Justine Henin's career 2.0 : Fans introductions - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 05:45 AM   #31
country flag fioredeliberi

fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Justine Henin's career 2.0 : Fans introductions

From Singapore.

I am 30+ and trade financial products for a living. I am married with a child. My hobbies are running marathons, martial arts and shooting. Racially chinese. Female.

First time I saw Justine was when she lost to Venus at Wimbledon. Even in defeat, she had class, grace and emotional control. Her story about promising her mother(deceased) to play at Roland Garros and win(while watching Steffi Graf) was very touching.

I like her game and her movement, esp that great backhand I am always trying to copy. I like her intense matches against the badly behaved Serena(everyone knows now what a poor sport Serena is--but last time everyone kept making excuses for her because of racial reasons), and I also find Justine's life story compelling.

I played as a junior but never got anywhere, I guess I admire her game and find it so watchable compared to the doublehanded ballbashers like Masha(who is a nice person, tho cold), Venus, Serena and the Russians.

Although Justine is still young, she demonstrates a certain grace and philosophy in life I find admirable. She is for sure a person of substance.
She is clueless in politics and world affairs, but when in comes to her personal life and her tennis, she has insights that shows she is a person of depth.

I extend the warmest welcome to all her fans here, and wish you all the best enjoyment, stress and fulfillment in watching Justine's comeback. Also all the best in your personal lives.

Specially Cecilijia, Rott, j-fan, shell, Maiden, Allez-H, explorer and so many others. Good to see you all again.

Allez, Justine!!!!!!

Last edited by fioredeliberi : Sep 23rd, 2009 at 05:53 AM.
fioredeliberi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 05:53 AM   #32
country flag lightningquick

lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold lightningquick is a splendid one to behold

^ wow fior its good to have u back and im back as well lols. only ju can ull me back to wtaworld or whatever they call it now

call me jessie by the way..
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 06:22 AM   #33

fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light fioredeliberi is a glorious beacon of light

Hi jessie, wish you the best.
Forgot to mention miss molly and many others who were kind enough to speak to me on these boards.
Looks like I have to subscribe to the sports channel again.
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 06:58 AM   #34
country flag turt
Team WTAworld

turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of

Hi!

I'm 28 and I live close to the "Justine N1 tennis club" in Belgium (I have actually played recently on the courts we've seen on TV yesterday, which she uses for training).
I have started following Justine in 1997 when she won Roland Garros Juniors, then in 2001 I became a member of this forum and started following her carreer actively. I can't believe I'm on this forum since eight years!

I have a lot of good memories, probably the most epic one is this crazy US Open 2003 semi-final against Capriati: I remember being awake for the whole night, then actually standing behind the sofa, head under a pillow during most of this crazy 3rd set...

I'm very excited about this 2.0 carreer, because in 2008 I was soooo disappointed when she announced her retirement. I thought the last time I had seen her playing live was when I went to the Antwerp final for her last WTA title...
I think we all know Justine has always expected most of her fans' expectations during her 1.0 carreer, so I expect her to do the same in the future.
I predict 1 slam victory in 2010, but she may as well surprise us all and win 3-4 slams (including Wimbledon) + Miami
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 07:15 AM   #35
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back guys. It seems HHQ has come back life again.
Anyway, where's Greenout.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 07:24 AM   #36
country flag turt
Team WTAworld

turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of turt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmachine View Post
Welcome back guys. It seems HHQ has come back life again.
Anyway, where's Greenout.
Greenout is active on Justine's official forum, I'm pretty sure he will come back here soon...
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 07:25 AM   #37
country flag emramsden

emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all emramsden is a name known to all

It's good to be back here. I'm one of the oldest here at 37. I've been a fan since Wimbledon 2001. I love the way Justine plays tennis, but I also love her character and the way she has overcome the hard circumstances in her life. I have a big collection of her matches on DVD. I have to record them because I can't bear the tension of watching her live! I really hope she takes care of her body in 2010 and plans the right schedule that will enable her to win Wimbledon.
emramsden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 08:13 AM   #38
country flag Helaena

Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of Helaena has much to be proud of

hi all!

i'm helen, 28 and from the philippines but currently residing in dubai...i have been a justine fan since dubai 2007. i have never been a tennis fan and always find it boring, but then a friend invited me to see her match in dubai 2007 against paszek, and again agianst amelie on the finals and i got hooked from then on...for me, the most memorable (other than the dubai 07 final vs. amelie) is the whole 2007 USO...it was really crazy and intense...it was one of the justine highlights i guess...

i am happy ju is back, i can't wait to cheer for her once more...i can't wait for all those sleepless nights, heart-pounding moments to come back...it's all part of the beauty of being a justine fan...

nice to see everyone back too! =)
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 08:58 AM   #39
country flag Maiden

Maiden is a glorious beacon of light Maiden is a glorious beacon of light Maiden is a glorious beacon of light Maiden is a glorious beacon of light Maiden is a glorious beacon of light Maiden is a glorious beacon of light Maiden is a glorious beacon of light Maiden is a glorious beacon of light Maiden is a glorious beacon of light Maiden is a glorious beacon of light Maiden is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys, my name is Anna and I'm Italian, although I live in Germany at the moment. I'm 29 and I have been interested in tennis for a long time now, I still play actively whenever I get the chance. I started following closely Justine's career from Roland Garros 2003. I recall it was freaking hot back home and I had to study for an exam at the university scheduled a couple of days away. But the semifinal was on, and despite my best efforts I hardly opened a book that day! It was worth it, though

Needless to say, I am overjoyed she's back and can't wait to see what she's got in store for 2010.

Maiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:11 AM   #40
country flag NZ tennis fan

NZ tennis fan has much to be proud of NZ tennis fan has much to be proud of NZ tennis fan has much to be proud of NZ tennis fan has much to be proud of NZ tennis fan has much to be proud of NZ tennis fan has much to be proud of NZ tennis fan has much to be proud of NZ tennis fan has much to be proud of NZ tennis fan has much to be proud of NZ tennis fan has much to be proud of NZ tennis fan has much to be proud of

Hi everyone, my name is Paddy, I'm 23 and from New Zealand.
Ive only posted once in justine's player forum, when she retired . I started following justine in 2002 and have been a big fan of hers ever since. I love the fact she shows that short people can still kick arse at tennis . Also I hope she decides to make the ASB classic in Auckland her first tournament in her comeback!

My fave forever Justine Henin

Daniela Hantuchova, Andrea Petkovic and Ana Ivanovic
NZ tennis fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:15 AM   #41
country flag Caralenko
Senior Bint.

Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute Caralenko has a reputation beyond repute

As a side note, it might be fun to pester the admins about putting up a Justine avatar in the standard avatar collections. It makes sense, she's more successful and well-liked than some of the people we have avatars for
Caralenko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 09:38 AM   #42
country flag elle-marie

elle-marie is a name known to all elle-marie is a name known to all elle-marie is a name known to all elle-marie is a name known to all elle-marie is a name known to all elle-marie is a name known to all elle-marie is a name known to all elle-marie is a name known to all elle-marie is a name known to all elle-marie is a name known to all elle-marie is a name known to all

Hi everyone, I'm Elvira. My favourite tennis-players always were Justine and Kim. I'm their fan since 2003 year. But earlier I didn't have an opportunity to spend a lot of time in this forum and when this opportunity has appeared, both of them have retired.
But now there has come unexpected and unbelievable, simply happy time for me!
elle-marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 12:50 PM   #43
country flag drivevolley

drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light drivevolley is a glorious beacon of light

Hi all, im Gill, 19, from scotland. I first became a ju fan after watching the wimby 2001 final vs venus. I suppose the main reason why i startd liking ju was because she plays the game exactly how i try to play it - so i was nice to see another woman with a single handed backhand (although i have to admit hers is just a tad better than mine!!!) .... And i guess i have enjoyed being tortured watching her win matches after being x amount of match points down ever since!
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 01:09 PM   #44
country flag j-fan

j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of j-fan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSOFInfinity View Post
Hi guys.... I'm from Malaysia, and one of her biggest fans in this board from Malaysia (other than Patrick.... wait, you support Justine? )

My memory of her 2007 season, where she won 2 Slams and the YEC while dominating the field... hopefully she will recapture the same form again next year, and finally win Wimbledon!
I love your picture with Justine walking away. It's so sad and poignant taking with it dreams of so many of her fans.

But now happy times are here again.

Allez, Allez, Allez

Adieu Justine. There'll never be another one like you

j-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2009, 02:42 PM   #45

Hi helaena, good to see u back also.

PS--Serena, your DOOM is here.....