Should wozniacki learn how to volley? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 14th, 2009, 02:58 AM   #1
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute
Should wozniacki learn how to volley?

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:03 AM   #2
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future
Re: Should wozniacki learn how to volley?

Other than that one great point, the wheels have come off for Woz in the last 3 games. This is the first time I've seen her play, the haters are ridiculous. She has a nice game.
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:04 AM   #3
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Well she did play doubles at this US Open.
Her and Cristea played pretty good against Venus and Serena.
When you respect Kim's passing ability, it's tough not to get a little loose on the volleys.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:05 AM   #4
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposablehero View Post
Other than that one great point, the wheels have come off for Woz in the last 3 games. This is the first time I've seen her play, the haters are ridiculous. She has a nice game.
She's not that agresive all the time.
When she doesn't feel she has to, she's quite passive.

But kudos to her on going for it in her biggest match ever.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:07 AM   #5
disposablehero

disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future disposablehero has a brilliant future

Spoke too soon. Suddenly we are on the 2nd Deuce of Kim's service game and now a break point.
It's an interesting matchup. Kim fighting the spin and Wozniacki fighting an elite elite player.
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:08 AM   #6
country flag ED fan forever

ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of ED fan forever has much to be proud of

Damn she's serving for the set now-Clijsters an UE machine at the moment
"And thanks to all the people around the world for supporting me, and my fan club, I could feel your support no matter where I was in the world. Thank you for your devotion. Most importantly, thanks to my family, especially my mom. You've been very supportive, encouraging, inspiring... you were always there for me. It was a long way and we did it together. I love you mom. It's so emotional. It's so hard to say goodbye. I'm going to miss you so much"
Elena Dementieva, 29/10/2010
ED fan forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:08 AM   #7
country flag thrust

thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute thrust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by disposablehero View Post
I AGREE! THE HATERS ARE MAINLY BALL BASHING WILLIAMS AND SHARAPOVA FANS. IF SHE BECOMES A BETTER VOLLEYER, SHE COULD BE A GREAT PLAYER.
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:10 AM   #8
country flag KBdoubleu

KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute KBdoubleu has a reputation beyond repute

She's playing a good match for her first slam final. People really need to get off her back.
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:12 AM   #9
country flag cartmancop

cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future cartmancop has a brilliant future

She's still young, so hopefully the volleys will improve as she gains more big match experience. She's had a few more chances to sneak in and finish off points, but has retreated. But she's doing pretty well in the biggest match of her life, especially compared to some GS final trainwrecks we've seen before...
cartmancop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:13 AM   #10
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

This is how she should be playing.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #11
country flag fufuqifuqishahah
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's playing really well; nice smart tennis. Sure her volleys aren't the best, but at least they are over the net and in the court and she is winning a lot of those points.
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:20 AM   #12
country flag Horizon

Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future Horizon has a brilliant future

That was a thoroughly enjoyable 1st set imo.

Caro has such a watchable game, it's fascinating.
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:21 AM   #13
country flag cellophane

cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute cellophane has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, Kim should have won that first set a lot sooner

"I wish I were as aggressive and serious as those floors too!!" - GOAT Cynthia Zimmerman
cellophane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:24 AM   #14
country flag goldenslam888

goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold goldenslam888 is a splendid one to behold

85% OF THE Wta Should Learn How To Volley.

Last edited by goldenslam888 : Sep 14th, 2009 at 03:34 AM.
goldenslam888 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 03:32 AM   #15
disposablehero

BTW, since I never joined the Men's forum, I'll just take this opportunity to say Roger Federer plays at a level far above anything tennis has seen before. Djokovic is a monster just to hang with him.