Who is greater? Lindsay Davenport or Kim Clijsters? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who is greater? Lindsay Davenport or Kim Clijsters?

Lindsay Davenport 166 59.29%
Kim Clijsters 114 40.71%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 24th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #46
country flag The_roof

The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of The_roof has much to be proud of
Re: Who is greater? Lindsay Davenport or Kim Clijsters?

Lindsay
Advertisement

Old Oct 11th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #47
country flag serena_the_queen

serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future serena_the_queen has a brilliant future

Lindsay. Although she has 1 less slam, she has an Olympic gold, way more weeks at #1 and more titles.
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #48
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsay is obviously the tallest.
Hugues Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #49
country flag RyanGuy

RyanGuy is a splendid one to behold RyanGuy is a splendid one to behold RyanGuy is a splendid one to behold RyanGuy is a splendid one to behold RyanGuy is a splendid one to behold RyanGuy is a splendid one to behold RyanGuy is a splendid one to behold RyanGuy is a splendid one to behold RyanGuy is a splendid one to behold RyanGuy is a splendid one to behold RyanGuy is a splendid one to behold

Lindsay is the most accomplished.
RyanGuy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #50
country flag Anabelcroft

Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future Anabelcroft has a brilliant future

Although I like Kim more,I will go with Lindsay because her other accomplishments are greater then Kim's...weeks at number 1,overall titles,Olympic gold...
Anabelcroft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #51
country flag Hugues Daniel
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Hugues Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

That said, Kim is the most Belgian.
Hugues Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #52
country flag Lenny_DH

Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold

The fact that Kim has 3 YEC hasn't been mentioned once in this thread. Is it really that irrelevant?
Lenny_DH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #53
country flag SchTeTa

SchTeTa is a splendid one to behold SchTeTa is a splendid one to behold SchTeTa is a splendid one to behold SchTeTa is a splendid one to behold SchTeTa is a splendid one to behold SchTeTa is a splendid one to behold SchTeTa is a splendid one to behold SchTeTa is a splendid one to behold SchTeTa is a splendid one to behold SchTeTa is a splendid one to behold SchTeTa is a splendid one to behold

In my mind Kim. I didn´t watched Lindsay at her best, but Kim is quite something with her it looked so easy and I love her.
SchTeTa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #54
country flag danieln1

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Lindsay... The poll result is just right. Actually Kimberly got way too many votes.

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens
danieln1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #55
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

I go with Kim Clijsters. She is one of my favorite players all time. Everything she was doing on the court looked so easy, she was a fantastic talent and I would say that she accomplished little compared to her talent even though she has a Slam more than Davenport.

AUDREY HEPBURN RACHEL WEISZ NAOMI WATTS ROONEY MARA JESSICA CHASTAIN
VERA FARMIGA MICHELLE WILLIAMS KATE MARA AMY ADAMS RACHEL McADAMS
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #56
country flag Glasgow Smile
テニプリ

Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute Glasgow Smile has a reputation beyond repute

It's still Lindsay tbh
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #57
country flag Lenny_DH

Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold Lenny_DH is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenFondue View Post
It's still Lindsay tbh
There's a clear bias going on in this thread. Kim leads in the most relevant statistics (slam titles/finals and YEC). Only when these are tied (or close to) should side statistics like weeks at no.1, total titles, etc. come into play. You could argue the relevant stats are close to tied, but I don't think that's the case when Kim has 1 more slam title, 1 more slam final and 2 more YEC.
Lenny_DH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #58
country flag TennisGhost

TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute TennisGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Kim Clijsters.

Weeks at #1 and overall titles? Davenport only leads in those because her career was way longer. Kim was IMO the more talented player.
TennisGhost is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #59
country flag GOyoungUSA

GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of GOyoungUSA has much to be proud of

Lindsay

No one gives a crap about Kim's vultured weak era slams, beating Wozniacki/Zvonareva doesn't make you hot
GOyoungUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #60
country flag danieln1

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOyoungUSA View Post
Lindsay

No one gives a crap about Kim's vultured weak era slams, beating Wozniacki/Zvonareva doesn't make you hot
Exactly.

While Lindsay had to face peak Venus and other tough players, Kimberly had to face Woz and Zvonareva in slam finals. That pretty much explains why Kimberly has more slams than Lindsay.

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens
danieln1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote