Last tournaments of 2009 (Guangzhou, Tashkent, Beijing, Osaka, Luxembourg) - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 19th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #16
country flag Meteor Shower

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Last tournaments of 2009 (Guangzhou)

Good job Shahar win the title tomorrow!

******** Survivor
Meteor Shower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 19th, 2009, 06:31 PM   #17

Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute Meteor Shower has a reputation beyond repute

GUANGZHOU, China - It didn't come under ideal circumstances, but Shahar Peer reached her first Sony Ericsson WTA Tour final in over two and a half years on Saturday, winning against Peng Shuai by retirement in the semifinals of the $220,000 GDD-Guangzhou International Women's Open.

Peer, the No.5 seed, was trailing 3-1 in the first set before catching fire, winning six of the next seven games to take the first set, 6-4, and lead 1-0 in the second set. But that's when No.3 seed Peng couldn't go on, handing the Israeli a 64 10 retirement win and a spot in the final of her home tournament.

"Tennis is a game where you can have ups and downs. Like today, Peng Shuai got injured - it was an unfortunate accident. No one knows what's going to happen," Peer said. "No matter who I'll be facing in the final tomorrow, I have to prepare myself. Whether it's Morita or Brianti, I think my chances are 50-50."

Peer has been to four finals in her career, winning her first three, all in 2006 (Pattaya City, Prague, Istanbul) and falling to Venus Williams in her fourth and most recent (Memphis in February 2007).

It was indeed Alberta Brianti, the No.8 seed, who made it into Sunday's title match, winning the first set and then three times coming back from a break down in the second to edge No.7 seed Ayumi Morita, 63 75. It will be Brianti's first Tour final of any kind. The 29-year-old only reached her first semifinal earlier this summer too, at Portoroz, falling to world No.1 Dinara Safina there.

"It was a good match for me today. I played very well. The second set was tough. I was having problems with my back, but I feel much better now. I was very concentrated and I really wanted to win this match" Brianti said. "Shahar is a very good player. She's very tough. It will be a tough match for both of us.

"I've been very positive. I've been playing well. I'm improving every day."

Peer and Brianti will be facing each other for the first time.

******** Survivor
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:22 AM   #18
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Shahar down a break 1-2 COME ON SHAHAR!
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:25 AM   #19
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Shahar is hitting a little too many errors trying to be aggressive. I mean it's working on and off but she needs to control it a bit more. Although this is just the beginning of the match and shes already hit some awesome winners.
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:28 AM   #20
Praise thy name.

Shahar breaks back, 2-2 on a Brianti df. Down 0-2, comes back again. Keep it up Shahar!!!!
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:30 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
Shahar is hitting a little too many errors trying to be aggressive. I mean it's working on and off but she needs to control it a bit more. Although this is just the beginning of the match and shes already hit some awesome winners.
Really? I think her shots are too short, and she has yet to come into the net, so she is not agressive enough.. when she is its great though

great backhand DTL, 3-2.

******** Survivor

Last edited by Meteor Shower : Sep 20th, 2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:31 AM   #22
Praise thy name.

3-2 Shahar is playing great now. Sluggish start but shes playing great. Just smacked a great winner to end that game at love. Shes playing good defensively to make Brianti win the point and not just giving it to her with an error. Keep it up Shahar.
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:35 AM   #23

spam_gunner

******** Survivor
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #24
Praise thy name.

dang thing wouldn't work on the first time.
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:41 AM   #25
Praise thy name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Shower View Post
Really? I think her shots are too short, and she has yet to come into the net, so she is not agressive enough.. when she is its great though

great backhand DTL, 3-2.
that volley was delish.

i honestly dont think she needs to be that agressive. i think she has this in the bag and why risk giving a bunch of errors and turning this into more of match that it needs to be. shes playing at a B level and is still cruising.
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:45 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
that volley was delish.

i honestly dont think she needs to be that agressive. i think she has this in the bag and why risk giving a bunch of errors and turning this into more of match that it needs to be. shes playing at a B level and is still cruising.
You are right, but I just think if she will be agressive in finals like those, she will have better chance being agressive against top10 players (in finals hopefully )

******** Survivor
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:46 AM   #27
Praise thy name.

excellent 2nd serve. 30-0 2 more pts!!
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:49 AM   #28
Praise thy name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Shower View Post
You are right, but I just think if she will be agressive in finals like those, she will have better chance being agressive against top10 players (in finals hopefully )
yeah. i think even though the score was terrible for memphis, she still played a good match. i think when her games on, she can be a thorn in any top 10 player's side.

6-3 the net cord is bff's with shahar today.
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 06:55 AM   #29
Praise thy name.

5 aces today.
Old Sep 20th, 2009, 07:00 AM   #30
Praise thy name.

6-3, 2-1*

Now you can steamroll her Shahar