. However, the 2nd set was incredibly tight and Kiki saved 9 breakpoints in total in all of her 5 servicegames. I think the C'mon was just a release of the tension that she must have felt. Kiki is a nice girl, she never intended to be a bitch I think On the other hand, it is not true that Kiki didn't say anything to her at the net. She did say something but Pavs looked away and perhaps didn't hear it. Pavs also quickly walked away as she was upset.

I agree with Sasja, hopefully she can learn from this, but Nastia is overreacting a bit too imo, she didn't realise either what this match meant to Kiki namely a first third round at a slam

I'm done talking about this incident now though, let's focus on the next round

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko
MarkNL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 08:41 AM   #1520
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I had no idea it was on Set Point... That does change the situation a lot. I think Kiki is really great and she seems so nice in all her Dutch interviews but I think she just might have gotten a bit of a head rush Hopefully she can continue winning

Quote:
Old May 30th, 2014, 09:20 AM   #1521
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNL View Post
Shitty thing is that Kiki will still have to play Q at Wimbledon, even though she reached at least R3 here

This will do wonders for her ranking though, moves up to around 105 if I'm correct.
Wonder who will be the MDWC/QWC for Rosmalen besides Misa as no Dutchie will be a direct entry in Wimbledon MD Rus, Bertens, Hogenkamp are in Wimbledon Q list and according the EL thread Indy is Alt #2 at the moment.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 09:58 AM   #1522
country flag MarkNL

MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute MarkNL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
Wonder who will be the MDWC/QWC for Rosmalen besides Misa as no Dutchie will be a direct entry in Wimbledon MD Rus, Bertens, Hogenkamp are in Wimbledon Q list and according the EL thread Indy is Alt #2 at the moment.
Would be nice if they gave WC's to Kerkhove and Burger Either for MD or Q.

By the way, if Kiki wins next round it is possible that she recieves an MDWC for Wimbledon. Last year Petkovic and Hradecka gained WC's based on their ranking. If she loses though, Soler-Espinosa will be a strong contender for a WC.

Arvidsson - Stosur - Lisicki - Kuwata - Nara - Krajicek - Bertens - Rus - Hogenkamp - Schoofs - Kerkhove - Burger - Giorgi - Larsson - Ishizu - Rezai - Diatchenko

Last edited by MarkNL : May 30th, 2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:12 AM   #1523
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasja View Post
I think Kiki should play Rosmalen instead of Wimbly Qualies and try and get really early matches As long as she didn't make QF she would be able to make it to Wimbledon and if she did make QF it would almost be worth missing out on the slam Playing at home is always good The Dutch should ask for the tournament to be played in 1st week. I also think Qualifying for Grand Slams shouldn't start before Thursday at the earliest...

Quote:
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:23 AM   #1524
country flag MarkNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I think Kiki should play Rosmalen instead of Wimbly Qualies and try and get really early matches As long as she didn't make QF she would be able to make it to Wimbledon and if she did make QF it would almost be worth missing out on the slam Playing at home is always good The Dutch should ask for the tournament to be played in 1st week. I also think Qualifying for Grand Slams shouldn't start before Thursday at the earliest...
Don't agree, Wimbledon trumps all other tournaments By the way, I thought Rosmalen is gonna move to a week earlier somewhere in the near future. The grass season is gonna get extended by a week from next year on IIRC

EDIT: From next year on, Rosmalen will be played three(!) weeks prior to Wimbledon together with new Nottingham tournament Birmingham is the week after and Eastbourne is the week before. That will allow a lot of Dutch players to play at home and not worry about Wimbledon Q

Old May 30th, 2014, 10:26 AM   #1525
country flag chingching

Quote:
Don't agree, Wimbledon trumps all other tournaments By the way, I thought Rosmalen is gonna move to a week earlier somewhere in the near future. The grass season is gonna get extended by a week from next year on IIRC
Kiki is not good on Grass though No point not playing a lead-up to potentially lose early in Qualifying...

And yes you are right from 2015

Quote:
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:27 AM   #1526
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute

I think there was one year Arantxa played Rosmalen and we all hoped she would get a WC for Wimbledon (she'd played well at RG). Her ranking crashed and has never recovered
game wins: FITD US Open '12, Guangzhou '10 (#1 since 8 July 2013), TT Indian Wells '11, TT doubles Moskva '11, Brussel '12, Pattaya '13, Stuttgart '13 (w/Andreas), PAW 4 titles, Suicide Olympic gold + 2 titles, Tipping 3 titles (#1 for 25 weeks, USO Series '12), Q-Ball 7 titles, Blackjack #1 2012, Pentathlon #1 2012 (5 titles)
Азарэнка | Павлюченкова | Arvidsson | Halep | Eikeri | Clijsters | Rus | Van Uytvanck | Watson | Bertens | Superboerin Hogenkamp | Weijers
Håkon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:37 AM   #1527
country flag MarkNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Kiki is not good on Grass though No point not playing a lead-up to potentially lose early in Qualifying...

And yes you are right from 2015
I think it's too early to say that. She beat Safarova 3 and 0 at Wimbledon and even though she lost to Shvedova the next round she played a decent match. Besides, I think she has only played like 6 or 7 matches on grass in her whole career so let's wait for this year's grass season and if she goes to shit suddenly I'll give you credit

By the way, I found out that Kiki is the only qualifier left in the tournament, both in the men's and women's draw.

Old May 30th, 2014, 10:43 AM   #1528
country flag chingching

Quote:
I think it's too early to say that. She beat Safarova 3 and 0 at Wimbledon and even though she lost to Shvedova the next round she played a decent match. Besides, I think she has only played like 6 or 7 matches on grass in her whole career so let's wait for this year's grass season and if she goes to shit suddenly I'll give you credit

By the way, I found out that Kiki is the only qualifier left in the tournament, both in the men's and women's draw.
I did not know she won that match vs Safarova Maybe she should play Birmingham/Nottingham first and from that decide whether to take a Rosmalen WC

Quote:
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #1529
country flag Håkon

Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute Håkon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wow good find
game wins: FITD US Open '12, Guangzhou '10 (#1 since 8 July 2013), TT Indian Wells '11, TT doubles Moskva '11, Brussel '12, Pattaya '13, Stuttgart '13 (w/Andreas), PAW 4 titles, Suicide Olympic gold + 2 titles, Tipping 3 titles (#1 for 25 weeks, USO Series '12), Q-Ball 7 titles, Blackjack #1 2012, Pentathlon #1 2012 (5 titles)
Азарэнка | Павлюченкова | Arvidsson | Halep | Eikeri | Clijsters | Rus | Van Uytvanck | Watson | Bertens | Superboerin Hogenkamp | Weijers
Håkon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #1530
country flag MarkNL

Kiki's view on the next round and she even talks a bit about the commotion on twitter regarding yesterday's match:

http://nos.nl/video/654673-ontspanne...r-euforie.html