Justine Henin's career 2.0 : Fans introductions - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 08:28 PM   #1
country flag ^bibi^
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again.

^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute ^bibi^ has a reputation beyond repute
Justine Henin's career 2.0 : Fans introductions

I thought it might be good for everybody to (re-) introduce his/herself now that the Justine's fan community is reunited

So I'll start :

My name is Greg, I'm 26, from Belgium, I've started following Justine in '97 when she won RG junior (mostly because she was belgian at the time though ) and then I really started following her when I saw her match against Davenport in Roland Garros

My best memory still is that first title in RG 2003 I guess

and My expectations for the rest of her career would actually not necessarly be winning Wimbly (Though I'd love it), But I'd really love it if she could equal or surpass Evert's record of 6 RG crowns

Now it's your turn

Current tournaments
Find the latest tournaments here

R.I.P. Elena Baltacha 1983-2014 Ü
^bibi^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 08:45 PM   #2
country flag cecilija

cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of cecilija has much to be proud of
Re: Justine Henin's career 2.0 : Fans introductions

I am Svetlana from Belgrade, Serbia, probably the most hated Ju fan on these boards. Or at least the most annoying

I am 25, will turn 26 next Tuesday, thank you Ju for this wonderful present

I saw her for the first time in 2001 in Wimbledon and it was love at first sight. Since then following Ju has been a rollercoaster of epic proportions, but I don't regret it for a second.

I am excited about her second career, but I don't really have any expectations. At least not for now I am just happy to see her play again. Many sleepless nights lie ahead
cecilija is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 08:49 PM   #3
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

OK Hi everyone.
My name is Wing. I'm 31 years old (god that's old ) and from Derby, UK.
My first time seeing her was Wimblendon final 2001 against Venus. She was so determined against Venus despite the odds. What a fight and that was when Venus was at her best.
I love her game. Her backhand was the best ever. Despite her size she seems able to beat people who are a lot bigger and stronger than herself.
My best memory of her was the semi final US Open 2003 against Capi. It was more like a drama than just a tennis match. I was jumping up and down after the match waked anyone at the house at the middle of the night.
Anyway, I don't know how far would she go this time. However, it will be nice if she wins Wimblendon.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006

Last edited by flyingmachine : Sep 23rd, 2009 at 11:08 PM.
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:19 PM   #4
country flag Jodie

Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute Jodie has a reputation beyond repute

Hullo!!!!

I'm DaniŽlle, 27 years.. From The Netherlands,.!

Am followin Ju since 1999..

It's SO nice to see the same names back on HHQ!!
I feel all nostalgia
On to 2010!!

Friendship is when people know all about you
but like you anyway
Jodie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:24 PM   #5
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully, more new blood at 2010.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:45 PM   #6
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jujufans I am very happy to present myself as a Jujufan for the first time here I don't know but before, I didn't want to post in players forums... I was so stupid, because I am sure it is way better than GM.

I am Deborah, 18 years old (one of the youngest jujufans I swear ), from France !

I didn't like tennis at all, I couldn't understand why so many people were watching Roland Garros at the TV... Shame on me ! I was writing a letter to a friend who lived in Hťnin-Beaumont and I was watching the TV at the same time to distract myself... and when I switched to France 2 , I saw Justine Hťnin it was funny. But when I realized that she was not as tall nor strong as Serena Williams... And she was defeating her. Serena Williams. At that moment, she was so famous for her Serena Slam.. Justine has really impressed me. So I have been following tennis and her since RG 2003 Thanks to her, I am now a crazy tennis fan !!!

My best memory... hummm... don't know That 2003 semifinal against JenCap, Olympic Games I remember I was supporting Mauresmo until she faced Justine and my friends didn't understand me USO 2007 was so intense, so amazing, she was at her peak !

My expectations? Well I expect nothing for the moment, I just want her to enjoy the game, to do her best... Wow I actually never thought I would say that one day. I thought it was only for hypocrites to write this kind of things about expectations

But I would be freaking happy if she finally wins WIMBLEDON !
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:48 PM   #7
minboy

minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of minboy has much to be proud of

My name is NoŽl and my best memory of Justine is when she will not play Eastbourne next year
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:59 PM   #8
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by minboy View Post
My name is NoŽl and my best memory of Justine is when she will not play Eastbourne next year
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 09:59 PM   #9
country flag shell

shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of

Good idea Greg.

I'm Shelley, one of the elders at 45, and I live in the US. I watched and played tennis from an early age, but then quit the sport for almost 20 years. One day I was flipping the TV channels, and saw the most amazing, beautiful player - it was Justine on RG clay in '07. I've not turned back since. I play 10 hours per week, and have supported Justine from that moment on.

She plays tennis the way I think it should be played, and she seems like such a thoughtful, intense, interesting person.
shell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 10:01 PM   #10
country flag shell

shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of shell has much to be proud of

Quote:
classic
shell is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 10:24 PM   #11
country flag The Crow
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lmao. One true Justine fan!

Joris here 34 years (not the oldest, thank you, shelley ) Justine got me hooked in that RG second round against Davenport. Most beautiful moment: 4th round win over the same Davenport. Was watching it on German tv till they quit somewhere far in the third set around 6 in the morning. Great memories

I don't expect much to be honest, but maybe that's because it hasn't sank in yet. I have no idea what to expect either. Hope she's more relaxed.
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 10:25 PM   #12
country flag The Crow
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus

The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute The Crow has a reputation beyond repute

And i agree, all these familiar posters in one forum again is great!
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 10:26 PM   #13
country flag snaily

snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice snaily is just really nice

Hi. I am Eszter from Hungary. I first saw Justine play at the WC at the end of 2002 when I checked her out because I heard her name on sports news way too often and I liked the way her name sounded (ok, there are stupid things that make me curious). I also liked the way she played. For some irrational reason, I hope to see her play Melanie Oudin. I feel that at the moment Justine would be the better player of the two, but the clashing of styles would be interesting. Today has been a(n almost) perfect day, I played tennis, got confirmation of Ju's return and immersed myself in the House, md season-opening two-parter. But of course work had to spoil the end of the day in the form of an email that my paper proposal did not make the conference program. too bad, but hey, Justine is back.
shell: you're envied for being able to play so much tennis.
snaily is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 11:35 PM   #14
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

Heya, i'm Leo(20 years old) from the netherlands. ^^ As many of you probably know i've been roaming around GM and occasionally come her in the HHQ for the relaxed atmosphere. I love seeing all these old posters again that left us 1.5 year ago! Makes me really happy.

The first professional tennismatch i ever saw on tv was henin-venus 2001. I was literally amazed, she made me fell in love with tennis. I became a passionate follower during RG 03 and cheered her to victory during the tournament. After that i became a passionate follower(as you might know ) and pretty much know every stat possible about justine's tenniscareer. It's just amazing. After justine retired i passionatly cheered for my second fave, elenaD(and i still hope she'll get that elusive first slam) but the spark that justine gave me just isn't to be compared. I literally put my heart in supporting her and will do so again next year.
I'm still amazed, shaking and with an ENORMOUS smile on my face the whole evening. It's just ridiculous.

I absolutely can't wait to order RG tickets and book a plane. I just have to see her play with my own eyes since i never got the chance.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22nd, 2009, 11:40 PM   #15
country flag eck
Esmerelda

eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute eck has a reputation beyond repute

Patrick. 21. Australia. From Malaysia. FO SF2003. Oddly enough I don't recall seeing the entire hand incident